Released 12 February 2016 RaceRoom has been updated (Hotfix patch)

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    got my first mp disconnect.... :-/

Attached Files:

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    The irony, the fixes may be causes in mp bug for me lol.

3. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys,

We'll go through the logs to see if we can find what's going on. Some of you also gave a detailed description of what you were doing which is very helpful.

Please ping me on forums if you reproduce the crash.

4. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Hope the devs figure this one out, i'm sure it is driving them as well as the players nuts. I have not seen this since the recent updates.

5. V8Olli

V8Olli Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    @Sonat Ozturk
    (I hope this is what you meant by pinging? I'm new here.:D)

Yesterday during a test race, one of our drivers experienced the same error again:
    He was watching the laptime monitor when the quali session ended and his screen froze.
    He was placed in the starting grid and was still able to drive around, but completely blind (he still saw the laptime table). Sound and ffb was still working fine. He had to kill the raceroom-process with the task manager.
    He sent me the two corresponding logfiles, which are attached.

Don't give up! :)

Attached Files:

6. Nordberg_E38

Nordberg_E38 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi.

It's time to nail this thing down. Two attempts this evening - one crash with me standing on the start grid on last position at the end of the grid with no one else in front of me (there should have been 23 drivers in front of me). No sound, no GFX-reaction, no desktop, no taskmanager - hard reset.
    Maybe a temp. solution is to remove the last patch if this is possible instead of me not playing for a few weeks.
    I'm getting fed up with hard resetting my PC a few times a day. :(

Attached Files:

7. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    No fix here, had 4 races last weekend all fine, 2nd one in tonight and a complete lockup.

8. V8Olli

V8Olli Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Today, in our league race, it happened to another driver. Same symptoms: frozen screen, game still working in the background.
    So I have two fresh Logs for you.

Attached Files:

9. Jan Stange

Jan Stange Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Got aswell a crash today during change from Quali to race. Et voilá.
    Hope the crash dump will help a bit.

Attached Files:

10. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Same on my side... I had a crash shortly after the Switch from Quali to race. It was an NSU TTS-Race @ Hockenheim. Before the crash I was driving on the track as the session was over and switched to the race. After the Switch I could see my car but not the cars of my opponents... I could here the Sound but together with the windows warning-sound - and there it ends...

I've attached all I could find... hope that helps...

Attached Files:

11. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Got the crash a few times over the weekend. Next time will post log files.

12. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I think the issue got maybe even worse lately. Last night our league couldn't finish the planned program, bacause the game froze for half of the field during the qualy - race switch. Twice.

13. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    At what time did it happen?
    Was there anything those guys who had it had in common? Like switching servers before entering the one where it happened, damaging the car during quali or in the previous session, stuff like that?

14. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Posted crash dump files yesterday for first time but has happened s**tloads of time, usually at the beginning of session even if sims been left running.
    Now I have a new problem, FFB has gone tits up, all's fine until i enter pits then just flies to right hand lock, undriveable, trying a few of my limited options as in reinstall this, pander to that and dance around room with tea cosy on head but nothing yet, will edit post if there's any change!

Sorted FFB but only on fourth restart of sim, reinstalling drivers etc did nowt but seem to have cured itself :confused: have definitely noticed a few more glitches lately!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  15. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    In my case it always happens in the second race/event on the server, at the moment when it switches from qualy to race. The screen freezes, but you can hear the sounds of the start procedure continuing in the background. My car was not damaged. I'll try to collect info about the others.

16. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. I meant the real time tho, like 7pm or smth.
    But I just now reproduced it, so it's likely not connected to the server load during peak hours.
    But did you use the race monitor to look at others driving?

17. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    crash

Attached Files:

18. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Oh, it was around 10pm. I didn't use the race monitor btw, actually I tried to avoid any possible cause, I clicked on the Drive button, set a lap and just waited for the session to end.

19. Nordberg_E38

Nordberg_E38 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi.
    Away from the "usual bug" (happened once this afternoon) today a new bug appears twice which seems to be related to the "qualy2race-freeze bug".
    After the connection to the MP-Server was established I pressed the "Drive" button (as I usualy do) to took part in the qualifying. But suddenly the screen froze and I got stuck where I was - on the "Menu-Screen". No mouse pointer and no reaction with "ESC". And in the background I could here my engine running. The car even reacted on the pad actions (throttle, acceleration, brakes, etc.) equal to the "qualy2race-freeze bug" where you can hear the others and yourself.
    End of both stories: Hard Reset (I could switch to the desktop and the taskmanager, but in both cases the screen stays absolutely black with only the pointer on it) & no crash logs were generated.

This, together with other annoying things (would be off topic to complain here), brings me close to the point to leave this more & more growing "RRRE-Construction-Site" behind.
    I mean, errors & bugs can happen and developing things take some time and man power - no question. But this extreme bug annoys us for about 2-3 month now and has become even worse since this patch. This is really, really frustrating..

20. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Do you know or think that the server was set to rolling start for the quali session? (The kind of quali where you are alone on track)