1960's F1 cars interest check

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mmaruda, Aug 27, 2016.

1. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Git!

2. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Ehh.

I'm a huge nerd for aerodynamics and new technology. V6 turbo's with crazy aero is more my stuff.

I'd happily purchase it tho, and throw some dosh at Sector3!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Check out the historic F1 (Formula Vintage) in Automobilista. IMHO the physics feel quite plausible/believable. For me it's the first time in a sim, where these old rolling cigars doesn't have the usual "boat" feeling. You can precisely place these cars on the track. No exaggerated swaying and wandering. In most other sims, i'm in the need to constantly correct my driving line, because of that overdone sponginess of vintage F1 cars. At least that's how i think about it.:rolleyes::)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Will check it out for sure. I agree with your way of thinking too, these were still race cars after all and the pinnacle of technology at the time.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    I'd be more interested in 1960s GT cars in Raceroom, I have AMS for open wheelers...

• Like Like x 1
  6. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    You know that these were mostly spoiled,narcistic & arrogant bastards from High Society, do you ?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    I love the drive of the old F1 cars using stick shifting double clutching and heal-toe shifting, they're the ultimate chanlange of driving skills. I try to drive them regularly in the games that have them, but so far no game ever realy got it totaly right but it is still so fun driving. So if they where in R3E I am shore it sould be a epic driving experience.. I for one would love to see them in R3E I would be using them a lot :D But then it would be nice to have some historical race tracks too, like the old Hockenheim, SPA, Monza, Monaco... but either way driving em on a modern track would be a awesome experience and great fun IMO. :D

8. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I hope this monster will be our FR Classic / Vintage Cup car!

It's very well known :)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    I like those cars, they're really fun to drive. Also, less fragile than modern F1. I remember hours of F1 1969 in GTR2. But I have to be honest - till certain set of features is in R3E, I won't buy them or anything else.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jack Mitchell

Jack Mitchell Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Licenses would be expensive making it pointless for S3 to spend time on it. and even if they made a load of 'close fakes' like Automobilista does, we can't add custom skins to cover it up, so it won't be that good. And while those cars are fun for a few laps, online races are a mess in sims with cars like that.

11. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Online races is always a mess with bad drivers isn't it?... a good driver adapt to the car he have, not the other way around ;)
    IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2016