Blueish color tint in R3R graphics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mister dog, Apr 7, 2015.

1. mister dog

mister dog Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

Picked up R3R over the weekend , and been enjoying the game so far, but i've noticed that the graphics have this blueish tint in them. Like if you can chose between a cold/warm color filter which typically goes from a blue to yellow tint, normally for the perfect tint it should be in the middle, but in R3R someone put it too far off to the blue side.

Is there any way to correct this with a filter? Haven't found one so far.
    If there isn't is S3 planning to add some customization for this?

Thanks in advance for the response [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Jay Ekkel

Jay Ekkel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    can you post a screenshot of this problem?

I have never heard of this before, so really wondering what you are seeing on your monitor! Have you checked your monitor cables?

3. mister dog

mister dog Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Hi Jay, thanks for the reply. It's not an issue it's just how the graphics of R3R are set.
    I looked into it some more and it's called color temperature. This is an example:

[​IMG]

The below 'blueish' example is how R3R's graphics are and it's most noticable on tracks during morning and noon conditions. For example in the picture below you can see that the blue of the sky flows into the car and the grass, giving a cold color temperature:
    [​IMG]
    I'm a bit of a graphics whore so i notice these things quite quickly. You could tell me to bugger off and adjust my television colors, but i have them just right and with other games i do not have this problem so i don't want to victimize my television set.
    A simple graphical (PP) filter with some different options would solve this issue i think, so i hope you guys would be willing to look into this [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  4. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    in this image taken straight from the game with no editing (unlike the one above)
    [​IMG]
    the color looks fine too me

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. mister dog

mister dog Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Also in your screenshot there is a blueish undertone which gives the colors a cold feeling. I found this comparison here which clearly shows what i mean:

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    well i personally dont mind how r3e looks but i see no reason why not to implement a feature as long as it isn't too hard
    and i have always been of the opinion that the more sliders the better (although usually in relation to audio this can also be applied to graphics).

• Like Like x 1
  7. ThereIs0nly0ne

ThereIs0nly0ne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. mister dog

mister dog Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Hi thank you for the tip! I downloaded and unzipped it into the 'game' folder like you said, but when i press the scroll lock key to open it like the instructions say, nothing happens?

Edit: just watched some Sfx instruction videos and this is over my head. I just recently graduated from the console world and starting to adjust ingame files apart from drag/drop is a bit too tricky for me.
    I couldn't even install it right so better not risk it :confused:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  9. Richard Powell

Richard Powell Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    If I see a bluish tinge I just figure it's my tires smoking.......

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    On the whole Daylight is blue, 5500-600 Kelvin at noon but drops towards 2-3k Kelvin during sets and rises. If the white balance was way off it would be a lot bluer.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  11. mister dog

mister dog Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Yes but it doesn't affect other colors into making everything seem blue. In R3R it filters into all the other colors (also the ones that are on the other side of the spectum like yellow). What do you think of the Mercedes 190 comparison above? The blue shade affects the asphalt and the car colors even.

12. Stiggy

Stiggy Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  13. mister dog

mister dog Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Seems promising. Some good PP filters would be very welcome indeed. Getting rid of the 'blue mood' and maybe making the environments a bit lighter (as some are quite dark, trees look black even at times). @S3 hope this can be released in the next update ;)

14. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    You may laugh but I actually like the blue tone, gives this typical (Ex-Simbin) Sector 3 Feeling, very clear without any over- the -top gfx patina. Allowing a good focus depth and such....see what you mean, though...matter of taste eventually...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Obizzz

Obizzz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    I've always felt R3E was too warm in it's colour palette.

I would love it if my R3E looked more like those screenshots.

I really wouldn't mind some ability to adjusts colour balance and saturation. It's a tad oversaturated for my liking.

• Like Like x 2
  16. mister dog

mister dog Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    I think this is the general consensus here... Sector 3? :D

17. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    I'm fine with the overall look and colors of R3E. For me it looks quite realistic and not like a hollywood movie with some brownish filters. I think, it's a little bit similar to the colour palette of iRacing.

Otherwise some option sliders to adjust colour balance and saturation shouldn't hurt. ;)

18. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    I changed the mood from Default to realistic a while back.
    here is two screenshot , time of the day is most likely not the same thought.

one i took from a video on youtube where i realized what @mister dog was talking about. It looked way to blue to me. And i was pretty sure i never noticed it before lol.
    Blue1.jpg

This screenshot i just took it right now from one of my replay. "with Realistic mood".
    Blue2.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
  19. mister dog

mister dog Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    You mind writing me a step by step guideline for dummies on how to implement that realistic mood, so i can have it like you do? I took a look at sweetfx, but it was a bit over my head as i'm new to the pc scene and i don't want to screw my game up trying to tweak settings i don't understand.

20. FunkyChicken

FunkyChicken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Mr. Dog, you just need to rename two files.
    Open Steam and right-click on R3E, select properties. On the Pop-Up, select "local files" and "search local files". The install folder opens and you go to /Game/Shaders/dx9/fx/moods
    Here you rename 1) default.mood to default_old.mood 2) realistic.mood to default.mood 3) default_old.mood to realistic.mood

That's it; less saturated and more natural graphics. Depending on your monitor and graphics-card color settings, the difference will range from less to very visible.

Great to see people still like this little edit ;)

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1