Triple-Screen Support & Collision Model

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MadDoc, Oct 30, 2016.

1. MadDoc

MadDoc Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

any news regarding these critical (missing) features of R3E? Especially the missing triple screen configuration capability is very frustrating with many cockpits...

Thanks for information or a dev. roadmap.

Kind regards...

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. MadDoc

MadDoc Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Wow...great feedback - R3E do your homework!!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

this one looks quite good ; but i never know if things are strong enough

Andi

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. MadDoc

MadDoc Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Hardware-support != Software-support ;)

AND this mounting does not support triple 40 inch setups...

5. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    TRAK RACER do a triple 42" monitor support, very strong, weighs a ton, just so happens I have a brand new one here if you're in the market! ;)

6. MadDoc

MadDoc Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    plz...BTT ... full software support for the sim-plattform is essential...

7. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    we have to remember that S3e build the game and the features within for Raceroom, i asume the VR announcement has tied into a need from the raceroom events or cafe's :i can see its use in events , on weight etc not having to carry 20 odd screens and there supports makes logistics easier.....
    i understand the frustration of not having it as you would wish it to be ... but i think S3e are in between a rock and a raging mob of simracers who want everything yesterday and for free if possible
    if its any conciliation i have had a request in since early 2011 ; and still no lycra clad grid girls in 4k , it makes me weep

Andi

• Like Like x 1
  8. MadDoc

MadDoc Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Hi Andi,

I know your point of view. But regarding VR and Triple support, some facts have to be considered:

1. Triple support does not require a complete redesign of the game engine. Graphics engine and the developer APIs should allow an efficient implementation of these features

2. take a look at iRacing ... the VR support was presented very fast...without great announcements - a simple and easy to use game option. Works perfect.

IT IS POSSIBLE .. also with small development resources - BUT ONLY IF S3e wants it...

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    ok again you are correct but miss the point

IT IS POSSIBLE .. also with small development resources - BUT ONLY IF Raceroom /KW wants it...

Andi

• Like Like x 1
  10. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    It's something we regularly answer. It's of course something we want to do, we just need to be certain we've secured the time to get it done before we promise anything.

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. MrTay.

MrTay. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    For the record, i have no problems with triple screens in RR.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Also if you check out the immersion project that dude has done some amazing things in raceroom. I run triple 40" with minimal Issues

13. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Yes it runs but in an annoying stretched-on-3-screens-with-one-eyepoint way.
    The proper way is to have 3 render targets, adjustable fully in terms of angle, fov, bezel adjustment and all.
    So basically three separate and independent eyes you can point where you want to fit your setup.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Delving into the other part of the question for a short while....
    We just did NSUs@Salzburg in the RD Club race, and the combo will inevitably give you some door-knocking as you try to fit 12 NSUs into one chicane simultaneously. :D
    Which is all fine and groovy, since the collision-model works pretty well in MP. Both cars gets knocked off-balance to some extent.
    However, try that against the AI and you'll bounce of them like a 12 year old running into a NFL fullback, while they merrily putter along.
    So if the collision-model can work, why doesn't it do so against the AI?

• Like Like x 1
  15. MrTay.

MrTay. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    I do understand the luxury of proper 3-way support but from my seat position and using nose view it pretty much mimics what i see in real life driving. Because of Raceroom I made myself aware of what I see when I'm driving in real life. I'm not aware of the roof pillars or the bonnet, I'm focused on the road and the vanishing point beyond. A quick glance down to the odometer occasionally but until i actually make an effort to 'look' I'm not aware of that either. When I have a third party odometer running alongside RR on a tablet I put it directly infront of the screen as it's more realistic for me to take a quick glance down to it from the vanishing point of the road.
    Anyway, I digress. the current availability works for me and i have nothing to complain about. :)

16. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    ^^
    This.
    I have no "problems" running the sim on three screens. The real issue is the stretched view on the side monitors (and the sometimes HUGE rear mirrors).
    I sincerely hope proper support will be coming soon...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Try driving cockpit view, you can get a 40" rear view mirror, (still can't make out what's behind) bit off putting to say the least when badgered from behind, can look as large as the car ahead, got to say it amazes me that no matter where you move the seat there are very few cars that you can get to see both mirrors, usually go for a bit of each which is bordering on useless, so the emersion killing rear view button does most of the work, I know race drivers tend to always look forward but thought they would have been designed so you can actually see the bloody things without sitting in the back seat!
    As I've stated before do hope triple screen support has not been dropped (if ever intended) in favour of VR rather than as well as, something like AC's achieved, have it on screen to set up all your cars on the fly then get shot of it, do like being able to set up whilst in car, tidy!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    I'm assuming because of the underlying AI physics. Like in GTR2 and RACE the AI have some levels of stability added to help them out but unlike those two, in R3E we can't tweak these settings and we're stuck with what we have.

19. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Aaah...
    Yep, that makes sense. :)

20. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    its not about stability , yep they are running technically a simpler car than you (my understanding) but they will always save things better than you can as they react faster and more precisely.
    But in all seriousness the work that is going on with the Ai at present is outstanding and im sure that it will make you guys smile again as i definitely am
    Andi

• Like Like x 2