Released Mercedes-AMG GT3 licensed

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Jul 26, 2016.

1. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    as much as i love this mercedes would be nice for a time to vary from gt cars lile assetto is doing...raceroom is my fave simulator but i must admit i envy assetto roster :)

2. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Raceroom has the widest range of racing cars in any sim outthere. The problem is that online is focused on the GT 3 cars. Oh,and please keep road cars away...

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for this!

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    yeah - IMO one of the Strength of Raceroom is its focus on Racecars with licensed series. No other Sim offers something similar at the moment.
    For me, the roadcars are a weak-point in Assetto Corsa and PCars. But for sure - wouldn't mind some other Race-Series in R3E. But there is a lot of time in future to deliver those. This Years alot GT3-Cars are freshly released on track. Raceroom needs to keep up with that. I guess we wouldn't see so many new GT3-Cars in the next years - so there is a bit more time for other Cars between GT3, DTM and WTCC...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    i like having race cars but when i see assetto announcing 2 other alfa romeos and 24 new porsches (these are just examples)...well i'm a little envy. Raceroom generally just announce new cars that in reality are just the same cars but in different classes, while assetto announces almost only new cars... i love dtm and wtcc cars but well, would be nice to vary from these kind of cars...

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
  6. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    yepp - me too :) but unfortunately that is a bit of a license-matter with some difficult partners and there AC has done some good deals...

7. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Btw. licensing : Somehow I guess to get the Blancpain License is just a matter of time...(says my gutt)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    A Blancpain license would be just awesome :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Maybe, but isn't there an official agreement between iRacing and the Blancpain GT Series?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    There is, but beyond the Logo, what does it matter? Not like iRacing is sitting on a bag of marque licenses because of it. Assetto Corsa on the other hand does not have any affiliation that I know of to a series, yet they've bagged Ferrari, Lambo, now Porsche etc.

It would be cool but seeing as we're not yet in a position where the ADAC GT Masters is complete I think the focus should be elsewhere.

But anyways, back to the AMG. Impressive car, specially at the Nürburghurgschmurg.... I hate driving the damned thing though, will be interesting to test drive in R3E and see if the car and I are just completely incompatible ( as was the case in the SLS ) or if I've just been lazy with setups and Project CARS and AC have terrible defaults.

11. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Thats right.

But here too, is a little downer:
    I hate to race offline in the GT3 Pack because of the unrealistig names and paintings. It´s not "real" you know?

So i love to drive the Masters. Many of the drivers there i know in real, so i have contrahents, with which one i be identified.
    Bur here is the downer: I´m not able to drive there in "my" Porsche.

So for me it would be enaugh if they put the possibility to drive the RUF in the GT - Masters. But this is not possible, so i drive the GT3-Pack with teeth gnashing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Yepp - but as far as I know, the car-selector-option will come "soon" in R3E. So you might be able to Drive the ADAC GTM + adding "your" Porsche/Ruf - I guess the Schütz-Porsche? Would fit perfect to GTM 15

13. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Would be a nice feature. + selectable GT-Masters ruleset! (Driverchanges)
    How it is right now the 2015er GTM is worthless.

14. Collin0021

Collin0021 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    THAT SOUND!!!

15. Silo

Silo New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's also worth keeping in mind that AC seems to be much more popular with the mainstream crowd than R3E, and that AC will also be released on the PS4 and XBox. In addition to this, AC has certainly received more media coverage than R3E, not just on mainstream media sites like GameSpot but also on racing-specific sites like TeamVVV and InsideSimRacing (just my impression).

With reasons like these I can understand why certain brands wish to be part of AC, since their brand can be seen by significantly more people. The irony though, is that many - if not most - of our mainstream gamers don't really care what they are driving.

Post-edit: I'm not implying that AC is aimed at mainstream gamers, but simply that more mainstream gamers seem drawn towards AC than to R3E.

16. Sean Lander

Sean Lander Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    Yup AC has done a great job in getting their name out there.

But for me R3E has the most desirable car list bar none.
    I hope it never gets diluted with road cars but probably will.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    AC apparently failed to land the Bentley, now for my part I'll take Lambos and Ferraris over Bentley any day, but it is nice to see S3 get a "win" in the licensing every now and again.

Back to the "Old mans land yacht" Gt3. Tried it again in AC on Zandvort and didn't hate it quite so much this time, depending on how the LCD is handled I may just buy this once it's out after all.

18. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    A large part of this is the massive and ingrained connections that the AC marketing personnel have with so many racing teams. Having worked directly with Ferrari in the past they have connections that basically none of the other racing game developers have. It cannot be overstated how ridiculously important and useful this is for them to attain some of the difficult licenses in a smoother, easier, and sometimes cheaper fashion than the other developers could ever dream of being able to do.

19. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Eh it's not like Kunos was the first dev to ever have access to the Ferrari license. Simbin had it as well.

Edit: Quick check and I see I was full of shit and Simbin got it through series licensing rather then straight from the manufacturer. Still the point stands that Kunos is far from alone in having the licenses they hold. Kunos does a bang up job on their licensing but I think people VASTLY oversimplify things with the usual "previous working relationship" or even Italian secret handshake. That said partnerships certainly do seem to help as it netted AC the Porsches yet unlike R3E they can't get bentleys. Anyways, BACK TO TALKING ABOUT THE BOAT GT3.

20. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Right but in the past (and present) most of the other games/companies that have licenses like Ferrari and Lamborghini are massive games or studios with lots of capital to throw around. This is the main reason everyone makes a big deal of the relationships Kunos has as they are a small studio (that has grown quickly) yet still have access to many of these difficult and/or expensive licenses.

• Agree Agree x 1