1960's F1 cars interest check

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mmaruda, Aug 27, 2016.

1. mmaruda

mmaruda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    I know there is already a car wish-list thread, this is something different. I would like to see how many people would like to see the likes of Lotus 49 or Brabham BT20 in Raceroom, so maybe Sector3 notices and puts it on a to-do list sometime in the future. I know Raceroom is mostly about more modern race cars and while I know many people like the occasional vintage drive, probably very few simracers actually races this stuff.

So here is the deal:

V8, no downforce, full manual box open-wheeler deathtrap (baciacally a gasoline bomb on 4 wheel for real men with moustaches and hairy chests) - would you like to have it in Raceroom and would drive and race it at least once a week, especially if it came with a dedicated track like classic Silverston?

Drop a comment, if you do, don't if you dislike, or don't care. Definitely don't drop a comment, if you hate the idea. :)

Picture for reference:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
    • Love it! Love it! x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Meh, not really. Other sims have that angle covered already.
    Plus, "probably very few simracers actually races this stuff"
    Simracing as a whole is pretty small and people that want to race these are even rarer. Why spend resources on something that's barely touched by most?

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Sdemonnz

Sdemonnz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    Call me a 50-50 on these cars.....

I'm open to any content that may be included for Raceroom further down the track - these cars are probably not my preferred classic open wheelers - BUT there's one good thing about Raceroom...we have the "Testdrive" option before we purchase...and who knows a couple of spins round the Raceroom circuit might just entice me to buy!

I'm not big on online play either (maybe its because I'm bad and slow!) being on the other side of the world (New Zealand) to most players doesn't help with timezones!

I do kind of like the idea of a user-based poll for some content - but it needs to be controlled somehow so it doesn't vary off track into a car wish-list.
    The fine guys at Sector 3 could use this type of post/data to decide the direction of the game driven by the users of their product....and could stop them committing endless hours of research and development into a car/class that may not sell or be popular when released.

Chris

4. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    No interest, none, nobody wants these ;)
    Thats my opinion.
    Simple, why ask for content and more content when there are basics missing, the fundamentals of a racing game still not implemented or very limited where they are.
    You ask for content then tomorrow ask why there are no flags or whatever, stop asking for pointless content, let the folks with a handle on the reins get the message, content dosnt rule, it makes money maybe, and at that probably not as much as a good game with a good grip on the basics would with the same content, pisses a lot of people off by focusing too heavily on content over function, even if it is generally good content, i have every track, only 3 cars i dont own, im not desperate nor in any hurry for content, intelligent ai, idk, kick ban server function and whatever else you could think of, there is shitloads missing, push for that, James nailed it here, (well he didnt but its a good starting point)
    But there is more, so much more, dya\night transition, weather, rain, i mean wtf when was the last time a gt3 season went by without one wet race? wtf race, what about a single session? And theres more and more and more.
    My 2cents.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  5. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    I love these cars, look awsome. I just don't like driving them at all, sorry.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    I'd give a go.
    Driveabiltity of a cigarre with more than 400 hp, less than 800 kg and without any aero will be something new. A bit like FR Jr., much more harder to handle and with more bite marks in the wooden steering wheels.:) No doubt S3 would do their best, to replicate the driving experience as close as possible. And the sound would be extraordinary anyway.
    So, coming some historic tracks along with this cars? Yes!
    Gonna have a look at Grand Prix this evening.;)

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  7. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    I like this cars and like to drive them, but ... in other sim. Without historic tracks i don't see any reason to have this cars in R3E

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Nah, I barely drive the open wheels we have now. AC has an older version of the lotus. I hate that damn car.:mad: I spend most my time spinning around in circles:eek: and bouncing off the barricades:confused:. :oops::rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I'm sorry to say, I won't be interested in buying a 60s F1 pack as I don't really enjoy open wheels other than selected few in a few games.

Still, I can understand the demand for it and I say it would be still a great addition to the game. The game isn't made for me but I think a lot of people would love it.

10. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I like the cars, sure, but they're in rF2, AC and AMS with more time period tracks, so I certainly don't need them here.

The weakness to me in each of those games is the lack of a 'field', they're all just variants on the same single car. rF2 and AMS address that a little, and fair play, but they only way I would be interested is if there were 5 or 6 different cars and engine note varieties.

And to be honest, I'd rather they used the time for something else.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Supermini

Supermini Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I'd love to see them in R3E, although I agree with @Rodger Davies : there would need to be a few different cars, and especially on period-appropriate circuits. rF2 does it best so far; but R3E's driving is a lot more fun IMO. So in an ideal world, yeah let's have them.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    I'd be highly interested in a classic 60s F1 pack. The later 60s with the Hondas, Matras, Eagles, Lotus and Brabhams offers a great diversity that I would love to relive in R3E.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    Nah, those cars are pretty well represented already in other games and like someone said, historic tracks would be needed to accompany them. If some historic content beyond GR5 would be released, I'd take Can-Am cars and tracks from late 60's to early 70's any day before a single F1 car simply because those machines were badass and very poorly available for other sims. Mostly I'd like to see new features instead of new content, though.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Also a fan of those cars, but AMS covers my needs. Can-Am sounds more "new", or some US muscle. Also agreeing that for best experience the tracks should be in a historic mood, just live that in AMS. If one watches old F1, with so many people close to tracks, while super dangerous, the sense of speed with so much "close encounters" is even higher :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. William Wester

William Wester Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    I'm not very interested in open wheel, especially F1. Open wheel feel out of place for me in R3E, but that's just me. And as others have said, there are some very good open wheel in a number of other games/sims.
    But, if there is open wheel, I would prefer the older stuff :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Nestoche

Nestoche New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I love the old F1 cars however, like someone said, I want them to spend their time adding missing pieces that we been asking for...Be nice to have a full single career type mode but I doubt it will ever happen...

17. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I'd take the 60s F1 cars all day everyday as long as the physics are done right, which on most sims they are in, don't imo.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Geez, I had no idea you are a former F1 driver from the 60's mate, knowing how 60's F1 cars should handle and all... You gotta share some of that knowledge with me sometimes ;)

Clearly this is the advantage you have when we have some races together ;) Talk about hustling me much. haha

19. Ty Duff

Ty Duff Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    Historic/classic content is always welcome so one can use the clutch/H pattern. I'd like a sector 3 version of these cars in some form but with Automobilistas 60's versions and various mods unless it was a balls out cars/teams/tracks exercise their time may be better spent on something no-one else is doing already - and to license/build all those would be a massive job.

If/when they dish out a classic RF car I will buy it for sure but surely there are untapped markets in North America & Asia/Oceania that are just begging for some sector 3 magic - not to mention some Nordic stuff...

20. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    People mirror my sentiment on them quite well above, other sims already do it and beyond a race or two here and there they don't really have the draw of more modern open wheelers and or touring/GT cars. Also I'm personally quite tired of a single car representing series that are/were not single make, I realize it's easier and all but it just doesn't feel like F1.