Released 12-02-2015 - RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Feb 12, 2015.

1. maxel

maxel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    About that livery bug... i can reproduce it all day long, because i get it after every MP race.
    I have to quit the game, restart my router and re-enter the game in order to log into a server again.
    I REALLY hope it gets fixed soon.

2. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    I don't think it's supposed to sync with your wheel, it automatically changes to whatever the car has in real life.

3. Steve Adams

Steve Adams Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I can see pings on all but 16 servers now so much improved, but won't know for sure how it goes until I get a chance to play tonight or tomorrow. Strangely I see pings from 53 to 356 which is a bit confusing to me as I assumed all the servers were located in the same place. I am located in Colorado USA.

4. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    We've got a few servers on each continent except Africa I believe.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. TripleJay

TripleJay Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    meant visually (the wheel ingame), i turn 45° on my wheel and ingame it rotates 90°.

6. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Oh, ok. I can't comment on that, I deactivated the on-screen wheel when I started racing PC sims and could never go back to having it visible, partially because of what you mentioned and mostly because it breaks the immersion factor.

Some games have an option to adjust the on-screen wheel rotation. Does R3E have this in the settings anywhere?

7. Steve Adams

Steve Adams Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Ok makes sense, but why do we not see pings on all the servers then if I am seeing a ping as high as 356?

8. TripleJay

TripleJay Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    can't watch replays of newly driven sessions...restarted r3e allready 3 times, just to be sure. It loads and then it shows me my profile page...wtf.

pretty lame, really, uninstalled.

9. ddawo

ddawo Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    hi I have a question about championship , I finished the race and my position was ok but the rest of the car that were on the same lap as me , its have a lap losses but i do not double. pictures 2015-02-12 2039 0002.jpg 2015-02-12 2039 0001.jpg rather, there is something wrong?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. janni

janni Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Can confirm this issue. Finished first with the DPs in Laguna, second car about 2sec off, all other cars shown 1 Lap down (but weren't).

Results of another 15min race in Laguna (WTCC) was perfectly fine.

DP AI is doing some pretty hefty spinning in the corkscrew (while WTCC AI drives absolutely clean)... possibly related?

11. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Pit stop, maybe?

12. ddawo

ddawo Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    15 min race its ok but if i drive 45 min something is wrong . Pit stop its ok all cars normally and clear drive. I finished another race and I'll see what will :cool:

13. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Interesting. Thanks.

I don't get home until tomorrow. As long as it is slightly better I will be able to be happy until it is fully fixed.

I agree it is odd why some servers you can't see when you get a low ping on most other servers.

14. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    This was a known bug that I have already reported for races longer than 30 minutes. Not fixed.

15. 2Lame2Aime

2Lame2Aime Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    Also in ADAC GT Masters when you have finished the first race of a weekend and press on the "continue to next race" button in the middle, nothing happens for about 2 seconds and then the second race starts. If you press that button again whithin these 2 seconds you skip the second race and the next weekend is loaded.

16. Matt B

Matt B Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    So uh, what's happened to the Aussie servers? Since the last couple of updates I can't see any servers with low ping (they were close to 50 ping). Only about a quarter of the servers give me a ping at all. Is this by design or does the ping get refreshed automatically after ~10 seconds?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Steve Adams

Steve Adams Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I am often still seeing a couple of populated servers that show no ping that I wish I could join. Yet I can see a couple of unpopulated servers that have 300+ ping that I can join. Plus I just saw a populated server with 450 ping. Makes no sense to me.

Are the populated servers that show no ping to me really have so high a ping that it is not possible for me to join or is it a different issue?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  18. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    "- We now save after each session (practice, qualify, race) instead of after an event (race) in championships."
    Yes!!!!!! This is very good. Thank you!!
    I usually dont have time to go through a whole race session in one go, so this is awesome. ADAC Masters 2014 Championship, here we come.

19. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    You will never get low ping in Oz, they are always 350 or so for me ( ADL).....if you can get a ping, you are good to go, still works fine, no lag. You wont get ping on all of them though.....

20. Matt B

Matt B Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    When the Aussie servers were first made available I was running at Bathurst on the Aussie servers at close to 50ms.