Released 10th July 2019 Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Jetsun

Jetsun Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Now I'm jealous :)
    Yea love the Cayman too, n the stiff gt3 cup must hurt the butt in this rig!!
    And how about gtr2s, fr junior, fr90, zonda, or group 4/c in your rig, must be blast aren't they?

2. Leynad

Leynad New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    There was a 6 hour VLN-stream from a Cup-Porsche just today and many others on YouTube as well, but just try one VLN-lap alone with the Raceroom-edition of this car! So far there are just 7 people on the leaderboard that got a time and three with a reasonable fast one and it wasn't wiped with the update...o_O
    PS: The best Porsche Cup today did 39 laps with a 8:27 best. You don't need to believe me, but least believe in real numbers!

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  3. Leynad

Leynad New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    GT2, F Junior, Zonda and Group 4 feeling nice, but never saw onboards or watched races of these classes, but they behave all very reasonable. Not a big fan of the 90's F1 because the MP4/13 in rF2 is just in a different universe. Even the sound is far better. The rF2-thing is far more difficult to handle as well and unsure how much of that can be truth. The car in Raceroom is more easy to catch and this might be more reasonable.
    PS: According to Lando Norris the F1 car in iRacing is rubbish and just one rF2-mod is close to the real car. I guess he can judge that better...

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. BBKing212

BBKing212 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    So you know how must car behave just by watching onboard video? This is like saying that you watch a K1 fight or Matrix and you know how to fight!!!

Do you have more substance excluding watching onboard video?

P.S. in our country we usually say what do you smoke, I want it too ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Leynad

Leynad New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Again: try one lap with it and there is no chance it can survive 39 laps like the best Porsche Cup from VLN5. Feeling is one thing and i might be wrong, but the numbers just don't work. Driving 39 laps with Flat 6 or ACC physics would work on the other hand and since they behave similar, they must be better. So far the physics in Raceroom are way too unforgiving and no suspension-setup available that could be tweaked as well.
    PS: F1 cars are made for F1/2/3/4-drivers and they must be a handful. Porsche Cup is made for dentists.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    it was said earlier hat the setupand suspension data were based on real figures from the german PCC series , so the feeling will be different and the setup possibilities and ride qualities will differ from a vln series requirements , so by trying to be correct to a series , using the data available from that series , will probably be what you are feeling
    but then again thats a logical arguement

Andi

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Leynad

Leynad New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Every sim claims that their physics are based on real data, so in theory they should be all very similar. So far ACC, rF2 and iRacing feeling relatively similar and just Raceroom sticks out with a very different suspension-model.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    i shall leave it there before i express an opinion about what type of muppet you are

Andi

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  9. Leynad

Leynad New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Just let it go. When people are calling me things or rating me down, it's just the last proof i'm right. And often enough i got an update with significant improvements later...

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I've watched every documentary there is about CERN. I'm already excited to receive my Nobel Prize... any day now, any day for sure. ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    no , what i tried to explain to you in a simplified form is that maybe the difference you are feeling is a different data set being used , across the sims ; and from this a different translation of feeling comming across

what i didnt explain is that you stink of arrogance and a single minded stupiditity of where you have to be correct always , i would try and get some help for this as it makes you come across like an utter cockwomble

Andi

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  12. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    See Stephen Hawkins and his old Black Hole theory, accepted for years till he admitted he may have got it wrong, you aint getting no nobel prize, them guys at CERN, wrong ;)

13. Leynad

Leynad New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    You better don't go Sim-Racing, because developers never know enough about the cars they code as well. Nils Heusinkveld did his first track-experience this year. All F1-cars in sim-racing are pure guess-work and probably 90% of the rest as well. At least one F1-driver said 'okay' on the 90's F1-cars?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  14. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    I fixed it for you!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    When just one person complains I try to look at the reasons why, didn't take long to dissect this one. Spends 11k on a rig and he still can't drive the bloody thing! :D:D:D:D
    I recommend train simulator, maybe more to your liking! :rolleyes:
    Any Muppet with no experience at all, who argues with people who live and breathe a topic, needs to go buy himself a Harley or don some Lycra and take up cycling, as you sir, you sir are having a mid life crisis. If you doubt my credentials, well, 3 motorbikes in the back yard up to this point, so, bring it on!

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Jetsun

Jetsun Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    I can predict than CERN will never make any fundamental breakthrough, ever, looking at the wrong direction lol, same for telescope guys though, some Nobel prices but no paradigm shift ;) like in Einstein times.

Anyway thanks to our dear friend @Leynad I've put a time on VNL gt3 cup lb. Top 10! ok I'm last and 30s behind him, but bear in mind that I'm a real rookie (13000km), and only have 9h(750km) training on Nordschleife whatever car, and 9h in the gt3 cup whatever track, so if I was able to put a lap in my second attempt, the car can't be so wrong then, lov it, and nords, and fr90, etc and and laser physics :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Leynad

Leynad New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    So the suspension of the Porsche Cup in Raceroom is accurate because 3 motorcycles beating 6 DOF motion and I'm a bad driver. I think my first rule is kicking in: never argue with fools.

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    please stop being such a plank

Andi

• Winner Winner x 2
  19. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    The main problem with an 11k rig is, that you constantly have to justify its validation & sheer existence (incl. your own too ). Like , for example, I strongly believed in my youth that various shiny effect boards 'n stuff with a lot of blinking gizmos and whatnot make me a "better musician", cause all the fine announcements and adds prompted it....Good Lord, how wrong and ignorant I've been :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1