Yet another horrible purchasing experience

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chris Wright, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Chris Wright

Chris Wright Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Why do I always feel as if I've been had whenever I make a RR purchase these days? Just bought the F3 and the VLN cars to keep my 100% DLC content and then I find I only own one livery for each car. I'm sure it never used to be like that? So confusing and, quite frankly, I just wish you'd provide an overall price rather than just for one car. How I hate your business model.

Other than that Merry Christmas.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
  2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    There are no packs for individual cars right now, you can only buy single liveries.

3. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Might have an option to buy all liveries in the future...

4. Chris Wright

Chris Wright Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Well that is a change from the past and frankly it's dishonest not to make that clearer at the point of purchase. When it said choose a livery I assumed that was to make my first choice in game or something. Then I go in game and I have one solitary livery choice.

For those of us who have supported this title over the years and are used to making our purchases in a certain way that is a change that's been made without adequate fanfare in the store.

I only usually get a decent amount of time to race at holiday times and don't scour the forums to read about all the latest purchasing nuances. Emphatically the one livery purchase is not made crystal clear enough at point of purchase.

In my own case I feel duped. I thought I was buying the cars with their entire livery sets for 349vrp each. I feel that is quite a justifiable assumption too, especially based on significant purchasing history. I'm angry about that, very angry.

There's no longer the Premium Pack option to buy all the DLC that's outstanding. I liked that, brief though its tenure was.

Sector 3 this is just not good enough. I'm seriously considering my position with regard to further DLC purchases. The lack of transparency with the longstanding Toytown currency and now this is really not acceptable at all.

I could of course just go through the unbelievably tedious current process of purchasing all the liveries, but I feel totally deceived that I wasn't getting them for two car payments of 349vrp. I'm not in the mood to give Sector 3 another penny.

Better still, why not stop this ridiculous practice of charging extra for liveries. I'm happy to pay for everything at once. It's ludicrous there's no longer a way to do that with a one click solution. What a joke, except that it's rather unfunny and is most likely to annoy your most loyal customers, self included.

Bad show.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    No sorry - the Option to buy a car with all liveries was never available before and so there was no change from the past.
    It was always like that - you've bought a car with one livery for 349 or 299vrp. Going even more back in history you weren't even able to select the livery for the car that you want to buy. You could only buy a "base Model" and buy additional liveries.

But then they started to introduce Packs for each class in which you can buy all cars and all liveries of a class at once. That isn't existing at to moment after restructuring the Store, but it will come back in a restructured way as I read from a Dev.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    You could just do what i do and race in rF2 or AMS . They even gave Christmas gifts to all . Did Sector 3 give anything? i haven't seen anything . There is plenty of choice there and quite frankly i don't miss R3E . Havent clicked play in weeks if not months . In fact this is the first time in heaps i've had a look at the forum .

Ive got my armour on and im ready to defend myself ;)

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. DirtyriceTX

DirtyriceTX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    ^^ Get a life lol. Sector 3 doesn't owe you anything. It's the holidays, go hug your family.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  8. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    I have one . Didnt say they did . It always is for Me . I will .
    Thanks .

9. Chris Wright

Chris Wright Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My only comment there is that it's a very complex business model with all sorts of nuances with these packs. The distinction gets blurred unless you're really concentrating and, to me at least, that's not as it should be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Just a minor correction on this point.

This does still exist. You still can buy the entire GTR3 class pack, or the entire GTO class pack, or...

It is a bit confusing in the store right now, but to do that, simply click on any of the cars that belong to the pack you want, and when you are viewing that car in the store, there should be a big giant header that says what class it belongs to, which you can click. Once clicked, it should take you to the class pack, allowing you to buy everything it contains.

Or you can filter the car list by class right from the get go, and there should also be a header that you can click on which will take you to the pack with everything in it. As seen here:

R3E store filter.JPG

In summary, all the packs that previously existed that included all the content for a certain class still exist. They are just a bit trickier to find now since the store doesnt list all the packs in 1 place. :(

Edit: I am mistaken with my final statement. The packs DO exist all in one place. Seen here: http://game.raceroom.com/store/packs/

Guess the devs recently updated this, as this didnt exist ~4 weeks ago when i last checked.

11. Chris Wright

Chris Wright Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the tip but it's utterly ridiculous that this is so complicated.

EDIT: I took a look at those links and sorry but it doesn't solve the issue. You can't buy, for example a complete set of F3's or Audi VLN's with one click, which is my basic beef. Sector 3 is it so difficult?

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  12. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    blame RaceRoom not sector 3 for business /pricing model ...

Andi

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Chris Wright

Chris Wright Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    There you go, even more confusion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Yepp, thats right, but unfortunately there is nothing existing for single-cup-classes like, KTM, Audi TT Cup or TT RS and FR3... In the Classes-Menu you directly reaches the Car and don't have the opportunity to select the Class-Content. In the Packs-Menu there is no Pack available for a single-make-cup, too
    And to be honest - the Link to the Packs should be placed in the Header-List aside of Cars and Tracks.

So at that Point @Chris Wright is definitely right, when he says that something like this is missing at the moment, but Sonat wrote somewhere that such a feature will follow soon.

15. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Ahh, thought you were speaking more generally, hence my comment. You are right that the single car 'cup' classes dont have a pack for you to buy the car + all liveries.

Completely agreed here. It should definitely be more obvious that all those packs still exist. This feedback has already been passed to the devs though ;) We beta-testers arent always boozed out loons :D

Not really to be honest.

Par for the course in the entertainment industry. Games studios are very rarely in charge of every decision for their game unless they are completely independent. Whenever you have a publisher, they will always be the ones making at least some of the calls... usually business decision calls.

In the music industry, the bands making music dont call the shots, the record label execs do. In the movie industry, the director and cast dont call the shots, the big studios like Paramount Pictures does. In gaming, studios may make the games, but the pubs call the shots.

No different here. And for its faults, I doubt the game would be where it is now without its publisher. Since they are the ones funding the game... ;)

16. silvanob2

silvanob2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Christmas gifts to all ? Where did you see that?

17. ...bez

...bez New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Nissan GT500 in rf2 and a new fictional car in the 1.2 release of AMS

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Do you own rF2 or AMS?

19. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    This.

20. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Guess you missed the FR3 that released last week.

I suppose I should get in touch with the devs and tell them that in the future, they should delay content only to release it on holiday to make it look like they are giving everyone a present :p

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1