School me in pit entrance please.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ElNino, Nov 19, 2016.

1. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    I suck at getting into the pit fast. What is the best way to do it? Can i go full speed into the pit lane and just turn on the pit limiter (do i hold the button down or just press it once?) and it will slow down automatically once i cross the line? I'm always trying to match my speed on the way in, surely losing tons of time.

I know this is basic but never took the time to get this right - advice appreciated.

2. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I do not touch pit limiter as when you cross the pit entry line ai takes over, so i would practice / know where pit entry line limit is and i usually just hit brakes till speed is right ? maybe someone has better way ?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Andy said it, its all down to practice!!!
    During practice or qualy you have to find the limit on braking to the line, same as braking for a corner try to find a marker if you can, making the line at the right speed is the same as making an apex at the right speed.
    When or if we get full control in the pits it will be even more important to get it right

• Like Like x 1
  4. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Guys thank you that makes sense....So basically just try to get to the line as fast as possible manually, while trying to also slow down to speed in time for the line?

And don't bother with pit limiter in the current state of game.

5. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    myself i brake as late and hard as i can , taking a visual marker, but hitting pitlimiter at the same time because eventualy we will have manual pitstops and the AI wont take over and engage the pit limiter

Andi

6. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Right, look out for reference points when breaking, cause if you're doing it right you actually slip at the correct speed into the limiter zone without any other effort - takes a while to practice but after it comes just naturally ....and fast :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm, I'm confused. I always engage the PL, as I often receive a speeding penalty when I don't.

I select the PL button as I begin braking hard, just before the pit entry line. Obviously, selecting the PL has no effect on slowing down the car, that's down to breaking. At this point, the car's speed is inevitably slower than is required, as it's very difficult to brake quickly and reduce the car to bang on the correct speed limit. As the PL is now active, I can floor the gas, which allows me to accelerate up to the maximum speed pit entry limit, without exceeding it, thus achieving maximum speed pit entry. This is all carried out in a flash, hence why it's often tricky to get it spot on.

With full pit rules selected, the AI does not take over as you cross the pit lane entry line, only when you enter the pits proper. True, the AI will slow the car down automatically, as it crosses the pit line, but you will be given a penalty (if penalties are selected in the game options), if your speed at that time, exceeded the pit speed rules.

Think this is correct, but I might be wrong.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  8. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Thanks again for all the great info. From here, the only thing to do is get practicing....

• Like Like x 2
  9. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Jeneric is right, although the AI does take control once in pit lane, if you are not slowed down enough at the line you will get a penalty.

• Like Like x 1