Suggestion: Put premium packs, pro packs, and starter packs on steam

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jiaoshouxu, Nov 16, 2016.

1. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Pricing is becoming tiresome a little bit.Browsing the new store I found that purchasing the DTM Experience would cost me 610 vrp(owning everything prior).But DTM 2016 standalone price was 654 vrp.Prices should be streamlined.Having 2-3 prices for the same content isn't helping the game.As for Steam put only the premium pack on it 65€,one time purchase.Every new content should be DLC with a fixed price from there.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Strange, different prices yesterday and today, just pro is stable
    beginner 140 vrp 179 vrp
    pro 484 vrp 484 vrp
    premium 433 vrp 490 vrp

3. TripleJay

TripleJay Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    now where you mention it. yesterday i thought i had seen 2200 vrp and today 2700.

is this like stocks, daily changes ? :rolleyes:

4. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Clearly not even the Raceroom store understands Racerooms pricing. :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Really disagree here. I've bought the items i've bought, often on sale, with the full understanding that this is the agreement i've made with the vendor at that point in time. We could all make the same argument when any game we own goes on sale for 75% off on steam. Prices and sales models change. If new stuff comes out, then it is sold at a price typically, and often at the same time given away free to lure new customers - in any business ..... "FREE tartar control toothpaste packet with turbo toothbrush purchase!!!" As someone vested in the game, i'm interested in seeing more players = better races = more $$$ for devs = cooler features and content for us. The last thing i want is to save a few bucks while the game goes offline for lack of users - which will happen if the game is marketed poorly.

So yeah, sale away - the content i own was all fairly purchased. If someone else gets it cheaper, then oh well...early adopters always pay more (and get it earlier).

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  6. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    My point is, why is the game's business model is so needlessly complicated? There are packs but not everything has a pack, like the single make cars where there were packs for them in the past. Then, there is a premium pack but you only can buy once for your account so you cant upgrade it with more content in the future. Not to forget that rather obscure vRP store that not as many people aware off. The Steam page for R3E is also quite misleading as not all content is available there while new content is randomly put on steam store for some weird reasons.

When I could go to steam and buy Automobilista or almost any other game with everything written clearly on the store page than having a separate currency store, hidden microtransactions for more content in the game and a rather pointless premium pack that you only can buy once in the account's lifetime.

I thought the premium pack would be a decent alternative for players to avoid the microtransaction model with repeatable options to top up in a certain amount at any time to own all the game's content without having to go through individual pieces of content. Even if it cost a bit more than what I am supposed to pay, I do not mind, as long as I do not have to deal with microtransactions. Instead, it was suggested that I should dump my current 7 years old steam account for a new account to rebuy the premium pack. What a great business model.

I want to buy the premium pack right now yet I cant in case future content such as Formula US, TT VLN or GT3s does not come in a pack. It is so difficult to get the best value out of the game, it is like S3 want to make it as difficult to obtain the best value by misleading people to spend more with a confusing business model.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  7. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    S3 don't steer the boat, or its business model.
    But they constantly try to influence it to get better, and they have come a long way improving it since I came along just over two years ago!
    And my guess is that it will keep improving.

For now, the best thing is that new players have both a starter pack, medium pack, and the possibility to buy all current released content for a resonoble price.
    Something that have been asked for, for a long time!
    And this is something that will favor us all in the long run.
    With a bigger playerbase comes better prices for us players, more room for improvement and hiring more employees that can speed up the improvement phase for S3, and maybe also a bigger chance of making exotic licenses in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I disagree, the business model is getting worse. Where are many of the old packs that we used to have? I had been waiting to buy the Tatuus F4 and the NSU pack which is gone now. I do not care who is controlling the business model if the business model is too inconvenient or obnoxious to bear, I won't spend any more money in the game. Not to mention, having the game always online had also been quite inconvenient for me on an unstable connection.

Also, what's the point of having the premium pack when you only could buy it once for an account? That is possibly the worst decision made for the game as it punishes long time players who just want to upgrade their account with some missing content. I am not even talking about the price, where it seemed like the price of the Premium pack on my account had increased quite substantially since I checked last week.

