Simbin sims on Steam

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by kingtin, Aug 11, 2016.

1. kingtin

kingtin New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I don't see any "buy" button on Steam for GT Legends, GTR2 or the Mega Bundle. There is no price displayed either. I am in South Africa and running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, if that makes any difference.

Thanks for any help :)

2. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    My only guess is they might be region locked, because I've just checked and they're all available (at least in Europe)

3. Raaf

Raaf Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    I recently bought GT legends for about €1,- at Steam, but I found the graphics disappointing on a large screen: too pixelated.

GTR2 holds out reasonably well though.

(or did I miss a setting in GT Legends?)

4. kingtin

kingtin New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your replies. It's a bit frustrating that I can't access any of the older Simbin titles... Here's a screenshot from the Steam app on my phone. It's the same story on my PC. Screenshot_20160812-055624.png

5. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Do you own maybe retail copies of them? Because all retail (CD/DVD Boxset) SimBin games can be activated through Steam with their CD/DVD keys, afaik. So try to check if they are still available somewhere in your country.

Steam keys are also available in the humble store, but region locking could be a problem there too:
    https://www.humblebundle.com/store/search/search/simbin

And then there are those 'second hand' game stores like G2A.com, cdkeys.com...etc. But keep in mind that the source of the keys are unknown on those sites, it doesn't mean they are not valid, but they can be stolen or free keys, so you will not support the devs if you buy stuff from there.

• Like Like x 1
  6. kingtin

kingtin New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thanks @Balrog

The Humble Store looks like it will work. Wasn't expecting GT Legends to be quite that much though. I'll check out the outlets here and see if I can find a hard copy.

Thanks again. :)

7. Raaf

Raaf Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    You can also buy the games - in hardcopy - in the raceroom store. They are not cheap, but they come with VRP coupons that compensate their price. But shipping may be a problem.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I just remembered that I might still have some unused keys for Race 07 from the original 'RaceRoom - The Game' hot lap competition times. All of my sim racer friends own the game already so I don't know what to do with them. Don't get your hopes too high, but there's a chance at least one of these keys are still valid, feel free to try it out (but pls let me know if you activated them)
    <<keys activated>>

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  9. RacerMark

RacerMark Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Second key activated, thankyou:)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jazz Forsberg

Jazz Forsberg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Got the first one working. Thanks a lot !

• Like Like x 1
  11. kingtin

kingtin New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Snap! My phone email was not syncing or I would have picked up your reply here @Balrog

Thanks very much anyway :) Very kind.

I've found GT Legends and GTR2. Raceroom feels better, but it's still cool racing minis and Cortinas around :)

• Like Like x 1