Why not officially incorporate Crewchief into the Raceroom

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Azfalt Raser, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    As I was looking through the features in Crewchief, I wondered....Why hasn't Raceroom incorporated Crewchief into the game itself? Pay the developer (in Riksdaler ;)) and give the guy(s) some well deserved credit for a great mod.

• Like Like x 1
  2. mmaruda

mmaruda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    I think that the Crew Chief is the best thing that has ever happened to simracing since I developed an interest in the subject. I don't mind that it's not an official part of the sim, though I think it could potentially generate some hype around it, if it was, since well... nothing comes close. Like seriously, the spotter in iRacing can take a hike. I know it works with other games as well, but so far the Raceroom experience is the best and the author deserves a huge portion of cake and beer.

@gongo Just checked your sig, a fellow flight-simmer? ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Azfalt Raser

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    ah yes...Falcon 3.0. I also have the sister MIG29. Somehow, I lost 1 3.5" floppy from the installation disks.
    Back then, I thought the VHS tape that showed tactics and flight analysis was soooo cool. lol

4. Robert Bachmayer

Robert Bachmayer New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Crewchief is great, I just need to remember to enable it especially given the lengthy load times of raceroom on my system.

5. Bee

Bee Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Even better that Crewchief is also working on other titles.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Gareth Smith

Gareth Smith Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Couldn't agree more, I would hate it to be incorporated in Raceroom. I don't like racing without it and like to play other titles too.

7. Azfalt Raser

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Yikes....I didn't think of that. :confused:

8. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Being incorporated into R3E wouldn't mean that it couldn't appear in other titles unless S3S literally acquired it by paying for it. If they simply got permission from the creator to implement it into R3E the only thing that would change is it wouldn't be a plugin.

Tbh I don't care either way as it is a wonderful tool for many people and would likely help, but it also currently fills the role it is supposed to fill by being a plugin.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    "The Creator". Awesome, thanks for that :D

I'd be happy to discuss this with S3, but it couldn't be an exclusive because I don't want that and I already sell it to android users. They're also flat out with other stuff, have no plans to integrate it, and it would need substantial dev work to make this possible. So I think I'll continue as a separate little plugin for the foreseeable future. It works well enough in its current form anyway.

Glad you guys like it. It's hard to believe how much is come on since the initial proof of concept :)

• Like Like x 8
  10. Gareth Smith

Gareth Smith Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Moved to Crew Chief post...