Custom Championships.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sdemonnz, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Sdemonnz

Sdemonnz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    This could well be one of those threads that turns into a "wishlist" as so many seem to do around here :)

Anyway a couple of questions/suggestions for the Custom Championship option of Raceroom.....
    Is it possible to make your custom championship with varying perimeters for each race....for example I would like to set up a championship where I run 3 - 30min sprint-type races, and then move into a 1 hr race and finish with a 3 hr enduro. It looks to me like you can only set "overall" settings for the entire championship, I think it would be quite good to open up the options a little here...?

I think it would also be good to be able to swap our custom championships (and possibly car setups could use the same format) with other Raceroom players - pretty sure that previous Sector3 titles (or Simbin as they were back in the day) had the option to download other players submitted car setups.....

Raceroom is very hard-coded, in the fact that we cant add mods/skins etc (something I kind of miss but don't at the same time - there's some dreadful mods for other titles :confused:) and this is obviously a move by Sector3 to keep the game up to their high standards (and also not to blur licensing issues) But I do feel the experience is lacking user input somewhat - the ability to trade championships and/or car setups would give a little input from the dedicated users of Sector3's fine title....and allow for us who largely don't (or aren't good enough to) race online.....

Be interested to hear others input on this......
    Chris

*I can already see - we need proper flags/safetycars etc added first :p;):eek:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I would like access to more information/stats during and after a custom championship and if available links to the replays.
    Also an option to start season 2 and so on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Same here. More stats please...

Full race results for every round
    Fastest lap info
    Qualifying info
    Full stats breakdown for every driver

etc, etc...

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Final standings would be good........:(

5. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    That reminds me of another thing that irks me, at the end of the race when it shows the race standings the pages are on a timer. IMO much better to have a scroll bar or forward and previous buttons.

• Agree Agree x 2