Released 20-10-2015 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Player'S choice. The point of "Factory" is that you cannot switch on a system that in reality is not there. Switching something off that is there, is left to player's decision. Which is good. Why enforcing one player's preference on all others?

2. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    Right..! If the FIA says they want ABS then every car/team in this series has to have this system. And yes it will be adjutable a bit. Thats something i want to see also in R3E at some point.

3. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0

If your choice is about "factory" you made your choice.. If it's come to disable things that you will not be able to in the real car I don't get the thinking process of this, it's against the logic. o_O
    Otherwise you don't go for "Factory" and use your own think (without ABS if really that something you want)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Kjell Eilertsen

Kjell Eilertsen Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    For me seeing 2 steering wheels is weird.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    At least the DTM 2015 cars seem to have a little more detailed damage system than the 2013 and 2014 cars. Maybe it's the first step and sooner or later all cars will get a better damage model?

6. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    DTM2015 still act like tank when hiting a wall fast :rolleyes:
    You may have more visual damages, but the car will still ride fine.

In general car are way too solid in this game

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    If the system cannot be switched off by team, okay. But if there is a way for the pit crew or the driver to have it switched off, or alter its intensity, then Factory means that it is up to the driver what he wants.

The main point of Factory settings is to not be able activating system that in reality cannot be activated as well, for they are not being there.

And how I run a heavily regulated season car in a private testing session, with or without ABS and if with ABS then how much effectiveness, if settings are possible for that used system - must be nobody else's concern than mine. ;) regardinbg season races, if rules just say that ABS has to be installed but does not rule that it necessarily must be used, it should be up to the driver to chose.

Heck. How I missed this eternal debate about absolutes and principles of ABS and TC yes or no from the aC forums... :D Some people became so fanatic over it there that their fingertips started smoking, I swear.

In the end is as simple as this: I prefer to have more freedom of choice than less choice. Simple. At least for single player, that is a no-brainer. How admins set up their servers, is their thing. Their sever, their rules, period. The few times I go online on the Nordschleife, I use to bail out immediately when I realise the race setup is not what I want to have in that moment.

8. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    You'll not find any real driver/crew team that will intentionally deactivate things like ABS... This is crazy !
    And for sure not "on the fly"
    ABS is a major gain or performance, if their allowed to use it THEY WILL USE IT ! I do not know any serious driver that will say: "Get rid of this ABS I'm faster without" (we are not in the 80's anymore when ABS was so jerky)

Only people who want to drive for fun try to deactivate it, not does who RACE.

I'll always find amazing sim racer that want realism, but want choices that doesn't exist IRL and that real driver will never have/make. It's a little bit paradoxical.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    my wheel is set to 900 degrees, i even reset my computer & tried again -- the game itself seems to be doubling down on adjusting it to 450.

and thanks skybird, i did use a g27 but have switched to thrustmaster, it does seem my wheel has a similar method of changing DOR on the fly so i will try that. (edit -- seems to be only an option when using it with the xbox, so thats out)

10. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    I post later a racecrash Video. Then you know what i mean with a damage System :)

11. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    So when are we getting the Nissan/Ruf/Ford GT in the GT3 class so we can drive?

12. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    are you changing it in the car setup menu?

13. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    I've been holding out on commenting about the update for a while to get everything right. Honestly, it's a definite improvement. The GT3's feel much more planted, the floaty feeling isn't there anymore (maybe a tiny bit) but the cars themselves feel more "correct". I could see the argument that they feel easier to drive but they're GT3's, that's kind of the point. I'll trust the real life racecars drivers over random "experts" on the Internet on feedback, that's for sure.

The optimizations are good too, I'm happy for that. I think I'm getting around 10-15 FPS more on average which is pretty solid, especially considering I don't have a beastly 2015 rig.

I did try out the default FFB settings as I mentioned in another thread but I reverted back to my old one. I'm one of those people that when they find something that works, I won't mess around with it too much and I'll recommend everyone do the same.

Overall, good job S3. Here's hope the DTM 1992 and Touring Classics get the same treatment soon :cool:

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  14. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Had a few issues regarding MP after update :

- Cockpit display (DTM 15) remains blank sometimes/ no data displayed (speed, position, times, lapcounter) or
    - HUD in Cockpit fails sometimes (I generally use the gear HUD which is actually the only feedback I really need - beneath the engine sound) - might have something to do with the new opponent-cockpit view ?
    - Wheel started to act weird two times (sudden short disconnect, de-calibrated another time - remained misaligned in both cases - had to reconnect and restart the game - never had that before this way)
    - Still get "no response to server" messages occasionally (on open servers) but figured out that you mostly need just a little more patience when selecting your favorite car - had just to wait a moment longer before doing so....

15. The Monk

The Monk Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Quite happy with the update, can find nothing wrong with the changes, though i do miss the differential settings on some cars, but bow down to realism :)

Not had any issues, apart from one session hanging on me.

GT3 cars feel nice to me, I actually, in contrast to some posts I have read here, find them a little more edgy rather than easy, maybe it is simply "different." They feel a little looser in the rear end under braking, at least my beloved Corvette does, and the R8 is actually fun now (was not a huge fan of it before) Enjoying the DTM 15 cars as well, in the limited time I have had in them. Hoping the new physics gets pushed to other classes soon, the older DTM 92 cars would be great(er)

What I am pleased about is the changes to the available free content, unlocking those cars and the tweaks made is a great step forward in enticing potential customers in. That is a lot more choice now. I just spent an hour or so banging around in Canhard/Cougar variations and they are a heap more fun to drive now, not so twitchy, but still tail happy enough to be a lot of fun. I expect to be spending a lot more time in them now.

It was nice to see the same unlocks for the Prototypes as well, even though I recently bought one of them so my 2 dolla wasted there lol.

I do think that it should be considered to make one more track available for free, as that selection is still very limited. Something like Hockenheim, and iconic track that many more people are familiar with, being unlocked would go a long way to interest new players.

A very nice step in the right direction. Will have to finally get around to doing that Steam review, as I am feeling rather positive about this title now.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    not Hockenheim please, its too similar to Portmao. I think we need a more traditional style track with road as the "road" and grass and dirt as "not the road." (something for lower powered cars when they release the formula ford)

17. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Sad to say it's the exact contrary to me...i'm having a huge loss in fps in some tracks...in hockeneim for example I can even loss 25 fps when hitting curbs in some areas of the track...

18. The Monk

The Monk Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Do we have such a track? Mid Ohio? I only suggested Hock due to it's well known name via F1, to give new players something familiar, because to be honest, I had not seen Portimao in any other title except this one, and only seen it raced via streaming the Blancpain stuff. but regardless of which track, still think there needs to be an extra one.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  19. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    If you're using a G27 I found going to control settings in sim, then advanced and fully rotate wheel in both directions cures it, saves going out of sim to do it, cured itself for me and have no idea when or why it started and as I said sorted itself out!

20. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    sure three of my favorite tracks are all like this, Zandvoort, Zolder (which has narrow carpets but they are after large enough curbs you dont use them) and bathurst.

• Like Like x 1