next patch/update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IndEnt, Sep 1, 2016.

1. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    just quit your job.... ?

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    God gave us smartphones and bathrooms for a reason man!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tobi / Owner98

Tobi / Owner98 Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    #PatchTomorrow

• Like Like x 5
  4. Pastor_Chris

Pastor_Chris Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Still no flag system......sigh

5. G.Deurwaerder

G.Deurwaerder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    it is coming

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. TripleJay

TripleJay Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    all is coming ..... one day :D

oh and i only lost 1 face .... patch1 nov - patch2 dec ;)

7. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Might just be me, but I thought that stream was f*cking epic. :eek:
    I still haven't forgiven S3 for being silent for four months, but this goes a long way to patching that up.
    Better AI, better server-capabilities, testing of a flag-system, online ratings, new content......I mean, holy fecal matter!

I was watching with a few other guys from RD on TeamSpeak, and to quote Monty Python:
    "And there was much rejoicing".
    And near the end of the stream, when they casually announced "Oh yeah btw, we've got Indycars coming", I'm reasonably sure one or two of them might have wet themselves. :D
    Nicely done, guys. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Hopefully some of the wait will be worth it for you guys ;)

I know it's been a long time coming and a bit of uncertainty from some out there whether this delay was a bad omen of future development, but this should clear that up. There really is a lot to look forward to in the coming months, and of course tomorrow... and the devs really have been busting their ass to get things done, even amidst some wrenches that were thrown into the initial plans...

I will say too though, I think everyone will greatly appreciate where the AI is now, compared to the last handful of months. When they first went into testing I was highly impressed with their behavior and how they felt like an improved version even from last year before they had their brain chopped in half :p

One thing to look forward to and to notice... When you are on a straight, I have been noticing the AI truly try to draft off you to make a pass. This means, even if you alter your line and go to the other side of the track so the AI isnt directly behind you... They will follow you over there to maintain the draft. Really impressive stuff that makes you feel a lot more immersed. I think this was also mentioned briefly in the stream when the Audi TTRS VLN car was teased.

Of course, some classes against the AI are a bit better than others, but there is always work going on behind the scenes to improve it.

Cheers

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    It must be pretty hard to keep all these juicy bits to yourself when you know what's going on in the background. Delays are expected, really, with my years of experience in crowd funding. It just the problem with S3 for the last couple of months is it had been too quiet for comfort.

The AI isnt too bad by default. Sure it is a bit less reactive and it has a bit of a tendency to ram you from the back, I still say the AI is quite enjoyable to race with. It does look a lot better on stream to me. I do hope will get more tracks and more interesting racing series in the near future.