Released 02-12-2016 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Dec 2, 2016.

1. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    No single player was bad enough that I quit 1/2 though the race. And multiplayer was horrible. It seem like a progressive thing. Was fine for the first few minutes. Then slowly started to deteriorate. 15 min practice was good 15, minute qly was ok. Then 5 minutes into the race it started getting real bad.

After I began to realize what was happening, I started booting the game with turbo core running so I could monitor what was happening. The first time everything returned to normal when I close r3e The next 2 times I checked it, it didn't. The CPU and GPU stayed slow. And to be re-initialized.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Checked energy management, so it doesn't go into some energy saving mode after x minutes?

3. pargiNOS

pargiNOS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    We had a 30 grid race tonight, except the join in freeze issue, everything else was great!!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. DonArturo

DonArturo Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I was at the F1-Race at the RB-Ring this year and remember a lot of whining and moaning from the drivers about the curbs, so I´d say they are realistic now too :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  5. kendoslow

kendoslow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    To echo that, no lagging or glitching and good pings from all over.
    Successful hotfix S3.

• Like Like x 3
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  6. Marc Copa

Marc Copa Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    ... The joinlags are an old problem, I hope S3 works on it and soon finds a solution for it

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. kendoslow

kendoslow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Agreed, but in comparison to the previous problems it seems trivial now. I can't believe how solid the game was even at the start not a single flicker from 30 cars.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Ruffnax

Ruffnax Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    And now i have no top menu so i cant go to DTM or ADAC GT Masters... Thats not funny. Please fix this or is there any other help?

THX for the tip! My fault. Forgett my stupid question.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  9. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    The Experiences in the Top-Menu were removed with the patch. You can find everything now within the Singel-Player-Section. There you are able to create championships with the rules and raceformat from DTM for example...

10. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    they're purposely gone. they were replaced with the rule sets

11. Martin93

Martin93 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    This might have been asked and answered several times.. but, has there been any news about multi class racing offline when that comes?

12. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I would imagine that it is still a ways off.

First step for introducing multi-class racing was allowing bigger grids, so you could race more cars over the various classes... That was done last January. However, that kind of made the AI 'dumb' and they had a lot of issues racing cleanly, or just racing well in general. So this was fixed in the November update which made the AI much smarter again.

Before they flip the switch and enable multi-class in single player, so to speak... They will need to do a ton of UI work, as well as other code work for mixed class rules. Not to mention making sure results display properly so the classes are clearly differentiated.

Not sure how long til this all gets done, but as far as I know, it's still being worked on.

13. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Join lag, join lag aarrrgggghhhhhh JOIN LAG.

Oh and the mouse in the menus before and after race, locks up for a few seconds then free then locks up then free wash rinse n repeat.