Released GTR2 Pack & American Track Pack

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    @heppsan is it still the case?

We updated without refreshing backend so cache might have taken a bit to take effect.

Let us know if it still happens.

• Like Like x 1
  2. chrisserockt

chrisserockt New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    works fine now :D

3. Deni Kremer

Deni Kremer Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    For Sonoma competition must have full GTR 2 package that could participate ?!
    I have one GTR2 car (BMW) and can not enter ...

4. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0

Update: :oops:...uhm...uhm forgot to reboot which I always do after such updates/installations actually...to avoid errors like above....:rolleyes: (got the track pack)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  5. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Now I was able to purchase it, big thanks!! Let's Race!! :D

6. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    And me without a PSU for the next couple of weeks. Bad time for RMA :(

Pretty sure the end smile in his post meant sarcasm.

7. townnet

townnet Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I'm patience guy but my money not...

8. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    I didn't had all the liverirs off course.

But, still think it's a little bit pricy.

Now I bought the CTS standalone (299vrp) and 2-3 more liveries for the vette, the BMW and the Ruf... the price of the pack only get down to 708vrp :sweat:

708vrp only for liveries ?? .. a discount of less than 150vrp after buying the only car I didn't have from the pack (witch cost me the double)
    Wen I see the livery of th vette and the BMW witch are mostly numbers change, it's a little bit hard to justifiy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Regarding the Vette it is true, but i'm not sure you really checked the BMW, its got really nice liveries...

10. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Sur there is nice one. But: 11 liveries for the BMW, 5 are "BMW motorsport" with very little variance and mainly a different number.
    It's almost 50% of the BMW liveries ;)

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Honestly, what did you expect? Hello kitty? or Dragon Ball? :rolleyes:
    These are more or less historical liveries, as all the others for the other cars, and thats why i like them. ;)

PS: actually Hello Kitty is a bad exapmle, there is a McLaren in this years Blancpain series with Hello kitty livery :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    I didn't expect anything, just a more fair price for a pack of liveries when lot of them are not very differents

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. T_radley

T_radley Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for theses packs!!
    I'll purchase it tonight.

So, now we only miss possibility to do multiclass races in order to mix these GT2 with Daytona prototypes.

Ok, to be honest I also miss PC (would be easy, Oreca body on Radical LMP2, DP engine sound, slight physics adjusments, all in a mixer, magical powder and hop, that's done) as well as possibility to increase number of cars to 40.

14. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    First off, great to see (and hear!) the Cadillac and I really applaud the move to package up more things in a bundle, with both these cars and the track pack. I look forward to the P4/5 being included in this field eventually too.

However, I do have some reservations about this pack, which may be shared by some but probably not by others.

My primary concern is that this no longer looks or feels like a cohesive field of cars racing together, but more a collection of individual ones, similar to a Gran Turismo field. This started when the deviation away from a 'Simbin' standard number plate came into being, but now has become extreme to the point that few of the cars look like they belong together.

In this pack, there are 7 works BMW liveries, with plates from Le Mans, ALMS, N24, LMS in addition to the fictional one. None of them even have a pair. The two PTG cars look great, but it looks very strange when they're running together. Same issue with the Corvettes, where there are 6 works cars with slightly differing liveries, that don't fit well alongside each other.

I think the price for the livery pack is very high and I'm not sure I'm going to want to purchase 35 additional skins, when I have no control over which ones will appear in races and which ones won't (bearing in mind only 23 can be in any one race) and I can't make a cohesive 2 car team out of most of the schemes used, despite several of them being part of two-car teams in real life (eg Flying Lizards, Felbermayr). For now, I'm probably only going to stick with the base Cadillac.

I really do appreciate this sim and it's top of my playing list at the moment due to the level of immersion it gives, but not feeling like a true field is the main thing busting that immersion for me personally.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    If I'm not mistaken, you don't need to buy liveries for "the other cars".
    The liveries you buy is only for you to be able to drive with, but in SP mode IA will use all liveries avaliable even those you don't bought.

If I understand well...

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Yes, exactly. If I only raced against ones I chose/bought (not a recommendation) it would be easier to create a custom field!

17. Seb S15

Seb S15 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    a new update on the physics of the corvette ??
    thank's

18. maxel

maxel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    All GTR2 cars have updated physics now ;)
    GT2 is now my favorite class. That porsche eh, ruf is so much fun.
    Side by side racing is easy going. I love the physics!!
    And if you think the car is to easy to drive you are not driving fast enough :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Seb S15

Seb S15 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Hi Maxel,
    oki, thank's
    in fact, I find that they are not at all easy to drive ;)

20. GroovyMotion

GroovyMotion Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    @Seb15000-FR I find the GTR2 to be easier to drive than the GTR3, don't ask me why! o_O

• Like Like x 1