setup exploit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nStylezz, Nov 19, 2016.

1. nStylezz

nStylezz Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I noticed that even if the Setup on the server is fixed, you can just load your own setup and use that instead of the setup thats forced by the server.

2. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Can you explain more detail / example not sure what setups you are referring ?

3. nStylezz

nStylezz Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Here you go, the server doesn´t allow you to edit anything, but i can just load any setup.

wasnt the best example, because i dont have a single setup for the Aquila, but you can see the values changing anyway.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Hi there, thank you for the video. That will be very useful.

By chance, do you remember if the server you were on was an Amateur physics server, or a Get Real physics server?

5. nStylezz

nStylezz Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    this server was on amatuer

• Like Like x 1
  6. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Right on, thank you.

This may be an old bug that is sneaking it's way back into the game :p

7. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Exploits shouldn't be reported and detailed publicly, it only leads more people to use them. I think the better way is to report them via PM or official support e-mail, if something like it even exists.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    This is not an exploit. It's only superficial.
    Yes you can load a custom setup of the car you're using or any other but the changes you see in the menu don't get applied.

Easy test: Pick a car with changeable final drive, create a custom setup with the final drive set to minimum (all gears very short) and save it.
    Load the car in amateur, load the custom setup, drive. Notice how the gear ratios are still at default and not very short, even tho the setup menu says otherwise.

In general, greyed out settings will always use the default values, even if they get changed by loading a custom setup file.

If you did this and it made you faster: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Placebo ;)

Of course: http://support.raceroomracingexperience.com/

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  9. nStylezz

nStylezz Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I just randomly joined a server and i tried loading a setup, but didnt try racing, because i dont like amateur.