Released 09-12-2015 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Dec 9, 2015.

1. DerHek

DerHek Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Hallo sector3 I have noticed something on monza , the corner cutting is to sensitive in the variante ascari corners (8-9).see my video

And thanks for the update really love the AI now.

Gr Derk.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    Yes i have the same problem last night at leaderboards

3. 2Lame2Aime

2Lame2Aime Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    The AI is just awesome!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Never in my life have I seen such rampant abuse of the track limits!!! o_O :eek:

:D

Hopefully that gets fixed soon.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. David Plummer

David Plummer Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    hey guys, im using a DFGT and im having hughg issues with the ffb ive tried adjusting the load/damper/spring settings but it feels wither fully off or so strong i cant turn the wheel. Anyone got any setting values of a good setup to post??

6. XXVI Sol

XXVI Sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    try decreasing lateral and/or overall effects

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. David Slute

David Slute Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    Try creating a new new wheel profile, I like to do this after every update to assure Iam running the most recent update, also in the tuning menu reset the steering ratio as I've found a few cars are still caring over old ratios after the last update.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Have there been any updates on the DTM 1992 physics?

9. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Great update, AI is absolutely terrific now !

I found a little issue:
    @ Zolder with the M1 Procar: the AI control goes right into the left wall at the pit entry, car blocked => have to end the race.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    I´ve noticed that since the new update came out the statistics (laps, kilometers, etc.) don´t refresh.

11. SylverFyre

SylverFyre Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    Fantastic. Looking forward to getting this downloaded. Shame I won't be able to play until at least Sunday, damn works Xmas party lol.

12. David Plummer

David Plummer Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Thanks @XXVI ive adjusted the overall and lateral and it feels much better still some tweaking needed but use able

13. David Plummer

David Plummer Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Not sure but i think the bmw at high revs sounds different and if you down shift in high revs hitting the rev limiter it sounds aweful, anyone else notice this?

14. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to add a few notes about the tweaked AI. People who know me know that I didn't get along very well with the AI so far. They were always bumping into my car for no reason, trying to outbreak me although they were substantially slower. Furthermore every ever so slight touch of an AI car sent me into an unrecoverable spin.

That's all over now. I just did a race against the AI on RBR with GTR3 class and they were not only driving with brains but I also could scrub along their sides without getting spun out every time. They were a bit slow but that's just my fault, having set their level too low. Will make them faster next time. And they had problems lapping each other. I started from the back and cought up to the leaders just when they started to lap the first backmarkers and could watch their efforts to pass them. They had big problems passing them although being a lot faster.

Another point I'd like to know about is about refuelling. I had my refuelling set to "safe" in the pit stop settings and didn't get any fuel during my pitstop - unfortunately this was the end of my race as I didn't have enough fuel for another lap in my tank. So what exactly does "safe", "normal" and "risky" do when chosen? I had the idea that "safe" would fill up my tank with way enough fuel to end the race - in this case I was expecting a complete refuel because the remaining time was longer than a full tank could cover.

But whatever - thanks a lot for the progress on the AI. Today I can say I had the first offline race that gave me fun so far in RRRE. :):):)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Glad you like the AI better now.
    Regarding the fuelling: Are you sure you actually activated that setting? You have to click on it so it turns green for it to be active, otherwise they won't give you a drop.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Ooops - didn't know that...I thought confirming my pitstop settings confirms ALL my settings.

Will try again tomorrow, thanks for the hint.

17. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    We've gotten so used to just clicking confirm because only tires could be changed before. Now you have to click fuel and tires (I did it too my first couple of pitstops when testing refueling)

18. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    That came with the downshift protection. On cars that have DSP you'll hear a beep and it won't downshift. On cars that don't you hear the transmission grinding to let you know you've been naughty.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Macaquinho

Macaquinho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +219 / 0 / -0
    Hey.

Yesterday I did some laps at Macau with the Audi R8 GTR3. I've noticed that the engine breaks down pretty easily, just by touching the wall a bit. Kind of frustrating... Is this Intended?

20. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Nope, hitting walls is definitely not intended, just probable at Macau! :D

• Funny Funny x 4