Released 15-11-2016 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    Agree, this will definately make casual racing against the AI more interesting! :)

2. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    What versions are these drivers? I've also experienced issues with some of the Nvidia driver releases.

3. Andreas Kokkelink

Andreas Kokkelink New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So a silly, the API must be backwards compatible. If I update SC 4 the other games do not work anymore

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. Andreas Kokkelink

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    And again 503:rage:

5. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I've seen many reports that the newest 375.86 drivers are mega broken. And those did just release yesterday, which is in alignment with the above users fps problem.

Im still on 373.06. Nvidia drivers have been a mess for a few months now. So, it may be necessary to fiddle with drivers if you have major fps issues.

I think you mean to say that Sim Commander 4 needs to be backwards compatible :p

6. Pullrod

Pullrod New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    The SC4 update came already some days before the new (R3E) patch.
    That was the reason why SimVibe and MotionSeat wasn't working for some days.
    Since the patch everything is working like charm.

What a your "other (not working) games"?
    In my case "Dirt Rally" and "pCARS" is working with the new SC4 update.

7. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Using the 375.86 drivers myself, did not notice anything wrong last night. Good to know if I do start noticing oddities though.

8. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Dirt Rally works!

9. ZakFein

ZakFein New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Copy questions from Steam and Race Departament:

How to play (quick create) championship now?

10. Pullrod

Pullrod New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    By the way ... It was a long long time of waiting ...:) ... but THANKS DEVS!
    Finally so many things I was waiting for are there now! Great job!

The only things I don't like at all is the fog effect and the (sorry) very ugly “Depth of Field” effect.
    Well ... I'm looking forward to the next patch.... ;)

11. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    The big update got me to return to R3E after quite a few months off, and so far it seems like a slew of decent goodies. The AI in particular are definitely a great improvement.

A couple of things:

1 - I've noticed that the main menus are often very unresponsive. The screen fades after a button is clicked, but often nothing will appear to happen for 10-30 seconds. Sometimes the menu becomes completely unresponsive and I have to Alt-F4 out. The problem seems to get worse the longer I play, especially if I'm swapping between cars and tracks. I suspect it might be related to the always online requirement, as often a period of total unresponsiveness is followed by a 530 error. Is a server being polled every single time I push a button?

2 - Ctrl-M does absolutely nothing in any replay camera mode. Is there a secret to getting this DOF menu up and running?

I'd forgotten just how audiovisually impressive R3E is and how much fun it is to race, even if it has rudimentary or incomplete implementations of a few systems, and even if the always online is punitive and flaky.

What I hadn't forgotten was how arcane the online store is and the latest iteration does improves absolutely nothing in that regard. The move away from offering discrete packs containing just the latest content is baffling and really does nothing to reward those like myself who've already paid for most of the content ($200+). I've found it extremely sluggish too, often becoming unresponsive for 30+ seconds after clicking a button, and with 530 error messages here and there to really drive the experience home. I'm the kind of person who likes to buy content I won't necessarily get a lot of use out of, to reward developers for implementing features, but I'm not sure I'm prepared to run the gauntlet of the store any longer. Apologists, feel free to tell me how I should just be buying the $65 premium pack, doing my homework, waiting for sales etc etc. All the things that I don't have to do for any of the other sims I own. Sorry for the rant in this paragraph but this aspect of R3E is pretty confronting after a few months on other titles that don't make me jump through hoops to support the developers by buying content.

• Like Like x 1
  12. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Menus for me are working fast as always, but they're mess. For example if you try to start Single Race, and want to choose car, the menu of race settings are still visible, and menu of car choosing are on top of it, with missing background images (only text and car renders).

13. Rui Paiva

Rui Paiva Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

Have you seen the premium pack price for you ? If you have bought 200 dl of content it must be cheap for you . . . I didn't have the all content and I paid only 10 eur for the premium pack .

• Like Like x 1
  14. Andreas Kokkelink

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    503, 503, 503 ....................................................................

• Agree Agree x 6
  15. coolcool

coolcool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +163 / 0 / -0
  16. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Menu system in even worse shape then it was last night it seems.

17. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    WTF! Am I invisible? There is NO DOF-position for mapping a key in "secondary functions" menu!

"Ctrl + M" DON'T work!

How we can adjust the DOF in the replays???

18. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    My biggest quarrel - a major and really big one - with Raceroom: always needing to be online. Cannnot play since update last evening - and I do not even wish to play multiplayer, but single player only. Terrible design flaw in the system from all beginning on. Sorry, Sector 3, Raceroom Entertainment - on this issue I am absolutely unforgiving. Online for single players does not make sense.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Eck Simpson

Eck Simpson Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Even through Steam, if I'm lucky enough to get into my R3E account, its unresponsive.. at best.

20. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Easy, we're looking into it as we speak. I am on your team btw, team no manual dof, for others it appears to be working. Just need to figure out why.

• Like Like x 1