Another "which pedal set to get"-thread

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Fleskebacon, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    So, I've obviously come across some cash and am upgrading my rig. I've ordered the T300 Alcantara combo, which probably is the best choice for my use right now. I'm thinking about ditching the pedals and stepping up to some load cell based stuff.

My initial thought was to get the T3PA Pro pedals and the Ricmotech load cell upgrade, but that would set me back €160 for the pedal set, and another €220 for the load cell upgrade, for a €380 total.

I then looked at the Fanatec Clubsport pedals, which would cost me €440, which isn't THAT much more.

And then there is the new Fanatec CSL Elite which can be pre-ordered, costing me €290.

I'm thinking that the T3PA Pro load cell-path is a dead end. What do you guys think?

• Like Like x 1
  2. rbn

rbn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I dont have personal experience with any of them, have a T300 with T3PA, but will eventtually upgrade to CS V3 and a Fanatec base.

Upgrading the T3PA Pro is just to expensive if you look at the alternatives.

The V3's don't use pot-meters like the T3PA and CSL's but uses hall sensors. So that alone is worth 60 EUR.
    Also its very moddable and comes with different pedal plates, adjustable tension etc. Just the best option.

The CSL looks pretty nice also. Would certainly pick that instead off the T3PA Pro.
    Its not as moddable as the V3 and don't know if the load cell is any good, now many reviews yet.

3. Caledonian Wolf

Caledonian Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    After much thought I have decided that you definitely need a set of these. Don't worry about the price. You deserve it.

[​IMG]

4. minidriver

minidriver Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
  5. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    See I use to think that way as well, firstly it does depend where you live, cause custom tax is big coming into Europe, I've watched the PST since they were first ever announced, and the more and more I watch about them they more reviews and people I know that have them can't convince me it would be a good move, to many moving parts, can work out extremely costly if you have to return them and so on. Where as on the flip side I wouldn't of considered any Fanatec gear a year ago, but the V3's hold my interest.
    Some may say you benefit from top grade pedals on your driving, to a certain point maybe but there is a limit I think, for me it's about longevity, I've been using the T500 pedals for 6 years now, yes there not top grade but with a couple of skateboard bushes there not bad, only con is having to replace pots once or twice a year, which can be quite tedious, so that would be the only reason for me to look at the Fanatecs, but the PST's I can see having a short life time.

6. Fleskebacon

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    As mentioned, import taxes are heavy in Europe. I couldn't find international shipping cost on their page, but assuming it's $30, which is a modest guess, the pedals would end up costing me more like €550. And that's above my budget.

I'm not a very fast driver in any case, so I'm mainly looking for "the right feeling". :)

I got my T300 with the T3PA pedals today (the bundle was cheaper than buying the wheel base + wheel separately), and with the included rubber cone they're actually not too bad while I wait for my final load cell decision.

I think the plan will be to wait for the new Fanatec CSL and see what the reviews will say. They'll probably be the cheapest way into the load cell segment, and well within my bugdet.

7. minidriver

minidriver Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Yep sorry forgot about import duties.. we have a $1000 limit in Australia before we're hit with duties..
    I have the t3pa-pros and with the rubber cone mod they feel great. when I have some spare cash I'll be getting the ricmotech load cell mod.

8. Fleskebacon

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I was surprised by the T3PA (not pro) pedals that came with the wheel, actually. The rubber cone mod feels much better than the G27 pedals with Nixim mod, which works in a similar way. The T3PA is much more precise, and when I set the deadzone to 25% and sensitivity to 35%, braking is far easier than I would have thought.

The throttle and clutch are a bit too soft for my liking, but that can probably be solved by simply getting some stronger springs.

9. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    If you can get a pair of secondhand Fanatec CSR Elite pedals secondhand, they're pretty good value for pedals with a loadcell brake. I managed to get a set for £80 on eBay not that long ago in good condition.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    I had the t3pa pedals with rubber cone mod. But then I decided to go for the fanatec CSP V3. They're so much better. And the rumble effect is nice!
    I paid 375€ incl. shipping for them from the fanatec store. I don't regret a cent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Thinking about upgrading my t3pa's to the new CSL Elite LC's once they're available. Looks like a nice middle ground cost to performance wise while still being a very marked improvement over the t3pas.

12. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Instead of running another thread about pedals thought I'd might hijack this one quickly, just want to know if anyone is using the T500 along side with CS V3 pedals? if so any problems? and I believe it's good that they don't plug into the base, but via usb on the PC where the resolution is higher.

13. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Should be fine, I basically do the same thing with my T300 and CSR Elite pedals, though if you want to use that combo with ohter sims on a console you'll need to use the Basherboards CPX adaptor , but plugging the wheel and pedals into seperate USB ports works fine for me on PC with R3E, AMS, AC and ETS2.

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. Cerfirm

Cerfirm New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just received a chance to order the PT-1:s but i decided to not order as the shipping($126) and potential VAT made the pedals very close to the price point for the HE sim pedals Pro. I think they were ~80€ apart

15. Jorgen Wahlby

Jorgen Wahlby Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    OR... you make them yourself :) for about the same price BUT with the benefit of knowing how to repair and maintain them with ease. There are tons of builds out there with detailed descriptions on what to buy. You do need to have a little "know how" and some tools but besides that it's awesome to know that you made them yourself.
    Photos from my previous builds and the ones I use now for reference can be found Here and also some additional picks of my rig ;)

Oops just realized that this is a "somewhat old thread" :oops:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  16. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    Little...

I'm impressed :)

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  17. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I have both CSPv3 and CSL Elite PS4, and I fully recommend both.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Ami_M3

Ami_M3 Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Go with the Fanatecs V3. You'll never get your money back if you decide to sell your modded T3PA. One day you may want to upgrade to something even better and V3 are quick and easy to sell.
    I thought about V3s myself, but decided to wait a little longer and go straight to HE as I know I'd crave for them as soon as I bought Fanatecs :D

• Agree Agree x 1