Released 20-10-2015 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Oct 20, 2015.

1. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    shift effect is a canned effect but thier might still be a small yank based of the physics.

2. Kjell Eilertsen

Kjell Eilertsen Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    I know it's canned, and I really don't like it, which is why I set it to 0%
    I was also thinking it could be physics related, and it makes a lot of sense on a FWD car, but on a RWD? I don't expect to feel that in my wheel, in my butt yes but not the wheel. But I might be wrong on that. Just reporting my findings so they can have a look at it if they wish, I'd rather not have it as I find it a bit disturbing.

3. Sean Lander

Sean Lander Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    Much happier with new Physics. Cars have a better sense of weight and I can brake much later with more confidence now.
    Have already shave 3/10ths off my fastest lap time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    There's also a sharp jolt just as you go over the crest at the top of the hill.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Kjell Eilertsen

Kjell Eilertsen Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Do you mean the one on the crest if you keep very left just before the first short straight? That was in before this update, been there for as long as i can remember, dunno if it's there IRL though.

Scratch what I said about default profile for CSW v2, I just remembered that the default comes with 100% steering rack which I had reduced to 0%. Just tried the proper default and I guess it's "ok", I don't particularly like the steering rack feel and I think it adds to the "floaty feeling" some people are complaining about tbh. Besides I turn off all canned effects but kerb.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Manolete

Manolete Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hello .. where to turn this disableReplay

7. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    you have to add that option in Steam:
    Set Launch Options
    1. Right-click on the game title under the Library in Steam and select Properties.
    2. Under the General tab click the Set launch options... button.
    3. Enter the launch option -disableReplay and click OK.
    4. Close the game's Properties window and launch the game.
    Or have a look here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1040-JWMT-2947&l=english

• Like Like x 1
  8. rubenforos

rubenforos Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Hello!! first of all thanksizes for the great work you are doing. this game will end up being a reference in the simulation, but this latest update is a very important thing that has been lost in terms of feelings on FFB. but the only thing that I find very important is not correct in the FFB is the following:
    1. the FFB is noted as a fixed force, ie does not vary on high-speed corners, straight or low corners, always the same force, leaving to notice the support in curve and subtracts that many sensations, but many.
    2. cars give a sense of floaty ... and asphalt texture has lost enough, especially in the car straight to see how it goes bouncing lightly but on the steering wheel not notice anything ... forgive my English and above I am trying to say this in a friendly and constructive. I love this simulator and desire to continue the line of great upgrade, but I think that is having very important to check these points ffb since the rest is simply incredible.

9. Manolete

Manolete Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hello ... 'running not for me? .. not for recording and records buelata term .. thanks

10. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Do you start the game directly in Steam?

11. Manolete

Manolete Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    yes

12. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hm, than I'm not sure what's the reason... maybe someone else can try that feature? I'll do too but cannot make it before tomorrow evening

• Like Like x 1
  13. AzkarateAsi

AzkarateAsi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    I will try it for you as soon as i finish downloading the game

• Like Like x 1
  14. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    it works for me

15. AzkarateAsi

AzkarateAsi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    I reinstalled the game but I have the same issue when I enter a race after the loading screen the game crashes
    [​IMG]
    here is the crash file

Attached Files:

16. jayblue

jayblue Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Having done some testing today overall i think the new build is an improvement. I had to tweak my FFB settings to get some feel back in the steering, updated cars seem to have a heavier feel to the FFB compared to cars still having the old spec. Agree with other comments that maybe it is time to take another look at the default FFB parameters to make sure everyone is getting the best experience out of the box. For example having a default setting of 300% for vertical force on a T500 RS is far too high imo.

Notable good points of the build are the improved FPS performance and optimization. My game is running much more smoothly even with the settings cranked up a notch, great job. The Silhouette series is much improved, i like that all of the cars have a different character to drive and the new skins really add an extra dimension to things. For me the Aquila is the most improved car, it really has the feel of racing car now. So on the free content side of things i think these new changes will really help people see R3E has great potential.

The new physics on the GT cars i am not 100% on yet. The changes are not as pronounced as i was expecting and i think in some way they have lost a little of their soul to drive, but as i haven't spend a lot of time tweaking the setups etc i am reserving judgement for now.

Overall i think the game is continuing to take good strides forward and most importantly it still has that enjoyment factor to play. Would like to see some new features for the next build like the ability to load and save car setups, brake and radiator duct settings like GTR2, a fix for the AI crashes at the hairpins at Macau and Hockenheim and a real time daylight cycle.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. FredTheBaddie

FredTheBaddie New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The FFB in the new physics cars is amazing!

BUT -

1) The ADAC GT3 cars now have ABS.
    2) The Aquila now has auto rev-matching on downshifts and auto throttle cut on upshifts.

These make them seriously boring to drive. I hate ABS in general, but braking and throttle control are the absolute essence of controlling a car. Will these changes be permanent? I wish there was a master option to turn these two 'features' off.

18. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    gt3 cars are made to be easy to drive that was idea behind them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. FredTheBaddie

FredTheBaddie New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The ADAC GT3 cars did not have ABS before the update, unlike the class just called 'GT3' in game.

20. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    I believev AGT has ABS in real life.

• Agree Agree x 1