Released 12-02-2015 - RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Feb 12, 2015.

1. matteman

matteman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    I support what your saying mate, Same goes for me. A little underwhelming to say the least :(

2. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    The bug fix in this patch had nothing to do with the visual rotation of the in-game steering wheel, but rather the actual reaction to input from the controller.
    Rotation of the in-game wheel is set in the vehicle settings section of the options menu.

I've been told there was a slight error that might've been the cause of this issue that was hotfixed during the night . Please let us know if the problem with your replays continues.

This is a known bug that we unfortunately did not have time to fix for this patch.
    It will be fixed in an upcoming update though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. B_U_R_I

B_U_R_I New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi. You said in your dev stream to check the Dedicated Server settings and post here.

Will there be an option to have two-race weekends (WTCC format) with 2nd race reverse grid or grid based on reverse qualy results?

Will there be support for custom liveries?

Thanks!

4. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0

About this.

Fanatec CSW V2 is still not well recognize.
    We can't adjust "wheel range" in car setup and need to set "steering lock" by hand (otherwise it's on 13 for any car)
    Wheel Range is "N/A", and no automatic wheel range is possible.
    I hoped this release fix this but it's not the case.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Yes, we are aware and actually unpacked a CSW V2 just yesterday to start working on it.
    Unfortunately it came with a UK power plug which don't fit into our outlets here in Sweden, so we need to find an adapter before we can start.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the reply ;)

Too bad for the power plug :oops:

7. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Great. Thanks for info.
    I wasn't really aware that you don't had a CSW v2 in the office until now. Looking forward to better support for the V2. :)

8. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I'm in the UK. You can send the wheel to me for testing.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. TripleJay

TripleJay Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Not sure if there is misinterpretation of your "Automatic Wheel Range"-Feature. Usually, i set 900° and AllowGameAdjust in Logitech and that's it, sync with any other sim. On R3E i have this aswell, plus the ingame "Wheel only" and 900°, but as example, the Aquila-visuall-wheel-ingame rotates way way further than i do on my dfgt. So whats really meant to be (settings?) or is just bugged on some wheels....basically want the wheel to be sync.

luckily i have 100mbit. gonna download again and give it a go.

10. Furies

Furies Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    "Wheel only" and 900°" set this to 540 for GT cars in order to mach wheel animation with your real wheel rotation. This is only for animation purpose. In garage leave automatic detection.

11. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Last night I wanted to watch some replays from Onlineracing and from the moment it finished loading the Portal-Window popped up, I could click around but the "Return to game" tab didn't work -and no replay of course. Had to close RRE. Strange , isn`t it?

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. MrBiscotte

MrBiscotte Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    Hannes Wallstedt has answered to this issue a few posts before :
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...aceroom-has-been-updated.217/page-3#post-2057

;)

13. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Oh, thx ;).....

14. Leper Messiah

Leper Messiah Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    - Fixed AI overtaking during rolling start.
    woot! No more getting overtaken by Ai at race start! YAY!

15. matteman

matteman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    I retract my previous statement, thanks for the Hotfix S3. o_O

16. Leper Messiah

Leper Messiah Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Just had a test and the rolling start in ADAC GT 2013 class at Hungaroring was MUCH improved, car in 2nd still got the jump on me slightly and I had no chance on cold tyres into turn 1 ...but no-one else got past unlike before where 2-4 would get past me! If it could be tweaked a tiny bit more it'd be perfect and I'd be able to battle for 1st place on more equal terms.

17. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    I did a test race with Aquilas at Bathurst and agree the AI is pretty good now, no crazy stuff, but they actually race you (90%). The Aquila, which I admit I haven't used much, felt pretty good too, good FFB. It was a lot of fun. I'll do that again.
    I also got my newly purchased ADAC 2014 up and going, can confirm that saving sessions in Championship works ( same in DTM 2013). Awesome...thank you. Also, the GT 2014 cars feel great...I was using the McLaren at Zandvoort and the FFB was really good,best yet. I had my headphones on and the noise was fantastic. Great work!!!!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. andyedwards

andyedwards New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    A big thank you to all at Sector 3 for the update !
    Just recently did a championship round in ADAC GT Masters 2014 and all was perfect, real immersion !
    Keep up the great work !!

19. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    This still happens to me (have only tested DTM92 at Laguna, but it happens every time). Before this update, the results were often mixed up, but now it only says "+1 lap" for all AI drivers when I win the race. Which I usually do.

Edit: I have to correct myself, the opponents have actually been +1 lap... Didn't know I was THAT fast! :D

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015