Recommend me a good GT3 car please

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Squanchy, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Caledonian Wolf

Caledonian Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    If you start with the premise that a GT3 car is going to be anything like a DTM car, especially the newer DTM cars, then you are going to be disappointed.

Choosing the fastest car is easy. Go to the leaderboards and see what goes round Spa the fastest.

I'll give you a clue to get you going. It ain't the McLaren

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
  2. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    I vote for the Z4 now.

• Like Like x 1
  3. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I agree, best all rounder but woefully slow, Beemer Alpina or Z4 are both compliant to being thrown around a bit, Bentley's a hoot, Nissans a beast but sweet if you can tame it the Americans are loud, fat and very noncompliant, Vette's the best handler outta the three Amigo's, RUF's easy to drive fast but bites if you push that bit too far, Mclaren took me a while to set up but once dialed in is very nice, don't seem to do the Merc, likewise the Ford, no idea why, maybe new years resolution to give them a decent try out and finally the Audi, did really want to like it but just feels a little tame and well behaved, expected a little more, maybe the new one will rekindle the love.
    It's all down to setting them up, can make a boat capable with a tweak here and there, also bloody amazes me how the brain can adapt to a lot of handling misgivings with a bit of training, plethora of setup guides on the old interweb, recommend spending just a modecom of time exploring the dark art of car physics, really not that difficult to understand how to cure oversteer or straight line instability, something quite satisfying about taming a wild dog, I digress, pick the shape and colour you like, then tame, if I'm finding I'm way off on time on a certain track in a certain car the leaderboard challenge is your friend, sometimes just learning to take one bend quicker than before can trim your time considerably, jeez, I've rambled right into Christmas day :rolleyes: Merry Christmas to one and all, may you all lose at least a second next year!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Please stick to the original topic, no need to be picking on Muricans even if true ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    am i the only one who likes the ruf =(

6. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    no no, I like the ruf too.

I like every gt3 car except the Mustang and the camaro.

• Agree Agree x 3