Released 05-06-2015 RaceRoom has been updated (hotfix)

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Jun 5, 2015.

1. JTT - Gege21 - (FR)

JTT - Gege21 - (FR) Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    This stuck at loading screen "hit a key to continue" seems to be related with Logitech profiler soft as when launching this profiler soft before launching RRRE this stuck bug doesn't appear anymore and the loading process of the game give up the main menu instantly pressing any key. Hope that can help your Dev Staff to be on the right way to find this issue.

W7 Pro x64 - GTX980 Nvidia driver 350.12 -

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  2. Mikael Hermansson

Mikael Hermansson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys,

For those of you still experiencing the issues with black or disappearing menus, would you mind going to the Properties page of RaceRoom Racing Experience in your Steam library and verify your game cache (if you haven't already)?

As shown here:
    [​IMG]

Also, as Sonat already stated, any info you can give on your system is greatly appreciated, especially which graphics card, which graphics driver version and which operating system you're running.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Aldeony Pinheiro

Aldeony Pinheiro New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I verify the integrity of game cache but dont work, my os is Windows 8.1 64 bits, i'm use nvidia 760 vga with tha last driver installed version 353.06.

4. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I ran integrity check yesterday already. Zero faults. Specs in my sig.

5. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Skybird, how do you run the game? Via desktop icon, via Logitech profiler or Steam Library?

More than few people reported that the issue is related to Logitech profiler but I haven't been able to confirm whether this is the case or just a hunch so far.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  6. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Ok.

I got it reproduced and confirmed by a betatester. When logitech profiler is not running and you run the game you get stuck.

We will try and solve the problem but in the meantime please ensure that you are running the Logitech Profiler if you are using a Logitech wheel.

7. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Any chance you are trying without the Logitech profiler software running?

8. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Skybird. :D Skyline is a car, Skybird is me. LOL.

Via icon. I have deleted the Logitech profiler profile for R3E longer time ago, since in R3E the G27 I use is not fully recognised when using it with running profiler. However: the game starts profiler by itself when getting launched. To get all buttons recognised, I need to go back to desktop when the main menus are up, and kill profiler, then back to the game, next pressing on the throttle unit a known tweak to unlock rotation recognition: 3rd and 2nd red button, together with the bottom black button.

Note that it was always like this before the 9 GB patch, except that the game on launch went to the main menu, fully functionally. That it now blocks on the first "press button to continue" screen, is new after the 9 GB patch.

Could be that the Logitech software is the problem,. it really is garbage, I often said that. In AC I get all buttons only when running AC with profiler. In R3E I miss several buttons if running it with profiler software, I MUST KILL profiler software in R3E. Anyhow, current problem of frozen screen came with the new patch, was not there before the 9GB patch.

9. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    As I just said : well, the post above.

10. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Not for me. Don't know if this is related to the hotfix but the loading screen somehow totally takes control of my PC. I can start the task manager but see just flickering a frame shortly and I'm still on the starting screen but nothing happens. Restarted now twice the PC as nothing responded any more, I receive steam messages but can't switch to the popup. Earlier I could at least manage to get into the game by clicking around and ALT+Tab attempts etc. Then I would prefer the DLC message that I had in the previous release :rolleyes: - Win7 64, starting the game with the steam shortcut

11. JTT - Gege21 - (FR)

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Good to hear that. As I stated this afternoon in my Bug post on Stuck at loading screen "hit a key to continue" this is confirmed now. That is not the first time the Logitech profiler is the culprit. Have a good night ;)

12. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Sorry about the name mixup. Having some wine :)

You don't need a profile specific for R3E but the software itself should be running ideally. Having said that the issue is our fault and we should of course fix it. Looks like we missed a device related condition which we will look into.

I think the guys are suggesting that you manually run the Logitech Gaming Software (Logitech Profiler) before running R3E. Of course it's not a proper solution but I would really appreciate it if you can confirm whether this helps or not.

• Like Like x 1
  13. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    @Skybird: I'm using a G27 too and have the logitech-profiler installed in win7 x64... on my system the Profiler starts automatically on startup. I don't have an issue with unrecognized buttons in R3E. Strange how different systems behave...

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Ok, this works, somehow ;-) First I get a black screen but can switch to desktop with ALT+Tab and back to the game which starts afterwards.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Tested that already. Does not work for me, the game launched with running profiler (both with generic and dedicated R3E profile I just created for testing now) gets locked. Even worse: if launched with running profiler, the Alt-Tab doe snot work for me now. I need to reboot to escape the freeze, nothing else works, even not task manager (clicking it sends me back to game screen). Funny thing is: the game launches the profiler automatically itself when I start R3E. And then Alt-Tab works.

As I said, I then used to go to desktop and kill profiler again, else I do not get all buttons recognised by the game. For me R3E and running profiler NEVER worked.

I even tried to deinstall the Profiler months ago. Problem was I found that you cannot. The thing is a damn pest. Also in AC I would need it, the wheel does not get correctly recognised in AC without profiler.

As I said in other threads: Logitech often means good hardware, but always terrible, lousy software.

16. JTT - Gege21 - (FR)

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Yes different setup at starting windows...Mine doesn't run automatically the Logitech profiler as I have set it up like.
    This is the reason I encounter this stuck on loading screen bug. But now it is no more a real problem as I launch the profiler before running R3E and got anymore stuck on screen loading.

17. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Me too.

Until here: for me too.

Yes, it is strange. I miss several buttons, I need to switch profiler off on desktop, and manually activate rotation recognition of the wheel, then I can play.

The web says it is an inconsistency with Logitech profiler since the G25 was released. I found this issue reported in posts dating back several years when I researched this several months ago.

18. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    You mean profiler does not get loaded on windows booting already? Well, same for me. I have five driving games installed currently, and only AC depends on profiler running. The other four demand profiler to be inactive for recognising the hardware correctly.

That software is a piece of dirt.

19. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Well, I am talking in circles a bit, but: before the patch, I could not run the profiler because then the hardware would not get correctly recognised. After that 9 GB patch, when launching profiler manually before launching R3E, the games gets stuck for me, Alt-Tab does not work anymore as a workaround, I need to reboot. After the patch also: when launching the game and not manually launching profiler first, it automatically launches profiler all by itself - and then the Alt-Tab works. (And then I reach the main menu, and can go to desktop, and switch profiler off, and have the wheel correctly recognised in game, with no missing buttons).

Tell me if any clearness is left that I could mess up, else I go to bed now. :D

20. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Skybird. I think we missed some special device related cases that doesn't go well with the funky Logitech software, which we need to fix. Until we fix that I'm afraid I can't offer you much help which sucks. But we will investigate and try to fix this as soon as possible.

• Like Like x 1