Multi-player difficulty level determination??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maddawg, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Maddawg

Maddawg Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Is the difficulty level in Multi-player a preset numeric value, if so is it the highest value? Or is it determined by the hosts difficulty level setting?

2. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    by difficulty level you mean?

3. Maddawg

Maddawg Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    The difficulty level of the AI can be set in Single Player Mode to 80-120 numeric value. When playing Multi-Player online what is the difficulty level in Amateur and Get Real games. Is it the 120 value??

4. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Get real - without helpers like brake assist, steering assist e.t.c
    Amateur - you can switch on helpers

difficulty level of AI's isn't the same as Get Real or Amateur options

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    The AI level does not alter the driving characteristics, if that's what you mean. The difficulty of driving the cars always stays the same, at AI level 80 or 120. The only thing that influences the "difficulty" of driving is the modes, Get Real being the most "realistic", offering the least aids.

Ninja'ed by digitizer. ;)

6. Maddawg

Maddawg Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    If I drive any of the cars in Get Real Mode at an AI difficulty setting of 92 and above I cannot exercise the least bit of recklessness. Recklessness: hard on the throttle, jerk the wheel, hard on the brake, tap an AI car. Any of the former and I will be "rewarded" with complete loss of control similar to being on ice with bald tires. I will end up off the track and "punished" by facing backwards or nose to a guide rail each and every time without fail resulting in a last place position when reentering the track.

If I lower the difficulty level to 91 or below, whole different ball game. Car is glued to the track (kinda), any of the aforementioned manuevers are "forgiven". If I tap an AI the result is realistic, not catastrophic. I can actually nudge AI cars aside sometimes off the track without losing position or crashing.
    I had previously believed that changing the AI difficulty level only made the AI faster. Turns out it affects the physics of my car as well (more difficult or easier to control).

Thus my question, is Multi-Player set at a high level of difficulty in Get Real Mode, because I've got a lot of hours in this game (close to 1000) and cannot compete in Get Real Mode. Granted that says something about my abilities (lead foot). But the difficulty level must be really high in Multi-Player if after as many hours as I have, I am unable to adapt.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. DriftMachine

DriftMachine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    Multi player difficulty is based on a few things. The 3 levels of assist, damage, tire wear, and flag rules. There Is no ai in multiplayer. The difficulty is based on these factors and the players who happen to join the match.

As for ai in game I have no problem beating them no matter the level. I think they are not hard enough. I think the accident avoidance needs worked on, but that is another topic entirely. The higher the level, the more crasher rammer they become.

I have about 800 hours in the game at this time. I am currently inactive as I am rebuilding my rig to better support sim vibe.

8. Maddawg

Maddawg Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Thank you!

9. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    I'm in the average at best skill set. Once the AI gets above 105 setting or so, I have problems keeping up. I have not noticed any difference in my car/physics with the AI level number changing, but it may be just that - I haven't noticed.

Online, Ive always stuck to get real because I like immersion. I don't think I have near the hours you do but I can usually stay respectable online and win from time to time in non league races (too many experts) You just have to start doing it and keep at it, you'll get faster month by month, sometimes in quick spurts, like when.....

The two things that have really helped me start keeping up are braking (heavy at first, then back off to avoid lock up) and accelerator control (control the car in turns). Mastering those two things at least makes it to where I'm able to run with the pack in any race, barring mistakes.

Go for it and good luck, hard to beat a good online battle, even if it's for 13th place, can be just as much fun if you and your opponent can race closely safely.

• Like Like x 1
  10. DriftMachine

DriftMachine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    Yea, pedal control is where its at for better driving. Watch the Skip Barber Going Faster Vid, you will learn a lot.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I find it to be a class to class thing, more than the set difficulty. (Racing with the AI set to 104-109 depending on class)
    Mostly race with the retro classes, NSU, Procar, Touring classics, DTM 92, G5 and GTO. And I can bump in to AI's without any problems, but if I hit them to hard or slam in to them in a braking zone without braking myself, both I and the AI end up in the gravel.

The tap that send you spinning you are talking about, I have only experienced this with the GT2 and GT3 class.

12. Maddawg

Maddawg Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    It seems to be a unilateral thing with me in all classes. But again as you say it depends on the force of the collision. Thanks!