Released 15-11-2016 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Nov 15, 2016.

1. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    I've only had a couple of minor glitches. But then I didn't try to get on until about 10hrs ago. Last night for me. I've Had 2 gray screens and one 12003 error with a boot from the game phht! So what.
    I have to remark on the level of complaints and general pissy attitude of some of you in this thread. And I wonder how many of you bitching the most, have ever tried to program anything even close to the caliber of this game. Because if you had, you would probably be a bit more patient and understanding. Just saying.
    Anyway, I really really really like the new single player UI:p. It is almost exactly what Ive been waiting for the most.:smiley:
    Thanks guys, very much appreciated. Keep up the good work.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. pargiNOS

pargiNOS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    I dont bother anymore, its so frustrating.
    I will check again in a week or so. Too bad i spent my vRP for the DTM.

And i dont think is bitching to expect any kind of explanation from the creators. The only thing we hear from them, is a post at twitter. And at today's hotfix not a word about the 503 errors.

• Agree Agree x 5
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  3. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    With any luck we can still have the sunday race at Hungaroring.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. rd.king

rd.king Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I had kept my mouth shut about the excessive clutch damage thinking it was my own fault.
    I'm thinking WTF I drive an H shift Mustang IRL every day but I can't make 3 laps in game.
    change setup try again DOH.

5. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Imagine you bought a car, and every time you started the engine the doors fell off.
    Then when you take it back to the dealership and complain, the guy looks at you and says:
    "Yeah, we know it's a problem. But do you have any idea how hard it is to design doors that stay on?"
    What would your reaction be?

I'm sure it's a hard thing to get all these things working together.
    I sure as hell couldn't do it.
    But then again, I doubt anyone at S3 could do my job either, so what does that prove?
    Even if people agreed that my job is hard, I'm still going to get spanked if I f*ck up.
    You've only had a few errors, good for you. A lot of us have had hours worth of trying to get in, and RaceDepartment has so far had to cancel one race, and presumably tonights one will have to be cancelled as well.

But mostly I'm annoyed that S3 bought themselves a lot of goodwill with the dev-stream, and now it's being squandered on stupid stuff like server-reliability.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  6. kendoslow

kendoslow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    No it won't we appear to have a working game and although the RD sever isn't updated backmarkers is so we are good to go at the present moment.

7. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    J-F, could you look into path of setup files? It still throws them into wrong directory when saving, and then game can't find them. This is bugged since introduction of saving function.

For example for Zandvoort, path looks like this:
    \UserData\CarSetups\Grand Prix
    instead of
    \UserData\CarSetups\Circuit Park Zandvoort\Grand Prix

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Nicolas Leféroce

Nicolas Leféroce Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    503 errors are unfortunately not solved. The new horrible portal is now faster: 30 seconds between each click instead of several minutes ... but a lot of 503 errors !

What a catastrophe :(

On the other hand, I noticed that between yesterday and today, the premium pack has increased by about 300 vrp for me: great ?! ...:oops:

9. pargiNOS

pargiNOS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    There is no go at the moment, we cant enter the game, 503 errors.....

10. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    So, Tuesday, Wednesday and now Thursday the game is totally unplayable.

Not really good enough is it, a professional studio running like amateurs at the moment.

Oh but its a big patch, obviously there are gonna be problems............

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. schielchen

schielchen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    I'm so happy! :D
    The shop's got new colours!!!
    Who cares about the game, when spending money is much more fun now.

• Funny Funny x 5
  12. DaniloE31

DaniloE31 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    I know there is way more things to deal with right now than a feedback to the AI... nevertheless:

As I am one of the few lucky fools who is not affected from the 503 Error, I had a couple of races against the AI and I must say: a quantum leap! :sunglasses:
    They take their chances as soon as you make a small mistake and once they're in front of you, they are not willing to give your place back and defend the position :p
    In doing that still they don't run into you or push you out of the track. They are well beware of you being around them, so you can go side by side in the corner... if you can :). They will leave you enough space to survive.
    As this was (for me) the most annoing issue of the AI behaviour, now I am pleased of the evolution and am happy with it.

So guys be patient for the new patch to work, as it is worth (well... still just my pinhead opinion :D )

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  13. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Agreed, the new AI is alot better.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  14. F_FLETCHER

F_FLETCHER Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I can play the game. Buuuuuuuuuuut ;) some liveries I bought are not available! :eek:
    What`s wrong S3???
    In my account I see I have bought the liveries, but I can`t use! :eek:

The DTM 2016 it`s fantastic to drive, it makes fun!!! THX S3!!! [​IMG]

15. ohioracer

ohioracer New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Well, like the rest of you, I have suffered thru the last few days trying over and over to get in to race with no success. Finally, today, an hour ago, like a miracle from the heavens the game loads up, faster than ever before, i see no smoking ooops!!! 503 warnings in the fifteen seconds it took to get to the first screen, clicked single player, practice and was in a car with in 30 seconds. Ran flawlessly. So who knows? maybe it matters where your at on the planet and we can't all use it at the same time so i figured I got my 60 minutes of fun, i'll get off now and let somebody else enjoy for a little while. Maybe just for a little excitement, i will try again in a couple hours and see if it works twice in a row.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    See all you have to do is have a little faith in the team..:)

17. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    While it still took a long time to finally enter a race with the new Audi TT, I had a great race with the also new AI. Much improved. Dare I say it is the best AI I ever met... ?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. -=MadCat=-

-=MadCat=- Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    GT3 increased by 266, Legends Experience by 51 and the premium pack by about 500 (that is out of memory with 51## yesterday). Mind you, nothing changed contentwise to yesterday!
    Indeed a great update today...

Now feel free, go ahead and flame me everyone.
    To me it now is the difference from yesterday, having about enough vRP left in the back hand for the premium pack at some point, to today, not having enough anymore.
    And I already made a checklist for content to be released before I pull that "joker".
    Sorry that I am a little irritated at the moment!

P.S.:
    Contrary to many others now reporting for it to work, I still got unresponsive milky screens with the occasional 503 errors inbetween!

19. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Let's just wait until about 1600GMT tomorrow when the next peak period starts to hit.
    If the servers hold up all through the evening, then I'll agree with you. ;)

20. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    is it just me or do the colors appear more vivid? (grass on tracksides etc). Replays actually look even more like real life broadcasts than before. I have to rub my eyes...

Raced the AI on Sachsenringin GT3. Holy shit they drive amazing and are tough. Best AI I encountered in a racing game so far. But somehow there are significant differences: The "adaptive" AI in the new Audi TT 2016 is nearly unbeatable for me. I always finish last with the one in front of me couple seconds faster than me.
    In the GT3 cars on the other hand they are pretty on par with me, you can overtake even if it's hard. Why's that?
    Maybe I'm just too stupid to drive the FWD car properly around the corners. I have to lower the AI to 105 instead of adaptive to have the slightest chance. In GT3 AI to 112 is challenging but I still have chances. Adaptive AI in DTM 2016 is very good like in GT3 class.

Heck, my TT 2016 is at the limit driving through a long corner and there comes Mr. AI on the inside passing me with 10 km/h plus and I am struggling not to leave the track in this corner. Why can he be faster while driving such a narrow corner radius?