The Project CARS thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ::SKRO::, May 7, 2015.

1. Paul a.D.

Paul a.D. Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Welcome back at Road America

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Paul a.D.

Paul a.D. Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. St3fan

St3fan Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Actually I'm certain Sector3 guys visit that site. It is said PRC is given access to all R3E contents for free so R3E gets more coverage on the internet.

Also if you check their article crticizing R3E's AI a few months ago, the first one to reply was the dev, replied almost right after the release of that AI bashing article. That looked way too much like planned to me. It's like Sector3 allowed this blog to publish criticism of their game, and then immediately after the criticism they reply to show that they listen to criticism and are unlike other devs who "blatant ban users simply say negative things about their game" such as Ian Bell or Stefano Casillo.

That is exactly when I no longer visit that site and when I started to be unsure about my support for Sector3.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Im aware the devs visit that site. My statement I made where I excluded the Sector3 devs, was referring to other devs giving PRC the same sort of criticism for being an awful hate blog. ISI, Kunos, Reiza, and I think the iR devs have all said the same things about PRC, yet I havent read anything from the Sector3 guys saying anything negative about that site.

I wasnt trying to say that the devs dont read that site at all. :p

As for your other point about one of the first comments on an article being from a dev here...

What if I told you I browse that site and have seen numerous articles go live and could have been the first comment. Would you also say there is some monkey business going on had I left the first comment on an article? It's purely random coincidence. The devs arent working with that site whatsoever, beyond allowing that site to have access to the game so they can review things and write articles... while having the content in the game to actually do so.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. St3fan

St3fan Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I misunderstood you then.

That's my concern. People, including the devs, are giving this site way too much attention. I don't think it is, in the long run, doing more benefit than harm for Sector3 to give them access to all their content for review.

My 2 cents.

6. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Got PC on PS4 yesterday for a steal price. Looks they have patched some things since the early days. i tested the first Windows release on somebody else's system, and was not impressed at all - not by a wide margin. Honestly said I thought it was crap. Crappy physics, crappy AI, crappy experience, nice graphics, mediocre sounds.

Well, on a Windows PC I probably still would think of it like this, but on PS4 with gamepad control, I think it is actually a decent game, maybe - or certainly - because I meet a racing game on a console with completely another mindset and with very different expectations, than a hardcore sim on PC with a wheel. Of course, using a gamepad you are well advised to ease the controls, tune the axis sensitivity carefully to your liking, and switch damage off in this game. After all, a console racer driven with gamepad almost always remains to be an arcade racer.

On PC, I still think its not worth it, but on PS4 I think its a pretty decent game. For much reduced price, worth the money. If my PC goes on strike all of a sudden, I have an emergency rescue for my Nordschleife needs on PS now.

Last racing games I did on consoles was on PS1. :)

7. Paul a.D.

Paul a.D. Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    I really regret purchasing this "sim" in the first place.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Paul a.D.

Paul a.D. Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Paul a.D.

Paul a.D. Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Project Cars VR * Formula A * Spa-Francorchamps * Oculus Rift

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Paul a.D.

Paul a.D. Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Paul a.D.

Paul a.D. Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
  13. Paul a.D.

Paul a.D. Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
  14. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    I won't comment on your spamming in this thread with your videos, without any context of the discussion, but it would be nice, if you still do so, you should post also who are the authors of the mods and where to get them, because it mostly looks like ripped content from other games to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Looked like most of them are taken from AC. I just add him to ignore list as no point getting notification from these almost daily spam.

16. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    I just found this, let me explain ;-)

I've simply subscribed to PRC (as several other sources like google alerts) and get a nice email with my phone beeping everytime something is posted there. It makes sense to keep an eye and get the chance to answer in case something is said there that is factually incorrect.

There's no conspiracy.

But then again if there was, I'd be saying the same. :)

#tinfoilhatson

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Paul a.D.

Paul a.D. Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Machine Dojo Modding Team has released a new addon car for Project cars

The 2016 Pagani Zonda LM-R Ragno ( Spider )

more infor and link is in the video description

• Like Like x 1
  18. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    These guys are awesome. Not really the car I wanted to see first (they are working on several need to haves) but hey, it's their choice and since the cars are free and VERY HIGH quality, I'm not complaining at all.
    I have their Audi R8 LMS installed too and I can't thank them enough for their efforts.
    Not about the quality of the replay (still some work there), but pCars is without a doubt the best looking and most immersive of all sims. Just take a close look at the details, it looks like live broadcast IRL.
    R3E comes close, but AC is miles behind.
    When pCars2 shows up (with all the promised features and proper triple screen support), it will be lonely at the top, both on console and PC.

19. WuWu

WuWu Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Immersive-wise, yes, Pcars can provide things no other sims can at the moment, room for improvement on a ton of things, sure, but it has that. Early morning thunderstorm and in the zakspeed on the nordschleife is great fun.

But tastes vary I guess, like ISRTV calling Assetto Corsa the best looking game on consoles. To me both on Xbox and PC Assetto looks like the nuclear holocaust happened, and one man and his car survived, everything else is dead.

But I guess it does the trick for some.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    i think it be easier to understand ISRTV if they were made to wear there sponsors logos ; like nascar drivers .... i think it would clear the water a lot .... but thats my personal opinion ...

Andi

• Funny Funny x 3