Problem 0xEEDFADE error on loading

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Brussells, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Brussells

Brussells Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Unable to get R3E to load - being presented with the error (0xEEDFADE).
    Have tried reinstalling, verifying the local cache, reinstalled Java, DirectX, GPU drivers...pulling the remainder of my hair out!
    Previously worked, hadn't played for a while, and now it's broken.
    Any ideas what this may be, or what else I can try please?
    Submitted 2 support tickets now, but have had no response, so trying the forums to save my sanity!

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by Bailey Lagstrum, Feb 24, 2015 (1 points)
  3. Bailey Lagstrum

Bailey Lagstrum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
    Best Answer
    Hi Brussells, I have no clue how to help you as that is not my expertise however, I did Google the error code you received and a few times I read that some people got the same code when two pieces of software are using code that conflicts with each other.
    Can't tell you if that's true but as I hate to see people go insane I wanted to try to help. :)

Could you perhaps try this.... end/turn off all unnecessary processes and running programs that are not essential and then fire up R3E and see if the error remains? Just an idea.

Hope you find the answers,
    Bailey

• Like Like x 1
  4. Brussells

Brussells Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Bailey. I had a go at ending as many processes as I could safely do, and yet it still didn't work :(
    However! I did uninstall a few programs, which I had installed recently (mainly head tracking software), which I no longer needed, and it's fixed the issue! Unfortunately I uninstalled a few different programs so don't know which was the culprit, but the main thing is my R3E now works!! \o/

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Bailey Lagstrum

Bailey Lagstrum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
    Glad I could help Brussells even if it was a shot in the dark. I had read something about conflicting DLL's (or something) between opposing programs but I can't elaborate because I could translate enough of their "code talk" to decipher it all. lol
    I was assuming two different programs are trying to use some line of code or something and that causes the error... from the little bit I read and understand.
    But now that you have it running it sounds like it actually was a program conflict. Perhaps you could just reinstall the removed programs one by one and pinpoint the culprit.
    Bailey