Released 20-04-2017 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Beastux

Beastux Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +281 / 0 / -0
    But, as I said, why can I still see some laptimes that were done by other competitors before the update and not mine? There are many competitors whose times are still valid (for example, I was 1st on the BMW M1 at Oschesleben and my laptime has disappeared whereas the 1.31:519 of Jörn Bloitzheim, who was 2nd, is still there).

2. sbXII

sbXII Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Because they are older than yours.
    Maybe the servers aren't up to date.

3. Beastux

Ratings:
    +281 / 0 / -0
    Maybe...

4. Beastux

Ratings:
    +281 / 0 / -0
    But I'm not sure. For example, the 51.853 laptime made by Sascha Miesterfield with the BMW M1 @ Norisring is younger than mine (I was 1st before he made this lap).

5. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    I'm having doubts too. Some days ago I did a time there, it's deleted now but the other times... Have they been registered since today update? I have some doubts... Can developers check that they deleted all recorded times?

EDIT: Like there, my time is deleted but I'm surprised that there's already 21 recorded times since some hours. My feeling is that Leaderboards are not played so much.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  6. sbXII

sbXII Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I think they will have a look into.

I noticed cockpit cam movement is now activate. I never activated it.

7. Beastux

Ratings:
    +281 / 0 / -0
    I mainly drive in "vintage" classes and I know the names of my competitors (I had even listed some laptimes in Excel...). Some are still there (with their laptimes) and most of them (me included) have disappeared.

8. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    There's clearly something wrong with the leaderboards, some random laps are disappeared, but they are still there in the HUD when you are in leaderboard challenge.
    To all the people here who say the leaderboards are cleaned up on purpose : you are WRONG !

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Thanks to confirm my doubts.
    I see you are a serious leaderboard player (Excel ^^), I like too, now I go register again a time on Nordschleife with FR3, lot of fun! :)

Maybe the developpers only deleted the best times?
    I suppose it's related to changes on tire temperature?

10. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    You're right, I see I'm first on Nordschleife/FR3... without to be in the leaderboard. Maybe a bug cause we still have the ghost/time-attack files in game folders.

11. Beastux

Ratings:
    +281 / 0 / -0
    No, because I was 2nd with the BMW M1 @ Norisring and the 1st is still there. I don't find any of my laptimes with any class (even GTR2 or GTR3).

12. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    I moved my time attack files for Nordschleife and I still see my name in position bar even if I can't find my name anymore in leaderboard.
    Maybe a display bug on leaderboard frontend.
    I go register a time and see what happens...

• Like Like x 1
  13. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    The leaderboards are getting cleared from time to time, when there was something changed which can have an impact on the times. Changes can be physics or BoP related or not to forget changes of the Track an the cutting-detection.
    The Times gets deleted than, as it might be impossible to achive the old times after the change.

The Ghost-Files are stored local, so you will get the old ghost before the board gets cleared again. But maybe the ghost is driving a line, which you can't drive again after the cut-detection was changed. Red-Bull-Ring is a good example for that.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Yes but it's not the case here, you should read the last posts. Some times have been deleted and some are still there without apparent reason.

Also, I just did a time on Nordschleife with FR3. My previous one was 6:16 (apparently deleted from leaderboard, but I'm now sure the actual best time -6:19.742- was already there few days ago) and I just did 6:22+, but I still don't appear in the ranking, also the game didn't display anything like "your new position is xxx".
    So I conclude that my 6:16 time is still recorded on the server but it isn't loaded by the leadboard front-end, when it is loaded by the game when I drive, cause the position bar shows I'm first in Division 1 with 6:16.

So there's really a bug, but it was already confirmed by beastux. :)

15. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    I have to agree, the last time the boards were cleaned there was a hell alot of times that were not removed.. if they are going to be restarted then just wipe the lot.

16. Monty

Monty Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    For me, all of the cars have 900 degrees of steering wheel impact, although in the vehicle setup is less adjusted (original values from the game DTM 2016 450 degrees, GTR3 540 degrees, etc.).
    Deutsch:
    Bei mir haben auf einmal alle Fahrzeuge 900 Grad Lenkradeinschlag obwohl im Fahrzeug Setup weniger eingestellt ist (orginal Werte vom Spiel DTM 2016 450Grad , GTR3 540Grad usw.). :(
    Wheel Fanatec CSW 1,5

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  17. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Update on the leaderboards :
    All my times are back in the leaderboards, so problem solved for me :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Beastux

Ratings:
    +281 / 0 / -0
    Same for me. I just have to go back on track.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Jezziem

Jezziem New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Sure I read that, but they updated the display and not the dash itself, which still has wrong air vents...

20. jimortality

jimortality Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Is having the wrong air vents spoiling your enjoyment?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2