Closed, view the result POLL: DTM 93 or DTM 2017?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tuborg, Dec 10, 2016.

?

If you had to choose, what would you choose?

Poll closed Dec 14, 2016.
  1. DTM 2017

11.5%
  2. DTM 93

88.5%
  1. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    And how about late 90's cars ? Touring DTM v8sc any of those would be cool. Havent seen those in a while. Mabie its just me but i love the cars from the late 90s
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. PLM_Docteur

PLM_Docteur Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    It is not very coherent or useful. The STW would be great though :)

3. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. YANNLEBLANC

YANNLEBLANC Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    :D
    Great post, voted DTM93!
    I hope sector3 will hear us!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +456 / 0 / -0
    *up*
    logo-1.png

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I voted anything other than DTM, time to spread your wings S3, DTM17 will be coming whatever we vote (no complaint from me, I likee) but with what Britain, the Americas and Australasia has to offer, I feel it's time S3 dipped their toes into a more diverse pond in the future. With RR requesting VR for their Asian market why not go the full Hogg and give them an Asian track pack with a couple local series! Could certainly do with some new tarmac to learn, no doubt Silverstone will be wonderful but fancy it's been done before! :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Mass is not always quality.

As i mentioned before, Racing sims in the early days dont have everything inside. there was a sim für Nascars, Indys, F1, GTR. And ever single sim was specialiced on what they delivered.

Nowadays one single sime has to fit for everyones choise. I think: take a class, make a game and make it good.

Eierlegende Wollmilchsäue (jack of all trades) are hard to find.

And: Tracks are (for me) more importand than cars. I catch myself often, that i dont know which track i should drive in my GT3 because i am tired of the avaible ones. Sebring, LeMans, etc etc would be a big help.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Class 1 is still my favorite touring reg of all time,so DTM 93 in a heartbeat.Though,I would prefer 95..

9. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    BTCC (of that 90s period) :D....

Modern DTM is one of my favorites (also leaguewise) and I own all three seasons, but as many of you have heared there 's something going on with DTM and WTCC (TC1 discussion) as well. Actually DTM should have merged with GT Supercars and IMSA this season already - it may come 2018.Next season DTM is also reduced to 18 cars and there are some voices asking about the future of the current DTM Format in general...if there will be one...Due to that I'll see what 2017 will bring to make a decision if to buy them or not.....
    Old DTM I still drive very rarely but I like them for funraces tho my absolute favorite would be to have that classic Supertourers preferably from the BTCC - with all common tracks like Donington, Snetterton, Oulton Park etc...;).....
    Except for getting some new cars from the 93 season I have just little interest for another Classic DTM release...

10. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Super GT it is then !! No onde has done it yet i think .... And the cars are awesome

Edit OMG I JUST REMEMBERED SUPER GT CARS ARE BASED ON THE SAME RULES AS DTM (this year) !!!! CMON S3 !!!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I think I would prefer the 1994 season. Look at the car lineups......
    But the point is moot....I doubt we ever see Alfa Romeo, Ferrari, Lamborghini in R3E.

1993: 190E/Calibra/Omega/Alfa/E30/Mustang
    1994: 190E/C Class/Calibra/Alfa/E30/E36/Mustang
    1995: C class/Calibra/Alfa

12. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +456 / 0 / -0
    I own 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Do i need more?

1993 was just an example, 1994 would be excellent :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Right it's four seasons already, forgot....(own them all)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Azfalt Raser

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    There might be a reason why no one has done Super GT? Mainly SONY & Forza.
    But wouldn't it be great if we had the cars in our inventory so we could do a....
    Super GT vs DTM vs Cadillac ATSVR coupe

I read somewhere that Cadillac was supposed to join in the world DTM spec style series composing of of super GT/DTM/and a Cadillac car.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  15. Azfalt Raser

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    The great thing about R3E is the vast number of cars and varying classes. 113 different cars?
    Its getting harder and harder to drive all the cars I want to drive and be somewhat proficient :D
    Did I really need the 5 other sims?

If only we had some more cool tracks. I tend to gravitate to the F1 circuits.

16. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +456 / 0 / -0
    They do.

I knew I was not alone, but these numbers are impressive, and I think the result speaks for itself.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  17. Squanchy

Squanchy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    What is the fascination with classic race cars for people? Classic cars seems to be very popular with users of pcars, raceroom, etc. I know there was a certain romanticism once to racing before it became a more clinical affair, but given that a lot of people weren't even around at the time these cars actually raced, it's surprising to me.

18. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +456 / 0 / -0
    Let Me guess

Most of us are not teenagers and many of us has some kind of relation to these older cars. We have seen them, heard them, drove them and maybe owned them.

And now we want to drive the racing edition of these cars :D

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/the-age-of-a-sim-racer.342/

Another thing with older cars is that they look different, sound different and behave different from each other.

And of course..
    If it had been the other way around, that we had the DTM 92, 94, 95, 96 and only DTM 2013 I think we would have voted for 2017.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    Is it a matter of new or classic in this case?
    DTM 92 cars you can drive in the most aggressive way. Pushing revs to the limiter, bashing over curbs or taking corners with speed felt as much to high.
    No other series in RR gives this intense experience to me.
    Though I underline the points of Johnny.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  20. YANNLEBLANC

YANNLEBLANC Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I recently bought some packs for Assetto Corsa and tried the Alpha 155 and I like it!
    I think sector3 can do a better job on it, finger in the nose!:D Especially for the sound!
    Come on guys! ;)

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017