Released 12-09-2017 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Sep 12, 2017.

1. schielchen

schielchen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
  2. GrimeyDog

GrimeyDog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    I dont like the v2.5 wheel profile... It feels weird... The wheel center is very active and Not smooth.... I havent played with the FFB settings much i used the same settings that i have been using with the v2 profile....

The Good tbing is the Auto DOR seems to work correctly ---> it never worked right with the v2 profile ---> the steering is very skiddish and its almost impossinle to turn smoothly.

Whats the Difference between the v2.5 and v2 wheel profilew besides wheel rim buttons Now work.....will the v2.5 higher refresh rate work better Now???? v2.5 =1000Htz v2 =500Htz

3. Miha

Miha New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Огромное спасибо!
    Все советы помогли, и производительность выросла!
    Большой большой респект!)

4. bearr

bearr Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Рад, что помогло! обращайся, если что) мой аккаунт в raceroom Ilya Yurov

• Like Like x 1
  5. Miha

Miha New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Видел) У меня Mikhail Lapanik )

6. -=MadCat=-

-=MadCat=- Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    No luck, further troubleshooting >here< or directly via support ticket even if staff recommends that?
    Thanks @schielchen & @nate trying to help!

7. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    @GrimeyDog

The v2.5 is very different from cswv2 it seems. It's not just the refresh rate and it's quality that borders a DD wheel when properly set (or so I read).

What works on the vs will probably not work in v2.5; in any sim. Starting with the default DRi settings that can cause a bit of "less than stellar" (euphemism) FFB it can really produce.

• Like Like x 1
  8. GrimeyDog

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    I agree 100% I always set Dri to off... No Need for Dri if the FFB settings are right because tbe v2.5 is Drag free.

with the New v2.5 profile the wheel center is very active its Not Oscillation and its Not really Bad it Feels like Super sensitive Road Feel that i Never felt while using the v2 wheel profile...I will readjust My FFB settings to tone it down a bit and repirt back.... I didnt have too much time to tweek with FFB settings this week.

I was hoping 1 of the Devs would clarify what the advantages were because a official v2.5 wheel profile has Now been added...Ex: Would this v2.5 profile capitalize on the v2.5 full potential or is it just wheel rim buttons Now work..... as it is i plugged i My same settings from the v2 profile but there is clearly a difference in FFB feel using the v2 and v2.5 profiles even with identical FFB settings in game and on wheel.

9. miche34

miche34 Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

Implementation of added variables for tires compounds in shared memory with the dashboard 'VdashEmu' of eksimracing. com.
    Great update, thanks to Sector3studio, strongly apply for other cars. :cool:;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. GrimeyDog

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Can Some on tell Me what the FFB Refresh Rate is in i Race Room???

11. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Pretty sure Dri in CSWv2.5 should be -5 @GrimeyDog
    Can you test that in R3E for me please? I'm curious to know about the (undesired?) effects.

wrt to ffb it runs at 400Hz

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. GrimeyDog

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    i have been using DRI 0 in every Game Pcars, R3E, Assetto Corsa and everything has been fine thus far....DRI -5 is if you Need or Like Drag in the wheel.... I like a Drag Free wheel --> the v2.5 subtle FFB without Drag -vs- the v2 the subtle FFB feel is Night and Day different.

I will test it and report back though.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  13. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Yeh the most I've ever used is -2, if I used -5 all the time I would have arms like Arnie..

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    No VR improvement in the last release?

15. Clausewitz

Clausewitz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    I don't know what exactly they have done to the AI/collision physics, but it's such a huge improvement. I think I did as many AI races since patchday as in the (maybe) six month before.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. 1blasius04

1blasius04 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Many thanks! Now I had time for try again, I just tried your proposal when reading your post and it was solved my problem.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  17. 1blasius04

1blasius04 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Where is that logfiles? The steam ID is my profile name, session start time was before at my post.
    Sorry for deficient info, but irritating when if I have 45mins to play and I catch an update session that run abot 30mins, and the sim doesn't start after.
    Now I had time to play again, and the steam local files verifying (as "nate" posted #47) solve the problem.

18. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    I'm just saying -5 seems to be the default.
    I have no doubt after reading others forums that cswv2.5 is quite a bit better. I said it above, it borders DD.

• Like Like x 1
  19. GrimeyDog

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    With the v2.5 I'm really Questioning if i Need or Want to buy the Fanatec DD wheel:eek: I know DD is more powerful but i cant even race with the v2.5 at 100% power...Yes i know your supposed to get better FFB also but i can Feel sooo much more with the v2.5 than i could with the v2 I'm really wondering just how much better could it really geto_O... and its still up to the game to have Good FFB and Physics programming because if that's not there No matter what the wheel Gear, Belt or DD its going to feel like trash... i had the v2.5 almost 1yr now and race room just plugged in Full wheel support but still many games don't have full v2.5 native support ....thus far the FFB feels better with the v2 profile than it does with the v2.5 profile:confused: i don't know if My FFB settings are off or there is a problem with the v2.5 FFB profile.... Im still tweeking with the FFB a bit each dayo_O

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  20. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Sounds familiar to me. And once when it feels fine I just have to change car or track and the next groundhog day starts :rolleyes:
    Did you try the new profile with the wheel's default settings? What I read v2 and v2.5 are quite different (e.g. DRI Off vs. -5) and DRI has a lot of impact on the ffb feeling imho. Apart from that the standard profile is useless for me either :D I'm not sure if the profile was really set up with the default 100%FF and DRI -5