T500RS + Fanatec Clubsport V2

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jimmy Cliff, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Jimmy Cliff

Jimmy Cliff New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys,

as i'm looking for a decent hardware to race with, i'm considering to go for a T500RS base + Fanatec Clubsport V2 combo. But im not quite sure if this combo will work just fine with Raceroom.

So to make sure im not wasting my money on a bad working system here...
    You guys have experience with this particular hardware combination?
    Actualy there shouldn't be any problems runing this setup, right?!

thank you guys :)

with best regards,

Jake

2. Marc Copa

Marc Copa Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    i have this combination, all is ok, i have no problems to drive in RRE
    i drive with standard settings, amazing FFB

Take it!

3. Jimmy Cliff

Jimmy Cliff New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    great, that's what i wanted to hear!
    thanks for the fast answer :)

4. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    I have a t500 and csr elite pedals and all works sweet.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  5. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I had the T500 and prefer the TX (sold my T500). T500 was not as precise or refined as the TX. Might want to consider a TX or T300 base instead of T500.

6. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    I use the T500 with G27 pedals.

Never use my TX because I like the T500 strength and ffb more.

7. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    I used a T500 for a week immediately followed by a CSR Elite wheel, really liked the T500 but disliked the fixed paddles with a passion, FFB was really nice compared the older wheels i had used before it, then got a CSR Elite and have used that since, just a nicer feel for me, similar strength to the t500 but something about it, for me personally feels much nicer.
    As for peddles i use old fanatec elites, plenty good enough, have a good brake feel, i never use the clutch so swapped the springs on the clutch and throttle which gives a nice feel to the throttle having a stronger spring on it.

Opinions, no, no issue using that setup, just remember the fixed paddles can be a ballache for some folks, gear changes as your taking a corner can be an issue (for me anyway) affecting the way you take the corner and causing mistakes.
    As for peddles you cant really go wrong with any load cell based peddle set, peddles are a no brainer and thats a decent set your going for by all accounts.

Me after using a t500 and csr elite would be the elite all day long if only for the paddles attached to the wheel and not the base, FFb on both sets was very good, but would say the Elite edges it overall.
    Good luck.

8. Jimmy Cliff

Jimmy Cliff New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I had the T500 for like two and a half years. Sure, the fixed shifters were a pain in the beginning but i got used to it pretty fast. The FFB-strength is what i like the most with the wheel. Combined with a good price it fits my needs in the best way :).
    I'm so excited about the Clubsport V2 pedals, can't wait to experience how driving with loadcell brakes is.

thank you guys for your shared thoughts on that!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Kind of a pointless question then really, you know the wheel is good and works fine in RR, easy to see around the forums that the pedals are good and also work well in RR.

Yes loadcell makes a huge difference.

10. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    ^^ This.
    My Heusinkveld Pro pedals feature load cells on the three pedals...awesome feel...

11. Jimmy Cliff

Jimmy Cliff New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    wouldn't say pointless... how could i know wheel and pedals work as stand alone too...

• Agree Agree x 1