Released 07-07-2015 Raceroom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Jul 7, 2015.

1. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Soon™

• Like Like x 2
  2. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Not sure if this has been reported again but still having problem getting off the line, seems to happen randomly but have to change up or down a gear before the car will move! :(

3. goldtop

goldtop Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    So that's not as "Soon" as "Very Soon" then lol.

One of my favourites so I'll be looking forward to that :)

4. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    It is pretty epic, definitely worth the wait. Not being privy to release information, I'm afraid I can't specify exactly how "Soon™", "Soon™" is.
    Sorry.

:D

5. Mue

Mue Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    i have that too :(

6. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Still waiting for S3 to acknowledge this issue. Don't think they have said anything about it, despite all the posts here. C'mon S3, as a common courtesy, let's us know you are aware of this and working on a fix.

7. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I fiddled a bit today to see whats about the advancements regarding shadow performance (Phenom II x4 955 3.2 Ghz /Win 7/64/MSI Geforce GTX 650 4GB/ 8GB Ram) With medium preset settings overall except Track Quality (means quantity of Trackside buildings, audience a.s.o) on Low, mirrors on low and shadow split on, car shadows off, atm 16-18 visible cars, contact shadows 8, light shafts on, no FXAA, 2xAA, Bloom on (res 1920x) it now looks very decent compared to before the patch, getting 60 FPS in average without stutter (and full grid) - ok the tracks look a bit more deserted now, but in relation to the overall look & performance I'm very pleased with that result so far - before I couldn't use shadows due to the ugly look and slight stutter...

8. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Glad you are happy, but for me the situation is a joke. The performance discrepancies between tracks is crazy now. I can play Shanghai and Moscow without issue on mainly high settings, but yet Monza and Zolder are a stuttering choppy mess, when before the update they were absolutely fine.

I should not have to massively reduce my GXF's just to be able to play 2 tracks, when the rest are fine using my current settings. As previously mentioned, this seems to be a VRAM issue and so likely to affect people with triple screens and/or super high resolution monitors more than single screen 1080p or 1440p monitor users.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  9. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone else think that the cars are now more willing to turn upside down?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Handro

Handro New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sector 3,

After this update 3D Vision stopped to work for R3E, while it still works fine with other games and sims. I have always played this sim with 3D Vision without any problem but now it is not being enabled when the sim starts and can not even manually enabled it with the shortcut CTRL-T.

Is some one else having the same problem ? Any clue how to fix it ?

I have already tried other versions of nVidia drivers but no success.

Thanks !

11. opelman

opelman Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    In my replays the car's stop's. Does anybody have same problem?

12. coolcool

coolcool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +163 / 0 / -0
  13. Tortue G

Tortue G Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    @Handro : For me too, 3D Vision don't work at the first launch after installing the update, but after I quit the game and launch it again, it works again nice ;) !!

A little question, "windmills" at Zolder, it's this, or it is other things (I'm not english, so translation may not be perfect :confused:) ?:
    [​IMG]

Because in the changelog we have "Zolder: added windmills in the distance" and I don't see them around the track :oops:, so may be I misunderstand...

14. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Yes, you're right.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Well yeah...I also expected the famous dutch landmark :D...not these "things" that are annoying the folks along the Northsea Coast...times are changing....:rolleyes:

16. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    @Anthony Monteil

The new Audi R8 LMS cockpit sound is fantastic! Thank you.

Any other GT3 cars due to receive a sound update?

17. Tortue G

Tortue G Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Ernie ;) !
    Someone have seen the Windmills around the R3E Track? me not :oops:...
    So I don't understand this line in the changelog :) .

But no problem, with or without windmill, this track is "alive" ;) !

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  18. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    I'm pretty sure they forgot to include the updated files in the patch because the Zolder files in my installation are unchanged.

19. r-r-public

r-r-public Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    Everybody says how great the new R8 cockpit sound is. And of course it has to be, sound god Anthony is involved. But why does the R8 in my R3E sound so synthetic and strange? :( I was so exited to hear the new sound but something must be wrong here. Still no YouTube footage to compare.

Oh, and no windmills here too.

20. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Can you try recording yours? It sounds good here.

Just had a really fun race at Macau for the first time, GTR2 class for 30 minutes was superb track, cars and AI.