Released 04-05-2017 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, May 4, 2017.

1. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    I also think this option should only be used in rare conditions. There's not enough players on R3E servers, and most of the time, servers are filled while in qualif. Actually I see a server on Spa ("[RR]" so I suppose official), with 6 players for 30 slots, and I'm unable to join... and they will probably end the race at 3 or 4 players max. Last time I started a race with 6 players, I was alone on the server at end of race lol. (yes sometimes I'm also the quitter ^^)

I find this is really a bad option, seeing the current multiplayer state of R3E, it will make again harder to race with people.

EDIT: Same on "[RR] Nordschleife VLN"... is it still possible to join a server?... :confused:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I think this option should be used with caution!
    I mostly have 30 minutes to an hour or so when I'm about to jump on a MP race, so I rarely jump in on a practise session.
    Was trying to join 4 races earlier today, but all was locked in qually with 3 to 6 players in the server..

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: May 8, 2017
  3. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Old physics are fine, GT2's are sweet, they're not broken, just different.
    Anyone buying RR is getting a well supported, ever evolving, true to life simulation of global Motorsport, backed up by enthusiastic and talented Devs and an ever growing, knowledgeable, supportive community!
    You can test drive every car before purchase, so, if you don't like how it drives, don't buy it!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I would test whether pure trackday configurations (endless free practice) attract more players.

In AC, these players form a sub faction only - but a loyal one.

Because there are quite some people who indeed just want to drive a formation a bit, want to do some dogfighting, and do not want or simply do not have the time to go through all the timetable of P, Q and R.

Personally, I do races only in SP, so to have a field of cars around me matching my skill level, and so have the pleasure of packracing. If I join race servers, I either just have to wait until the others have shot themselves of the track, or they are so good that I trail behind and end up lonely hotlapping. So I prefer trackday servers in MP, and SP in races.

I recommend to optimise the server stability, it really has handicaps. Microlags and stuttering when players join or leave. It can be copensated if you are alone on your part of the track and in no tight cornering, but if you are close to other cars and currenbtly manouver, or are in zig-zaging through slalom turns, it can ruin the race for you. Has happened to me. Compared to that, AC is smooth as silk and rock solid in MP. Raceroom should try to reach that standard. I mean they aim at making this an e"sports" and MP platform of major format, or not? Then the basis to build on must be solid. Currently, it isn't.

If it is due to loading textures for individually chosen skins, then a solution for that must be found. if that means to somewhat regulate/limit the use of skins or number individual car models in a class, then so be it.

Whenever I go MP driving, which is rare, I chose AC, not Raceroom, due to these inherent current problems: stutterings, no trackday servers.

BTW, Audi TT Cups and those Swedish rumblepits and AI at adaptive, is a superb combo!! Do I need MP when i can have this...? I fail to see a convincing argument there. :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    No, they're not fine. There is clearly something wrong with the way cars are loosing and catching grip.

Test drive isn't really presenting car well. I skipped many cars because they felt bland and boring and when later I tried them in competition or something they felt much better. It's mostly because you can't set FFB multiplier and mess with setup - many cars need some tweaks before they come alive, like DTM or KTM

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. MRaabe

MRaabe Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I have set up a Server for Nordschleife VLN besides my "VLN 4h Training", because i had the same issue.
    It's named "VLN Multiclass" and has basically almost equal settings as the official one. It's 10 minutes Training, 20 Minutes Qualifying and 30 Minutes Race. Cars allowed are GT3, Audi TT VLN, DTM 92 and WTCC 2016. Feel free to use this server if you want, i will keep this online at least as long as this issue is existent.

7. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
  8. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    There usually is a couple of trackday servers running.

9. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Not a problem I suffer from, as stated, handles fine for me, didn't realize you were the official adjudicator for RR's wares, so if you can't drive it, it's broken, yes?

RR cars are alive before you set them up, you tinker to tame them.
    I actually like the ability to test drive and it's the driver that makes a drive exciting, NSU's being a prime example, you can tweak the hell out of it, won't make a blind bit of difference, yet the racing will always be close, fun and yes, exciting.

10. XXVI Sol

XXVI Sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0

I agree the gt2 should be updated,also the gt1 and gtrx.They are part of the old sluggish disconnected physics of r3e and are a reminder of the huge leap in physics and handling this game made over the years.Also imo the dtm92 and classic touring arent perfect but stil having much fun,an update surely would be welcome.
    About the test drive its true the default setups are safe maybe even boring sometimes,but still you can have a very good taste of what the car is about,I think its a great feature r3e provides.Regarding the ffb,u can always adjust the overall intensity before going for test drive

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    I drove/raced the DTM 92 last night.
    The front end was so slow to respond to input, it was like a boat. It felt as though I was dragging the screen across, rather than rotating the car.

I don't know if this is realistic but it was so different to the nimbleness I normally associate with race cars. I loved it.
    I can't normally tell much difference between the Silhouette and Audi TT, or even the DTM 2016, so this feel that I was driving a dinosaur from the early nineties was a welcome change.

Accurate physics? When something is this good, how can it be wrong?

Not everything needs to be updated.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Squanchy

Squanchy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Totally agree. Every racing game needs a few cars that are old clunkers and drive like a boat. It's a refreshing change.
    I would also recommend you the BMW 635 in the touring classics. It's wobbly and fun.

• Like Like x 1
  13. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    DTM92/TC are actually kinda cool on those old physics (probably because they were released as last, if I remember correctly). But update would still be welcome. Look at M1 Procar or NSU TTS - they both are on the post-DTM2015 physics and they have this boaty feeling to them and at the same time they use all those cool things that were introduced later, like much better FFB or dirty tires.

This is how pretty much every car felt back then

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Like AC updated its cars' tyres over two or three updates to latest version 10, it should be done with physics for cars in Raceroom as well. We should not want to have "two different physics" in one sim, this can only be considered to be a provisory, temporary status. Obviously, the DTM92 and touring classics cars draw most attraction here.

Right now I evenj would forgive it if the GTX cars do not gte time spend on, but get deleted. Right now they are not useful, nor convincing.

But DTM92 and touring classics - these are a must, too many people like them.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    But I don't think that you can delete those cars. If they do that, a lot of people (I think) would be mad because they bought it!

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Well, they could simply be refunded in vRP