Removed from beta....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DriftMachine, Sep 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DriftMachine

DriftMachine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    Because I dont like a post a low end beta tester posted I get removed wtf!!!!!!!!! He has less hours in the mode than I do.

Goodwin should be removed as well for trolling. Yea I am upset. I got content to upload. Thanks a lot, ruined my day.

PS: And I still had enough VRP to buy up the remaining content and still have plenty of it left over. OH and I was still in a beta session. I had just alt tabbed to submit a report about the store glitching. And found out I can't.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  2. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Your post speaks volumes mate.

Deal with it!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  3. DriftMachine

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    Whatever dude. I am more offended by the removal than anything. Overall I still played the public version much more than the beta. It's not really a loss, but rather an insult.

Anyways I seem to attract unfriendly post like yours. This is still the best game out there, but I am not feeling that fuzzy feeling of being welcomed. It seems the gaming community in general is just filled with unfriendly people like you. The quote "Deal with it!" is an extremely nasty statement. I am certain it was intended as such.

Nearly every suggestion I come up with end up in more downvotes than up. I am pretty sure I have more invested into this game both hours and money than 99% of the community. Its kind of ironic I am one the people who invest the most yet I am certain I am the most HATED.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. SumNoob

SumNoob New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    The internet is filled with unfriendly people. It has to do with anonymity. People show the worst of themselves when they think they are anonymous. Sorry you feel hated. Any new stuff to look forward to?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    EDIT: There's no need for this kind of language. Please keep things civil.

MY edit - You could of just hashed out the expletives Hannes!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    You were not removed because of your post in the internal forum section, and you were not singled out. We removed several testers due to a lack of apparent activity in our bug tracker.

That really wouldn't have changed the tone of your post, would it?
    A tester got booted and is upset. Being antagonizing isn't going to "solve" that, so let's not OK?

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Opinions, i think the tone of the first post and his subsequent reply had already set out the tone of the thread and my answer altho a little harsh was to the point and honest even if the terminology a little strong!
    either, either, moving on!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. DriftMachine

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    Capture.JPG Capture.JPG Capture2.JPG

Been super busy with work. As you can see I have not played much games period. 5 hours in 2 weeks all games combined.

Work is just now slowing down, and banned. Its messed up I was kicked while playing and that really upset me. I assumed it was for my mention of the policing comment. I feel that person is responsible for me being kicked. Had he never made that thread, things would have been as they have been for a while. I am pretty sure I have more hours logged than most.

You can also see I have 904 hours in the main game and 120 in the beta.

9. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    While understandable, to carry out such internal stuff in public is generally not a recommended nor respectful policy DM - might been wiser to deal with it via privat conversations - if you draw things into a bad light (specially when feeling insulted) you should not wonder when the shadow is cast back at you.

Nobody (here at the forums) knows were you are coming from and what is going on with that internal stuff m8 (or even might be interested)....just sayin while observing...just had a similar controversy within my own community - mostly toxic for all involved....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. G.Deurwaerder

G.Deurwaerder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    I also have a job, does not mean you'd do more time than another, I just love the game

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Well, in over 20yrs of internet usage i have never once hit the ignore button, guess theres a first for everything.

me me me, i have i have i have, i can i can i can and to top it all off everybody hates me!
    Apart from Hannes, your the only person that cares!
    Sorry Hannes!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Hm, I'm not sure... but did you read what Hannes wrote?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. gongo

gongo Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    @DriftMachine while it's an unfortunate situation, try not to take it so personally. I remember a couple months ago when someone hit dislike on a post of yours and you took it really hard... it's just the internet, it's just a game. Take it easy, okay? I've beta tested a ton of games going back to 1997, it's going to be ok. All of that being said, part of being an internal tester is learning to work things out in a professional manner. Posting out in the public like this about it isn't usually the best way to do things. Maybe a private message between you and the QA person in charge of the beta testers can fix things up here.

Time to take Taylor Swift's advice and just shake it off. :D Learn to take the good with the bad, most things don't really have anything to do with your value as a person or commitment to the team or anything like that. Staffing decisions are made and things happen, and that's all there is to it. I've been pretty involved with Automobilista lately and you would be surprised how some people are negative and rude even when I'm trying to help them. Thankfully, most people are civil most of the time. :)

@Not Lifting Off I get what you're saying, and I realized a while back that sometimes it's better if I don't write everything that I think when I read certain posts. DriftMachine strikes me as being fairly young, which might explain why he's taking it so hard. I guess I probably wasn't too different from him when I was in my late teens, but now that I'm in my 30s, I'm starting to understand the virtues of being a grumpy old man as well! :)

Probably best not to keep stirring the pot here, so I'll get while the going is good!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Hi DriftMachine,

As Hannes mentioned, we do a sweep every now and then and remove inactive betatesters. The process is quite simple and it's just checking for basic things expected of a closed betatester which is visible participation and reports. When we do recruit betatesters we do emphasize that we expect participation.

It is simply due to lack of activity such as not being logged into our Bugtracking system since March and not having reported a bug that you were unfortunately one of the ones removed. Though you may disagree, having played the game for x hours is not enough indication of active participation in testing as it only proves that one is "playing" the game.

14 inactive betatesters were removed this time. None of them were based on any grudge or a comment they may have made in a forum thread. I sincerely hope you don't take the removal personal and if you do enjoy the game I hope you continue to do so in the regular Live version.

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread as I don't think any fruitful discussion will take place here and the General Discussion forum is not really the place for this topic.

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.