Released 10th July 2019 Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Hygge

Hygge Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    As I am a simple and boring man and more or less do all my races with GT3:s at Imola.;) I immediately notice if the ai has changed in behaviour from one update to the next. If I notice some percieved changes to the ai I start a race and do the first few sectors and then start over again and again to confirm my findings. And as you say Tamburello is a very good corner to evaluate the ai in terms of how aware it is of the player as well as of other ai cars. And up to this update it was very civiliced (but still challenging) and rarely run into you or other ai. Of course every now and then some car spun as is also happening in real racing but that was more uncommon. Now it seems like it's more or less every time. Another corner that I use to evaluate the ai is Tosa. Like a year ago or so if you tried to pass the ai on the inside they would almost every time ignore that you were there and steer into you but the recent updates cured that and it seemed like the ai awareness had improved a lot. But now it's back to being worse in this regard. And as you say it feels more erratic - overdriving which results in a lot of spinning and causing yellow flags in each and every corner. But as the developers found a good formula for ai behaviour before I have faith in them sorting this out so I can have as good racing as before. And I really appreciate your responding to this so I as a user know that there are real issues and not something I just imagine and that it's being worked on. Thumbs up!

2. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I welcome the AI making mistakes. Makes it more realistic. I watch the IMSA series and they have the TCR and GT4 classes on the track at the same time. There is incidents happening all the time. It wouldn’t feel right if they drove perfect to me.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Hygge

Hygge Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I agree and the ai before was prone to make mistakes every now and then which always made a grin on my face because as you say it makes it more realistic. But as with the last update the ai makes mistakes in every corner which isn't very realistic and ruins the fun of racing.I don't want an ai that drive on rails but at least I don't want them to pile up in every corner.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    No I understand what you mean. I haven’t ran a race with ai since the update. I get rear ended here and there but that’s cause I’m slower in certain corners then they are.

But I agree it would be annoying to have the ai getting involved in incidents frequently. One thing I was thinking the other night is since all the drivers names are real ( as far as I know) if they well known good drivers are better than say driver that’s in the line up that is not.. do they match their driver ability in real life ? Cause that would be pretty detailed if you ask me.

5. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    It must be only with certain classes of cars because with the WTCR 2019 the AI are fantastic; I am having the best fun ever

But I'm still getting the AI rollovers and accidents happening on certain tracks like RBR turn one where multiple cars roll over after hitting the inside curb

6. anno900

anno900 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Currently I drive a championship with Cayman GT4 Trophy by Manthey-Racing.
    Last race before the update was on Tuesday at Nürburgring GP. Was a challenging race. I currently drive at 100% AI cause adaptive AI does not work as I want it to do. When I checked the aiadaption file I was mainly on 103-105% (mainly drove GT3 before) but with the Manthey GT4 porsche I could not keep up at 104% when I started the championship initially. So I restarted with 100% and it works quite fine. Maybe due to the different car class, the GT4 AI outbreaks me, at GT3 I was far far better in braking than AI. Especially at Trun 1 at Nürburgring.
    Anyway, the race was great. At lap 5 or 6 I was 2nd. Before turn 1 is was next to P1 but then from far back P3 came along (so 3 wide) overshots the corner, rammed into P1 and I was first. So that mistake by P3 makes racing realistic.
    After the 10th July update next race was at Silverstone GP. AI went off quite a lot at teh Esses. Far more frequnetly as I expected. In cubs corner they also ran wie quite often. Since I mainly drove GT3 before I do not know if that has somethign to do with the car class (or even talent files) but from my impression (only had this one 22 minute race at Silverstone since the update), the AI made a little bit too many mistakes. I drive only with 10 AI opponents and at least 3 AIs made mistakes at the Esses. I just saw it at the timing bar, that they fall back suddenly.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  7. w0lfix

w0lfix KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    That depends on what you think is coming :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. shyroth

shyroth New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I ran two offline races on the Red Bull Ring with the WTCR 2018 on my usual 100% AI, and I got rammed in the first two corners a lot of times actually. It seemed like AI detection is completely gone on the brakes if they're a bit behind you. Also the 2019 AI is a lot slower for me, I tried them on the Hungaroring and Zandvoort, 3-4 seconds slower than usual. I had to turn up to 106-107% to get a competitive race. I'll test some more today

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jetsun

Jetsun Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Oh, just starting with adaptative, I didn't know we can get that info, where do I find it?

Same for me, WTCR'19 being 3-4s slower than '18 at Sepang

10. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Will try 2018 later, but with brief testing on 2 races in Imola with the 2019, they were around 3 secs behind on quali at 100%.

Also, during free testing of the 2019, I noticed their default Steering gain is only 1.3, and I have to raise it to 1.8-1.9.

11. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I presume you mean Porche 911?

12. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    991.2 is the actual version number they use to distinguish between the countless 911s :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. totalgamertb21

totalgamertb21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Well, you never know. You guys at Sector3 love easter eggs in the game, whether they're on the loading screens or the previews :D.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  14. totalgamertb21

totalgamertb21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    To prove my point:
    ;)
    The only electric car in the game so far is the VW ID.R, which you can't actually buy. You can only drive it around the Nordschleife, and there's no battery usage in that.

Attached Files:

15. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Looks like the wtcr ai still needs a bit of work around the nordschleife as well :D
    6:45 and 9:10

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    If memory serves me right, it was announced that they ID.R would be in the store at some point. Correct me if i'm wrong

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. W2Racing

W2Racing Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I can relate to all those AI's :coldsweat::coldsweat::coldsweat:

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Somehow my position bar was disabled after the update. Or maybe I accidentally hit the key to toggle it, I don't know...

19. BillyBobBongo

BillyBobBongo Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Aye, in a quick 5 lap race around Silverstone a total of 4 cars decided to exceed the limit. Think they need dialing back...maybe just a wee bit!

2019-07-12 2137 0001.jpg 2019-07-12 2138 0002.jpg 2019-07-12 2139 0003.jpg 2019-07-12 2140 0004.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
  20. gpellis87

gpellis87 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Seeing the same flipping behavior at Mid-Ohio as well with the new cars.