Released 16-07-2015 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    16-07-2015

Game:

• Fixed an issue in spectator mode where the wrong slot was sometimes assigned.

• Reverted the change that made full screen off by default.

• Changed it so that if the full screen mode fails to initialize, the game starts in a windowed mode with a safe resolution 1280x720.

• Added additional logging for resolution related issues.

• Fixed an issue with symbolic links causing menu assets to not show.

AI, & Camera

• Zandvoort - Modified TV cameras for GP layout.

• Mazda Laguna Seca - Fixed cut track detection for T1 and pit exit area. This was being exploited in the leaderboards and the currently ongoing Thrustmaster sponsored competition. The leaderboards (including the competition leaderboard) for this track have been wiped clean.

Art

• Oschersleben - Fixed a collision issue with pitlane objects.

• Shanghai - Performance optimizations.

• Zolder - Various art fixes and windmills mentioned in previous patch notes are now properly in.

• Like x 19
    • Winner x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Love it! x 1
    • Wonderful x 1
  2. kemenyakos044

kemenyakos044 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hey guys
    i can't set a laptime in the thrustmaster event
    i don't cut anything but it doesn't appear in the leaderboard
    maybe it's too early to set a laptime?

3. MPN64

MPN64 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the update - Shanghai is much better now for me.
    Wish you would have fixed the save setup bug on shanghai. It saves the setups to the root folder of setups not the track folders. Makes R3E always load default setup for the cars at Shanghai.

Still an great update, I am off to Paul Richard now....:)

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  4. Jan Stange

Jan Stange Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Nothing to add for my previous speaker. Huge thanks for Shanghai optimzation - can finally enjoy this track much more.
    I'm aswell off to this amazing HTTT in the south of France. ;-)

5. Clover

Clover Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Something is very wrong with the Laguna Seca Leaderboard, no times are being recorded at all. And the same problem for the Thrustmaster event, my times do not get recorded.

6. kemenyakos044

kemenyakos044 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, i have the same problems!

7. tiagosousagarcia

tiagosousagarcia Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Oh, I hadn't even noticed this! Just made a quick test, much better than before. Still a bit of fps drops but now for me only with a full grid, and not nearly as unplayable as it once was. Great work guys, thank you for this!

• Like Like x 1
  8. coolcool

coolcool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +163 / 0 / -0
  9. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Dat rogue Japanese truck! Gets everywhere!

10. tiagosousagarcia

tiagosousagarcia Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    When do we get CASTER seting on the cars so we can set them up right to suit for different tracks as they should be ??
    It is still to much ducktailing* (*heavy rear end that has its own life) on all cars for just the smalest misstake and sudenly it feel like you're on the track with your moms stationwagoon.. :/ And it is totaly uinrecoverble, your jus in for the ride untill it stops. And allways all the way to a fence/railing no matter how far away it is or what you do it wont stop until it hit the wall.
    ( that's what I call magnetic railing )
    That is NOT how it is on most cars, specialy not racecars on a track.. I know overdoing PLENTY can and mostly give that outocome on a racecar if your not prepared for it (and many other orednarey cars to) but that is extrem an in most cases it is posible to recover for smaler mistakes and bumping in to other cars, if you know how to drive..
    Now it is not posible to recover no matter what you do, soon as it give away you can just go and grab some Te and wait untill its over and stops.!
    Can we PLEASE have a patch update SOOOOON with the posibility to set the caster angle right?!?

Part from that behavior on the cars, they behave absolutly amazing and sound is dreamy awesome :D
    AI is also behaving great and a lot more like a racedriver on a track, great work :D

Well I think this is important, I know there are alot more that agree with me on this and want this function available yesterday. ;)

That's all! Thank you for all amazing work you do on this game it is fantastic ^-^ :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  12. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Hey
    Can you please try now and let us know if it records your lap time?
    Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  13. kemenyakos044

kemenyakos044 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Now it's fine!
    thank you!

14. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Tryed Laguna Seca Leaderboard, it works just fine ;)

15. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Good to hear. Thanks for letting us know. The backend was still remembering the old entry due to cache. Sorry about that.

