Show your Cockpit

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Georg Ortner, Jan 23, 2015.

1. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Blackwood can be found in the Schwarztbierbude forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Well spotted.Thanks.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  3. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Changing my rig again, this time to the SIM-LAB P1

http://sim-lab.eu/product/p1-chassis/

I was expecting a very sturdy chassis, but it even surpassed my expectations.
    :):)

(Edit: since DropBox "dropped out", pictures are lost here)...:(

• Like Like x 12
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  4. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    In the meanwhile, one more package arrived, but the one with all the brackets is still missing (as it seems there was a little misunderstanding at the factory and they prepared a wrong package). SIM-LAB apologized and the right one is supposed to arrive tomorrow...
    This is how far I got for now:

[​IMG]

Filled the waiting time by making some brackets for the Heusinkveld Pro Pedals USB controller (because it needs to move from the underside of the base plate, to the underside of the baseplate support) and a mouse tray (I was lucky to still have some 3mm aluminium plate lying around) ;) (and there are a lot of spare parts included too).
    That is a really great thing about the 80/20 rigs, you can easily expand and adjust almost infinitely.
    Another great thing is the stiffness. My "old" Simetik K2 chassis, which was really sturdy and heavy and built like a tank, can't match the aluminium profiles. Like it is on the picture above, I pushed (with much force) the main profiles trying to disrupt the corner angles: no movement (and the seat supports are not even tightened yet).

5. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Yeey ! The rest arrived.
    I can start finishing the chassis now.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    Updated rig....BenQ XR3501, SMZ1 wheel, eVGA GTX 1070....and Rufus the kitty!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  7. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Nice, especially Rufus :)

Quick question: you have the Fanatec CSS (probably in H-pattern) and another SQ shifter.
    I was thinking to do that myself, but do you have to reassign the in-game controls each time when switching ?
    I mean, when using the paddles on my Fanatec CSW wheel, I can also use the Fanatec shifter in SQ position because I mapped them that way in Fanatec control panel. But with, lets say a Heusinkveld SQ shifter, that would not be possible ... ?
    Or am I missing something ?

8. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    Rufus says hello!......
    Yes, the Fanatec is an H-shifter and the DSD is sequential. Yes, I have to reassign the Sequential to Shift Up/Dn. It's not too bad, just takes a little time. I suppose with different manufacturers of gear it's not possible to have cake and eat it too.
    I like your chassis, good luck and enjoy the finished project!

9. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    in raceroom just have a few profiles, exactly the same just with the shifter change , then name them ....
    1 click away

Andi

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Almost finished now. Still need to add some of the cover caps on the ends, but then I will need to remove them if I want to change or adjust something. So I will wait until I'm totally satisfied.

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  11. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Looks awesome. Sturdy yet kinda compact. Kudos.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, I was aiming for sturdy & compact. It is now much easier to reach the pedals, cables and other stuff that needs attention once in a while. The cockpit is rather wide too. Now I am never even close to hitting something with my knees... :)
    Enough space to move the pedal set too. I still have 15 cm on each side of the baseplate of the pedals. Thinking about making a foot rest for the left foot...:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sascha Reynders

Sascha Reynders Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    Wow :eek: very nice !

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mtze_h3h3

Mtze_h3h3 Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Looks like a nice sleeping place for mr. bigglesworth... ah i mean rufus.

I'm totally not jealous :grimacing:

15. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Can't beat having your two favorite things close together, a nice rig and a pussy..;)
    Looking good man, would love to know how your finding the HE pedals, now you have had them awhile??

• Like Like x 2
  16. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Comparing with my previous Fanatec V3's is a bit difficult, since the HE are more than double the price.
    For starters, there are no pots, only load cells on all three pedals, which is a HUGE improvement.
    The V3 pedal at strongest setting is nowhere near the 55 kg (adjustable) of the HE"s. I still have them in standard config (all the white bumpers, no spacers) and calibrated them to 45 kg. At 55 my old rig (pedal plate) started to bend a little bit under hard braking.
    I so like the brake. It made me faster (I gained between 0,4 to 1,3" over all my personal best laps, even without being used to the pedals, laps that were there for months without me being able to improve).
    The gas/throttle feels real, I adjusted it to a little less travel than max and calibrated a small dead zone. The load cell registers even the faintest contact, just putting your finger on the pedal results in immediate result.
    The clutch is much, much better and I can now really feel the biting point.
    All three pedals feel so much more real and make it easier to drive.

The hardware in general (bolts and nuts and used materials are of a much higher quality) and it is much easier and safer to adjust and readjust to your likings.
    Again, these are more than twice the price of the V3's, which seem to me the best in that price range. But the HE are another level...

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Peter Lee

Peter Lee New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  18. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Yours ?

19. Peter Lee

Peter Lee New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  20. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    @Peter Lee
    I think you are posting in the wrong thread here.
    It is all about your OWN COCKPIT... right ?

• Agree Agree x 2