Released 04-05-2017 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, May 4, 2017.

1. Krystian Sulkiewicz

Krystian Sulkiewicz Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Thank you :) Now works perfectly :)

2. Walter Start

Walter Start New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone, first time here, but not for good reasons.

I wanted to update the game, but got the error "writing disk error". I tried most of suggested solutions: disable Avira, restarting Steam, my PC, verify the integrity of game files, delete the download cache... Now, i tried to fix it with admin orders, but i've also got an error about RRRE.exe. I search for a response, but i didn't find everything about it. I can't reinstall Raceroom with this problem. Anyone can help me, please ?

Sorry for my bad english, i didn't particpate in an international forum since a long time.

3. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    I like the "Keep server on Practice until someone connects" option. Then you don't have to wait for the server cycle around, just hop on. Good if all your buddies join then too! No group is ever all ready at the same time. Trying now on OMSSA1.

4. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I got a writing disk error a while back , this was my portable hard drive giving up.
    Do you have another hard drive / portable drive you can try to install it to?

5. JakkeFin

JakkeFin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    Close steam and make sure its not running.
    Browse to C:\Program Files\Steam (x86)\SteamApps\Common and look for files that are 0kb in size.
    If there is 0kb files, delete them.
    Restart steam and try to start game

6. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Ah there was an update yesterday :eek:

I couldn't close the game, (ALT+F4 didn't work) and when I was a the home menu I couldn't quit either. I had the error code [Game] Error: invalid game or menu state.
    When I tried to launch a single player unique event after that, it was loading and it went back to the menu.
    I have a recording of that, if needed.
    I could close the game with Task Manager (the good old way).

7. Walter Start

Walter Start New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I've got only one HDD, but i've check it, it's seems ok, no damage on it.
    there's one file called "installscript.vdf", it's 1,40 ko size. The lone file in the game file. So, i delete it ?

8. JakkeFin

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    No, only 0kb if there is some

9. JakkeFin

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
  10. Walter Start

Walter Start New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    It works for Windows 7 ?

11. JakkeFin

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    For windows 7 try this:

Exit Steam. In Windows Explorer go to your Steam directory (C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/) and make sure the directory is NOT read only. Then right click your Steam launch icon and click 'Run as administrator

12. Walter Start

Walter Start New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I will try this. After that, if this don't work, i think it's a farewell to Raceroom with my current computer... :(

13. Walter Start

Walter Start New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Well, i've made everything possible, but downloading the game is too difficult. Downloading for 10 minutes, and again, i've got write disk error... I'm speechless. I never had that kind of problem before.

14. JakkeFin

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Walter Start

Walter Start New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    It worked ! Finally ! Many thanks, i will now try this famous swedish airport... ;)

• Like Like x 2
  16. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    I wish you a good flight with the cars :)

17. MRaabe

MRaabe Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    While this might be an useful option for some circumstances, the official Raceroom Server should have this turned off, in my opinion (i guess servers starting with [RR] are official servers by the devs, right?). I noticed that there tend to be fewer players in the races, most likely due to the fact that they can't join during qualifying. If there are ten people in a qualifying, and 5 people chose to leave because of whatever, you are stuck with the 5 remaining players.
    And of course, there are pure "training servers", like the [RR]Nordschleife Tourist, which is basically a 90 minutes Qualifying. I wanted to change my car yesterday and couldn't rejoin because of "closed multiplayer session" (or whatever the term is in the english UI).
    TL;DR: Would be nice when this setting could be turned off on the official public server ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  18. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    So are all cars now using the same tyre model and physics or are only some updated? Still!

19. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    @2ndLastJedi
    Very old: GTR1, GTRX, German Natinals, Hillclimb Icons, WTCC 2013
    ---
    Old: DTM 1992, GTR2, Touring Classics, WTCC 2014
    ---
    Modern: ADAC GTM 2013-2015, Aquila CR1, FR2, FRJ, Group 5, GTO, GTR3, NSU TTS, BMW M1, Prototype 1 & 2, Silhouette Series, Tatuus F4, WTCC 2015
    ---
    Most Recent: Audi TT Cup 2015-2016, Audi TT RS VLN, DTM 2013-2016, FR US, FR3, KTM X-Bow RR, WTCC 2016

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Why are they releasing new content and not updating the existing stuff ? other than $$ .
    I know people who wont buy into this Sim because they dont know what they are getting !

• Disagree Disagree x 3