I am probably going to bring my money elsewhere until some improvements are made. I was prepared to top up my vRP for the Premium Pack as I have a few classes and liveries missing. After reading that the Premium Pack is non-upgradable in the future, I am not interested in spending more money for this game. I do not feel like I am getting the value out of this game, it feels like it wants to price gouge me with the removal of many old packs and the non-upgradable premium packs. As if it is not expensive compared to other games in the market.

R3E, a great racing game with amazing content but the business model is unbearably terrible. Perhaps you are a beta tester who does not feel the pinch and inconvenience in the rather obnoxious business model, I had been trying to tolerate and even rationalise it. After the store revamps with the removal of many old packs, I guess I had enough with it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  9. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Worst decision S3 could have made. No premium upgrade is bad and you guys already have a very small player base. It tops out at around 400/500 and for a game that is f2p and wants to go "iracing" this is way too little people playing. This decision is very anti-consumer and wont bring anyone from other sims. I was gonna get the starter pack but i guess that cant be upgraded too ... not sure now what to do now =/

Oh and this too .... wtf ?!?!??! pls fix your store.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. TripleJay

TripleJay Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    it did got better, in some way. prior the patch i had to pay 1200vrp to upgrade my Group5 Pack...now i only payed about 700. bought the gtr-x skin pack too and my remaining vrp are all gone now. Agree, the packs are bit useless if you can't upgrade them.

s3's turn to improve their game again -> new VRP (i don't really need any new content, though some cars wouldn't be uninteresting to have'em in my collection).

11. hotak

hotak New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I was just going to buy the premium pack... Then i've seen this thread.
    It really makes no sense to me that it can be bought only once, won't buy it unless they change that policy. Still have quite some vRP left ingame, don't even know what to do with them: I don't want to pick single cars when i could have the premium pack, but won't buy it now for the very few cars i'm interested in..

12. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    KTM release thread suggesting or rather showing via Don Rudi that the premium pack will re-appear for purchase when new content is added. Intended policy change or bug?

Edit: Nothing to see here, clarified as a bug with the store.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    So you can upgrade it i guess. Im a happy camper then :) also if you guys are gonna buy it, if you add the starter pack you save a wopping 3€ . abuse the bug XP

14. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't suggest using something that has been labeled as a bug myself, my account is way to precious to me.

15. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    My OCD wants it fixed. The thing is if you add a discouted item to the cart with these packs the price lowers.... Dynamic discounts my friends.

16. jiaoshouxu

jiaoshouxu Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Why not just leave that option for premium pack owner? Does it affect profit?

17. hotak

hotak New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Or at least offer something like a 50% discount on all future cars/tracks for premium buyers, right now I'm not going to buy it because i'm not really interested in GT3 cars and won't risk buying it now when in the future it'll probably contain cars i'm much more interested in, but I'd still buy it knowing it'd give me a discount on all future purchases (after all in most games having "premium" leads to some permanent advantage, here it puts you at a disadvantage since you'll pay new things more than anyone not having it)

18. Paradox Agi

Paradox Agi Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I think this users should be able to buy packs again if they are changed. But at first, the many packs currently more or less hidden (and broken with a 0vrp Price) in the store should be visible when clicking on 'packs' in the store. This would reduce confusion greatly.

In general I like the business model used in R3E. It is not and it was never (as long as I'm playing the game since 2014) more expensive than other games, but I could choose what to buy and when to buy. But, the concept is not communicated clearly, the store and the discount system are still very confusing, especially for new users. For example, I just bought the starter and the pro pack one after the other, because some of the contents I did not own where included in both of them. If I put both packs at once into the basket, the store does not recognize that and gives me a higher price than when buying one by one.

19. ohioracer

ohioracer New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    So, is there an official word on purchase/repurchase of premium packs? Bug, no bug? For only $32.00 us I can have it all, I think, still can't make heads or tails of the store sometimes. I tried to buy the 16 audi and I think I had to do it 24 times @ 29vrp's each time but wasn't sure so I didn't buy anything which only makes more sense to have one tier, called anything you want, made for anybody at anytime to purchase it based on what you already have, all new content is dumped into this new premium basket and tied to inventory and cart. Easy. I want to spend money and race, don't make it so hard. I would think lessons would have been learned from the dreaded 503 escapade last week. My number one priority would be...make sure people can get onto the site to race, priority #2, make sure people can spend money on the site. You guys need a hand sometime improving the game? let us know, we are all experts at your business.

20. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,508 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1