Released 11-17-2016 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Yeh cheers guys for the efforts;), but then again I wouldn't of expected anything different, you've not let us down before, so it amazes me some of the negative and abusive comments you have received over this, yes peeps can get frustrated and want to test out the new stuff, but still..

• Like Like x 1
  2. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Might be wrong place for this but do to the updated menus and the disappearance of the experience things have been added such as qualifying knockout etc. How are we supposed to know which rules apply to each series. I haven't been in game yet so I haven't browsed it but being from North America I'm unfamiliar how each series runs there format.
    Thanks

3. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Not had chance to play since updates but are options for a particular series greyed out if that series does not use them IRL?

That is my only guess.

4. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    You can still select the individual rule sets for those series. Click the picture below to enlarge.

R3E drop down rules.JPG

DTM 13/14/15, and ADAC 14/15 are listed. So things like DRS allotment, DRS usage, gentleman drivers, etc are different depending on the year. From there, you can still select how long the race is, fuel use, qualifying, etc.

This just gives you more options and allows you to use more cars with these rule sets. I believe the intention is to add more rule sets in the future, such as WTCC rules.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  5. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    When I try to create a championship and set the GT Masters 2015 rules it always changes back to "custom" when I change qualifying time or so. And sometimes it switches back to the championship main screen for no reason. Then I successfully created a championship, I just chose GTM 2015 rules and started. Training was set to 5 minutes. When it started the training was 10 minutes. After leaving the box the game crashed :-(

I start to miss the experiences somehow.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, could be a bug that slipped through. Will investigate and see what is going on.

Edit: Actually, quick question to get some extra info. When it is resetting back to "custom" are you getting some menu lag? Like, that white milky screen before it focuses again and lets you make changes?

@sbtm

7. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    "Fixed the excessive damage when using H-Box shifting with manual clutch"
    Thank you!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Do you still have this problem ? If yes, please could you upload a soundclip or a video so I can hear the noise ? I can't reproduce the issue here...Thanks ;)

9. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    @TripleJay Some action cams are sometimes "drones" that are flying. In that case you can hear the noise of the electric engines of the drone. Could it be that?

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Might be the wrong place, but I seem to have the possibility to change the AI level in Practice. If I set it to adaptive will it start getting on my level the more I drive?

11. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Ah ok ! Yes, this is probably the drone sound you heard. It triggers only on the very aerial Action cams if you want to check, but I think Ascari in Monza is a good clue ;)

12. TripleJay

TripleJay Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    yes, it sounds electronical and loud ;) i also heard it yesterday on salzburgring, it seems only to be 1 cam.

13. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Not during practice. The system in the background wasn't changed and it will still only log your laptimes in race sessions.
    Now you can manually set the AI in practice to which ever level you want or have them use the adaptation values, but they will not adapt based on your performance during practice mode.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    With the new "rule set system" the driver changes for the AI ar gone?

Testet just a race with the 2015 GT Masters and Masters ruleset, but no driverchange...And they just pitted for aprox 1 Sec.

15. .OG Isaac

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Christian! I was wondering that.

I was hoping for this feature for Practice sessions because I like to just have a trackday instead of a race :p

• Like Like x 1
  16. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Totally. Next step (hopefully): Multi-class trackday. ;)

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  17. .OG Isaac

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Oh god, Christian you.. Now I can't wait for THAT feature to one day appear >_> Why you always do this, man! :'D

I can only imagine how scary it is to be overtaken by a P1 car in my little NSU.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Yes

19. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Still totally want to do that Formula Tatuus vs WTCC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. .OG Isaac

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Yep, they're supposed to get the same times around Spa IIRC, so I am so going to do that.

• Agree Agree x 1