Released 12 February 2016 RaceRoom has been updated (Hotfix patch)

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    12 February 2016
    - Updated game with another hotfix for the crash that occurs in Multiplayer when switching from Qualifying to Race.

• Like Like x 10
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  2. Pastor_Chris

Pastor_Chris Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    You guys are awesome

3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Let's pray they actually are. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Andre Rajkovic

Andre Rajkovic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the quick and great support! Hope the issue is fixed, we will try to send you more infos if not :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Well let's see if it fixes it first :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Lars Otto

Lars Otto Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Nice News. We will test it at today´s evenings Testrace and send you Infos tonight.

cheers

7. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Sonat did you see your wife last weeks because of hard work inside sector3 Studios :D

8. Nordberg_E38

Nordberg_E38 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Bad News..
    Didn't work for me. It's even worse than before.
    I tried to switch to the desktop with ALT+TAB with no reaction.
    Then I tried to switch to the taskmanger with CTRL+ALT+DEL wich ended in a black screen with only the pointer in it.
    The only solution: I had to hard reset my PC.. :(

9. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Have you checked for a crash-dump-file or logs that you can attach here?

10. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Have you seen his wife?
    I have!!!!
    Id be out all day too :)

//// joke!!!
    No i havnt seen her, probably a decent swedish blonde with a cracking smile as all the swedish women ive ever met have been.

Ive only ever met 1!

sorry for the long post.

LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Gareth Smith

Gareth Smith Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    I get the exact same in single player every now and again. More often when I over clocked the GPU less now I've reset it back to default.

12. V8Olli

V8Olli Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    First of all: Thank you guys for all the effort you obviously put into the solution of this problem!

As much as I hate to say it: it seems as if the current hotfix has not solved the issue.
    I am an admin of a newborn RaceRoom-league. Right now, we have about 40 drivers, and we've been testing RaceRoom since the beginning of this year on a weekly basis, on 3 different servers.
    A huge percentage (around 30-40%) of our drivers has already experienced this error at least once, although the number of pilots who are affected regularly is much smaller.
    Unfortunately, we still had a few guys with this type of crash in our testrace today.
    I happened to be one of them.:D

I cant provide you with a "regular" RaceRoom-crashdump since the game never created one (The "Crash Dumps" folder is still empty).
    Maybe this has to do with the necessity to either kill the RRRE.exe-process (if you are lucky and the task manager ist still working) or to manually power off the PC, once the game has crashed?

Today I managed to get into the task manager, and I manually created a dump file of the RaceRoom-application after it had stopped working.
    I was quite surprised by the size of this thing ... 2,31 Gb :confused:
    Would this be of any help to you? If so, please tell me and I'll try to upload it somewhere.

Additionally, we asked our drivers for a description of what exactly they saw and heard when the error occured.
    Surprisingly, only 2 or 3 of them reported that the whole game stopped working instantly, the vast majority (including myself) reported something else:

At first, only the ... hmm, as I have no better term for it, "graphical component" of the game crashes.
    The screen image is completely frozen and, if for example you were in the setup-menu when the error occured, the cursor is also no longer responding.
    However, you can still hear the sound of the other cars (no loop, you can hear them start and drive away). Also, your car is still responding to your steering input - in many cases the affected drivers could hear their own car rev up as they stepped on the throttle, or feel some vibrations in their wheel when other drivers crashed into their standing vehicle. Some of them could even start and drive around blind.
    This state of a "semi-crashed" game sometimes seems to continue forever, but in many cases it only lasts for about 20-40 seconds. Then the sound freezes too, the FFB stops working - and that's the end of the race for you.
    The drivers which are able to start their race without problems usually see their unlucky colleagues standing perfectly normal in the starting grid, yet sometimes on a "shared" position inside of another car.

Interestingly, these symptoms are exactly(!) identical to the ones experienced quite often by drivers who switch (too fast? too often?) between opponents (in the race monitor, or via "+" and "-" when they are on track) during the training or quali sessions.
    Most of our drivers don't dare to visit the race monitor anymore, because if they do, the risk of crashing their game seems to be even higher then when switching from session to session.
    The good thing about this error is that it appears to be somewhat reproducable. I decided to fool around with it a little bit, went into online mode, searched for fairly populated servers, sat in my car (without starting it) and began torturing the "+" and "-" keys. :p If nothing happened after a certain amount of time, I moved on to another server.
    It never took me more than 10 Minutes and 3 Servers until the error occured.
    As I said - the symptoms are the same:
    The screen image freezes, while the game continues to run in the background for some time.
    Sound is there, if you continue to hit "+" or "-" you can clearly hear that the focus still switches from car to car due to the different engine noises. Once I even managed to startup my own car and drive out of the pitlane - with perfect Force Feedback and sound, just completely blind.

Of course this could be pure coincidence, but given the great number of pilots in our league
    reporting exactly the same thing, I am most interested if there are other drivers here who can
    confirm these observations.

I hope this will help you. Keep on your good work! :)

Thanks!

Olli

• Useful Useful x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    @Not Lifting Off,
    you were taped at the Nordschleife, which one were you?;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Nordberg_E38

Nordberg_E38 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    No entry in "C:\Users\...\Documents\My Games\SimBin\Crash Dumps".
    I attached the last entry from yesterday from "C:\Users\...\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\Log". The timestamp matches the time when the error occured. So it should be the right one.

Attached Files:

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    There should be a file called MWTransport......log with the same timestamp, could you add that as well if possible?

I don't think you'd need to upload this big file. (But I'm just guessing here, maybe it would be helpful for the devs, but I've never heard them ask for those until now)
    See above, if you can repro it, attaching the Game....log and MWTransport.....log of that session would help.

Thanks to all you guys for your support.

• Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  16. Nordberg_E38

Nordberg_E38 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. V8Olli

V8Olli Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    All right, thanks for the suggestion. I never knew there was another folder containing logfiles.
    I attached two logs which seem to match yesterdays crash during race start.
    Next time I experience the crash during quali or training session, I'll upload the corresponding logs as well for comparison.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Great, thanks again to the both of you.

19. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    fyi in the dumps created via task manager are essentially the app's RAM in its full state. While I have no idea how raceroom stores its data, I'd not post such files as public links as they may contain your account information.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. V8Olli

V8Olli Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Okay, that's a very good point, thank you! In that case I'd probably try to make some room in my Dropbox, upload it there and then send Sonat the Link via PM, if needed.

In the last hour I played a little bit online and managed to reproduce the frozen screen in Quali (or Training, I was stupid enough to not write it down) session. It was a non-official Server with about 8 players. I sat in my car and started to switch between the Opponents with "+" and "-". After a few seconds, the error occured. Afterwards, I was still able to start my car and drive around in the pitlane (and to end up in a wall, according to the sound :D). So the symptoms are exactly identical to the ones I had yesterday during the race start. The two matching Logfiles are attached.

Attached Files:

• Useful Useful x 2