• Like Like x 4
  16. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I have no problems recovering slides. Not even when I'm using the 360.. .

17. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    shanghai runs smooth as silk for me now !!! THANKS !!!

18. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    " First said! Yes I know my grama and speling is terrible but I bet you can understand most of it anyways. :p "

I have no problem correcting with normal litle overdoing slides, I even provoke them some time. What I am refering to is,
    Example: if you push to the limet in a curve and some more and lose it litle to much and try to corect it even if you are fast enough you wont get it with out a couple tailwiping and you will lose it no mater what you do you need to slow down alot and fast or end up in the wall. (some of it is normal ofcause) And here come what is not working! As it should work a corect caster tend to force the front wheel to make the car want to go straight by it self, so puting more throtle the right amount to corect a slide will do so and straighten the car up and you're back in controll. If caster is to low you will end upp with bigger slide when you try to use throtle to correct a slide. With lower angle caster you have to easy let of throtle and some break to corect a slide and do it fast or lose it. So trying to use throtle to corect a slide with low caster give you more uncontrolable slide and a notorious backfliping the other way and your of the track or spining a 360. That is typicle for a car with low caster like older modles Volvo, BMW, Porche and Jaguars and some more that have a caste of +1 to +3 att the most.
    ( a race car and most modern cars specialy highpreformance cars have a angle higher than +5 some even up to +9). Caster angle is the front suspension angle compared from "front wheel" centrum 0 degre straight up, a +1 to +3 degre angle ( plus meen it's lening toward backwheels) you can take tight curvs and turn easy but are very instable in higher speeds specialy when accelerating hard and usulay tend to flip 180 or do the hole 360 on you if you over do things, that is typicle for low caster setings..

Caster and front camber are a work in symbios if it is not correct a car behave iraticle when pushed hard and hard to get to go straight when accelerate hard, even sometime when you are way within the limits too.

Like a shopingcart have a negative caster on the wheels to make it easy to turn around tight corners in a store and that is also why they woble around like crazy when you push it around and horible to get to go straight specialy if you push faster, wheels start to jump around = realy low caster. :p

But only car I've noticed that actualy have almost correct caster is the IMSA Audi 90 quatro (ofcause it helps that it is 4xdrive) and with that it's posible to show how a back wheel driven car should behave in a slide. A correct set caster will give same result for a rearwheel powerd car (but wider slides) if you get a slide you can drive it out accelerat it away that is correct caster and that is not posible with any cars in the game as it is now exept the Audi90quatro.

Well enough about it! Fact is caster angle is extremly important to be able to corect it depending on if it is a track with a lot of tight narrow curvs, a lot of straights, to have different setings make a world of difference.
    Every track need different caster seting to get maximum preformance of the car on the track.
    (yes a lot of tracks are seting almost the same, but far from all).

I have a Youtube clip from Suzuka circuit east course where I drove the Audi90quatro first lap I overdo it a bit in the curvs and it is more like a rearwheel car behave in same situation if you push it litle over the edge, second lap is mor even and controled as you would get with a 4xdriven car, using the 4wheel drive to corect it ... less sliding. ;)

Though I add this clip to from Sonoma Raceway - Long course where I am taking the Audi 90 quattro IMSA GTO on a morning practice, pushing it to the edge :p I know it is a 4xdriven car but behavior toward a rearwheel driven car shouldn't be that big. Yes a rearwheel get bigger slides if you over do it but it slides when losing grip sideways same way as the quatro do. Difference is, it are harder to correct with rearwheel cars but it is not imposible if you can drive and car are set up the right way. No I do not want to drift NO WAY! but still it should be possible to correct the care in the same maner if it accidently get pushed over the edge. that's what I am saying. Now it is not possible, du to wrong caster setings on the cars
    ( caster and camber are not in symbios )

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  19. Sebbl

Sebbl Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I actually find it quite easy in RRRE to regain control, when things get a bit loose. Way easier than in some other sims out there.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Yes I agree, but it is not correct only thing I say and I wish ther could be a seting for it. ;) I love RRRE far best sim ever :D