Problem Help with DTM Exp.14

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by HewitAMG, Nov 30, 2016.

1. HewitAMG

HewitAMG New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

I just downloaded DTM Exp.´14 (full version) from steam. And now I wanted to drive a bit but I can´t find the dlc. I went on to training and so on, and all the content which should be unlocked is still locked and I have to pay for it.

How to "play" the dlc ? (strange question,but I hope you understand my problem)

Thank you very much for your help.

2. Maestro

Maestro New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I had problem similar to yours, my 2013 DTM Experience pack was purchased but not available to play. What I did to be able to play was to uninstall and then install the game again, with that, when I opened the game was available to play it.

3. HewitAMG

HewitAMG New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thank you ! But How do ii uninstall it ? Its not shown at my Programmes where every other programm is (normal way to unistall programms) But in the steam Lib. it says that it is installed ?
    How to to do that,please help !?

4. R.C. Collins

R.C. Collins Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    There a few things you can do.

From Steam, find the game, right click, delete local content then Steam will re-acquire and update.

The other option, again from Steam, is right click on the game > properties > Local Files and verify integrity. This can also force an update.

I had a weird issue just yesterday where any car at Nordschleife would reboot the computer. I did an integrity check. Steam downloaded a zero byte file and the prob was gone.

5. HewitAMG

HewitAMG New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thank You so much ! :) It worked when I deleted the local content. Heres another question,it´s not about the topic but I just ask.
    When I buy the DTM Exp.´16 then the exp14 is also in this Pack ! Do I have to pay less then or do I get some money (vrps) back ? (when I buy it on the raceroom shop site) ?!

6. R.C. Collins

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    If you purchase the DTM 2016 pack, I'm quite sure you don't get the 2014 pack. Only the 2016

With the way the content works, which I'm not crazy about, you have purchase each pack.

The GT Masters pack is a good example. If one purchases the 2015 pack, the cars are pretty much the same as the GTR3 cars, at least visually, but you don't automatically get those. You'd still have purchase the GTR3 pack. This is where I find these micro-transactions to be BS. You end up buying essentially the same thing over and over.

Many are fed up with that. Others are getting there or eventually will get tired of it.

The other thing, to illustrate, Nov. 2015 Black Friday, I bought the 'Everything' pack. 100% content. Then over the year as they added new content, I obviously was no longer at 100%. So, when this year's sale came along, I bought the 'Everything' pack again. The store automatically looks at what you own vs. what's in a pack, calculates the difference and then you only pay the difference.

As for their 'vRP' currency, one really has to explore all options when purchasing.
    i.e. The packs I referred to above, when it came time to check out, I had some vRP left but not enough for the transaction. The balance was about $13.84 USD. To purchase enough vRP to complete the purchase was more than 1100 vRP but less than 1600. If I bought enough vRP to complete the transaction, the cost of 1100 vRP + 500 vRP was quite a bit more than the amount I needed and then I'd be left with some vRP. 2000 vRP is less than 1100 + 500 vRP and I'd have more left over but I didn't want to shell out that much at that moment. I also wouldn't really need the vRP, at least for now so checking out directly from the store was the better option at the moment. In some cases, buying the vRP is the more cost effective option. One has to crunch the numbers to see the best option for their scenario.

Hope that makes sense and or helps?

Last year, within a couple weeks of the Black Friday sale, after just purchasing everything, new content came out and I was being bled for more $$. It really gets to be horseshit after a while.

I had and drove the FR3 after purchasing on the weekend and now it's no longer showing at the store or in my content. What do you want to bet, that will be the next thing they release in a few weeks, along with the IndyCars they showed on Twitter but were nowhere to be found during the sale (misleading crap as far as I'm concerned), and everyone will be shelling out more cash again.

7. HewitAMG

HewitAMG New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I understand what you mean !
    I decided to buy some vrp and then I bought the skins from the DTM 2016 Pack. And now I realised that I just bought 1 skin (even it said there were 8) and now can buy the rest for 20vrp ?! What ? Ist that possible I thought now there were all available ?!

8. R.C. Collins

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Skins/Liveries are just that but NOT the cars.

If you purchased the DTM Experience at 3299vRP, that, according to the store, includes 2013-2016 cars and tracks. But then, you shouldn't need to purchase liveries.

As you are probably starting to notice, it can get silly, confusing and expensive really quick.

Another thing to be wary of is purchasing these items through Steam directly rather than the game.raceroom.com/store

The DTM 2014 Experience on Steam is about $15.00 USD for that alone whereas the DTM Experience I referred to above, purchased through the game.raceroom.com/store is about $28.00 USD and you are getting all 4 season's experiences, liveries and tracks for the series. A much better value.

9. Nestoche

Nestoche New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    What happened to the Experience Presentation on the DMT packs? I have all of them..just purchased DMT 2016 this past sale but I don't see where you can select the "Experience" for these DLC at the top of the screen. What is going on?...Did they remove it? I want my Experiecne packs!

10. R.C. Collins

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    The experience menus definitely seem to be missing for me as well but you can select the series from the car selection and select a championship and it will do that.

You just won't have the DTM or ADAC skin on the menu.

It could have something to do with all the broken server issues on the weekend that has carried over into this week and generated a week of silence apparently. Since the game also has to 'Auth' to servers, that could be the issue.

Or, they are just gone. Someone who knows will likely speak up sooner or later.

11. Nestoche

Nestoche New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi R.C.

I was just getting back to my racing fix and just wanted to try out some DTM Experience 2016. I'm just finding out now all the issues they are having.

Yes, I hope they can bring back the Experience DLC the way it should be. I see we can change the the rules from the option menu but the purpose of having the Experience Expansions is so we didn't have to do all that. I hope this gets resolve and hope they didn't take them out.

Thanks for the info R.C!

12. R.C. Collins

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Np.