Released 19th December 2018 - Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    And then, the Group 5 cars joined the Div.I in DRM to add a bit more to the confusion :D

2. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Cannot thank the team enough. Wonderful job!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Would be nice to have all the class cars in different colours on the position bar but just tried this with crew chief and second monitor and its just fantastic, second monitor shows you faster cars coming and slower cars in front and crew chief tells you.:sunglasses:

4. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Introducing the AI Selector is my finest Xmas present so far (well.its still a few days ahead). Went directly to Silverstone (International ) at sunset for a a GT123 /P2 Battle and it worked like charm , tho you have to chose your opponents wisely in reference to the track layout and car class you want to use - for best results.It's such a good decision you guys are focussing more on funtionality and ironing out rough edges since the last two patches - highly appreciated. And comparing to the competitors like RF2 and AC /ACC its simply stunning what you've got out of that "ol" DX9 Engine, while now one can start to dream again how well polished RRE will look and feel once V1.0 (incl. DX11) will show up on the horizon....to me the best looking sim already.
    Btw. : Just one, two issues I noticed during my Multiclass Session : The faster cars are still a little bit too "anxious" to pass slower cars - much much better like way back with GTR2 of course. And I noticed that the time out mode for cars that had a breakdown (damage, accident) doesn't work properly: They remain on track (Silverstone International) so that you get yellow flags all the time passing that zone. And before I forget: Arranging single player events with two races the starting grid option (only checked "Result R1" with DTM 16)still doesn't work: the majority of cars retire after Pitstop....

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  5. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    I also just noticed the crew chief warns you "Slower cars ahead fighting for position".

I have to say i'm really impressed by the quality of ai in multiclass racing, considering this is only the first attempt and it will be improved in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  6. 2Lame2Aime

2Lame2Aime Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    Everything besides AIs pit stop strategy is just awesome. Multiclass in SP is just phenomenal.

7. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    recent steam reviews: very positive! :eek:

• Wonderful Wonderful x 3
  8. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Still need more recommendations so we can reach Flawless level. :D

So if you guys haven't already, please consider giving us a thumbs-up on Steam.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  9. vmaki

vmaki Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for the Ai selector. It's more than what I could have hoped for! I just did a 20 minute race with the gto classics and the nsu at Karlskoga. I was able to lap the nsu field twice and had a big smile doing it. I had to limit the number of AIs though to around 20. I tried 45 (if I remember correctly) at Imola and it was pretty choppy. My cpu needs upgrading for sure! Will the game benefit from more then 4 cpu cores?

Again thank you and have a merry christmas!

10. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    I noticed a slight oddity in single player multiclass races when you finish the race. For those cars that didn't cross the line yet, the game obviously calculates a reasonable finish time, but for slower classes that have been lapped already, the game seems to use the number of laps of the overall winning car for the calculation. In my case, the winning car of the slowest class appeared with a finish time of more than 30 minutes although the race was only 25 minutes long with 2:00 lap times.

11. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Well, I was running 51 AI's at Silverstone sunset and never got under 55 FPS (pit area only, in average around 75 FPS +/-) with high to maxed out GFX, but it surely depends on the track as well....System is a Ryzen 5 Multicore, 16GB RAM, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, Win 10. Afaik RRE specifically doesn't benefit from Multicore but anyway: If you really have an old system running by upgrading it you will get a signifikant boost most definitely....
    About the AI selector I was very pleased not just to find some random tool but a nicely implemented Editor that, at a first glance, leaves nothing to be desired...
    Sector 3 gets real !! :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    It does seem the overall winner gets the checkers but if your a lap down you still have to complete the lap you lost before you get the checkers, normally if your behind the winner when he finishes and crosses the line and your 1 lap down your race is over as well, last night i was behind the leader and a lap down, after he crossed the line and the checkers came out for last lap, i followed for that lap and crossed the line after him, i slowed down thinking i had finished but realised i had to do 1 more lap. Not 100% sure if that is exactly what happened but will repeat race tonight, same cars and track and see what happens.

13. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Running 35 cars in P1, P2 and GT3 at Spa on my old rig. No problem. Fantastic driving P2 in the middle, passing GT3 and looking out for P1's. Bravo!

14. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Acknowledged. A fix is already being worked on.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  15. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Did a AI Race yesterday finally with a selection of AI. Great.

Took some GT3, GT4, WTCR and Caymans on the GP Layout at Eurospeedway.

Last corner before entering SF Straight there where couple of incidents mainly with the WTCR. Nearly every Lap a spin with yellow flags.

Second what looked strange was the "drifting" of the GT3 cars in the corner. They have very much oversteer. Look unnatural compared with the real races.

16. Exiled Scotsman

Exiled Scotsman Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the Christmas Multi-Class!!

17. SVG BIOSPORT

SVG BIOSPORT Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Bad Santa! ... Elementary error not fixed ...
    Hillclimb Icons - KATHAN ... [​IMG]

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  18. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Maybe you should start fixing your own errors first ...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  19. SVG BIOSPORT

SVG BIOSPORT Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Martin or Martini ... You're right!
    I didn’t have Brands Hatch in the Asseto Corse ...
    Now I have! ...

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  20. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    This is by no means meant as a criticism, only an observation. I did a second multi-class race with P1, P2, GTR3 and GTR4 with a 20 min practice, 10 minute qualification and a 30 minute race at 110% AI and 32 total cars.
    The P1 and P2 cars were not capable of taking the outside line through the carousel and would repeatedly tap the rear of the GTR3 Corvette I was driving. All other turns at RA they were capable of running side by side, or taking an open opportunity I provided.
    As I mentioned in my earlier post the contact is noticeable as you would expect and manageable, just that the P1 and the P2 are more than capable of taking the outside line through the carousel without an issue and make a clean pass.

Edited copy of my original post on RD below;
    ...I had to try the multi class with Group 4, 5 and a few DTM '92 sprinkled in at Road America ...
    If the AI in this race is any indication of other classes/cars/tracks it is phenomenal and can't wait to get into an AI multi-class championship aka IMSA.
    The faster cars were aggressive at all the right places and times, if there was a touch it was an appropriate amount of force and didn't cause the car to react in an unexpected way. It felt as though I knew where the contact was, not just the car being upset in a general sense, but the rear left for example.
    Absolutely awesome.