Released 11-17-2016 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Tim Hallmann

Tim Hallmann New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Ok after the Hotfix I tried to start the Game 20 Times or more.
    It didn't work. Now its Error 502.
    Incredible

2. opelman

opelman Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    This is ridigilious. Or something like that. Not work me either.

3. mizz

mizz Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    dont know if this is the right place:
    bought three items (packs) on wednesday. they are booked in my paypal account.
    could not get in the game since then until now and the items arent booked in the game at the moment.
    they do not show up in the portal as purchased items either. any fast help? i tried to dig some time from my family (three days in a row) and as for now i did not have any expirience.

4. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    the amount of people in the test environment is probably orders of magnitude smaller... although the web services probably could have been tested by all of us in an "open beta" as well to get more realistic load... (does the game still have the beta version number?, don't remember) If that is possible I'd highly suggest it for the next releases. Announce an open beta tests of the new system, so people can hammer it for some time, without impacting infrastructure of the actual product. Easy to say so ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  5. V8Olli

V8Olli Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    The once all-wheel driven cars (Audi V8 DTM & Nissan Skyline GTR R32 from the Touring Classics class) are now RWD only which results in a ... challenging ... handling. I actually like it.:D Sadly, this has also made them many seconds per lap slower so that they can no longer compete with their Group A rivals.

I have found two minor issues regarding the dedicated servers which perhaps could be adressed in future patches:
    • The possibility to increase the race finish duration up to 600 seconds is absolutely great. :)However, no matter which value I choose, the field always states "30" as selected duration. Interestingly, the other, larger values also work if I click on them, I just can't see what I have selected.:confused:
    • The field where you could select the delay for pilots that have to start out of the pitlane is gone. (Was this intended?):eek:

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    As far as I'm aware there are some problems with DTM '92 and Touring Classics cars (4WD driving like RWD and a tyre wear/grip issue) and they are working on fixing those, might be ready tomorrow according to J-F.
    Sorry mate, not an official response right there. I'm just one of the chipmunks volunteering to test and now mostly busy re-producing the issues you guys find and report, like the DRS issue f.e. (thanks for those reports btw), and then testing the fixes before they go live.
    So I can confirm that things are being worked on and that yes, they are well aware of the timeouts/503s/menu lags and also working on fixing those. As to the whys and whens, I have no clue.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    IIrc the first one was found and reported by another tester already, but anyway, thanks for reporting. (But please, if you want to make our lives a little easier, use the community support section and report bugs there. In here stuff might get burried.)
    The second one, not sure, not testing dedi stuff usually, but will ask around if that's known.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Open a ticket at http://support.raceroomracingexperience.com/ and describe the issue. Give as many relevant details as possible (username, e-mail address, invoice/stuff you bought etc) and they'll get back to you asap.

• Creative Creative x 1
  9. PicoBp

PicoBp Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Christian. Even though you couldn't tell much, at least you responded, and I honestly appreciate that. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys,

sorry, but unfortunately the problems are still not solved (location: Dresden, Germany).

- slow page-loading:

20161117195818_1.jpg 20161117204827_1.jpg

- game crashes and error 503 messages:

20161117205116_1.jpg

11. soeren_b74

soeren_b74 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the hotfix! Works fine for me now.No more 50x errors!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. JBMAK

JBMAK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Runs smooth.
    Thx Guys... :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the hshift fix!! Any confirmation of my sanity is always a good thing....looking forward to trying this out later.

• Like Like x 2
  14. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Clearly the best fix in this entire update ;)

15. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    seems to working well on my end, apart from the slow menus. Let's see the AI now...

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    just don't give Christian your credit card number, I've failed for that trick once and got buckets of red paint.

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I think everybody will be relieved to learn that I'm not allowed anywhere near the helpdesk....a n y m o r e. :D

• Funny Funny x 4
  18. TripleJay

TripleJay Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    i have a strange sound noise in the replay....just by Action-Cams as far i could hear.

Monza&Sachsenring (maybe more?!) .... monza @ variante ascari f.e.

19. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Be quick everyone! All the Europeans are asleep.... The servers work fine now ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Rui Paiva

Rui Paiva Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Unplayable....takes forever to change menus in the game...sometimes disconects....even the portal takes forever to change links.......can we have the Old Portal? More pretty and more functional....

I have the all content....just sad...