Released 20-10-2015 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Oct 20, 2015.

1. The Monk

The Monk Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Is this at Hockenheim? I just did a few laps in one of the Cougar's, deliberately drove over every curb and ran half the AI off the track, didn't get any noticeable slowdown.

Edit, just saw your new post. I'll check in the DTM 15 cars.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dan Speelman

Dan Speelman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    I'm seeing this bug too. Just now I qualified 8th, the pre race standings put me first, then when the race starts I'm in last. So far the races have been with WTCC13, Touring Classics, DTM92, and ADAC13 within the standard Raceroom experience.

3. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    yes it is known by the devs.

4. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    so tryied the pther cars and seem i do not have this problem (or at least not at all) but i think this video will sum up my problem with dtm 2015...hope some

5. Eugen Sechel

Eugen Sechel Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Wow I always thought I was the weird kid on the block with these issues. Good to hear it's not really resource-related and I'm not alone, but sorry for you guys. When I can test I'll try different settings and let you know how this impacts my machine. If we all do this maybe we'll find the culprit.

6. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    don't have lot of things to test :p i already have everythings on low except for shaders and car textures that are on medium...and shadows are disabled...shame that the entire game run much better with latest update except fot this combo...

Edit : just noticed it happen even with the nurburgring...at this point I think I should check all the tracks in the experience...

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  7. Glen Kabis

Glen Kabis Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +199 / 0 / -0
    Sorry haven't read all your posts but is this only happening with the DTM 2015 cars for you? They're the only ones with the dirt pickup on tires at the moment so it could be related to that if it's not happening in any other cars.

I've made a report in the internal bug tracker though so a dev will take a look at it when they get a chance.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. The Monk

The Monk Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    I agree with Glen, this could be a issue with the new tire or physics. I had a suspicion this might be the case the other day. I can't seem to replicate it on my end, on get an odd little stutter every now and again with I thought is mostly down to the track l detail level I have but maybe there is a deeper issue. I'll play around again in a bit and see if I can get it as bad as that. I don't tend to run as wide there as in your video.

9. The Monk

The Monk Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0

Ok just ran some tests on my end in various cars. GTM Corvette, G5 BMW, GT2 Ruf, Canhard, Cougar, DTM 92 'Stang, DTM 14 BMW and finally DTM 15 BMW an I could replicate teh stutter almost every lap, but only in the DTM 15 BMW so I hope that maybe that helps to narrow it down for the devs. My stutter not quite as bad as yours but on that same curb, as soon as I come off the blue onto the green I get a huge fps loss spike.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Thanks glen for that :) so...done a few tests and I recall having this problem even with silhouette cars but in the last test the problem was almost gone so I'm not so sure about that and I'll have to check again tomorrow...yesterday anyway I've done a few races with dtm 2015 in these circuits : hockeneim, nurburgring, spiellberg and zandvoort and while spiellberg and zandvoort were running fine I had that loss on hockeneim and the ring...now obviously it could be related to physics or dirt...but if so why only on certain tracks and on certain curbs?and dirt anyway should be on grass and sand (which runs fine) and not on curbs (where I have slowdowns)

Well glad anyway the devs knows about this now :)

11. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    I like the new V8 Aquila.......lots of grunt and fun to drive.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    This. It is quite easy (as I think it should be) and it just eats corners for breakfast.

I quite like the new physics. I haven't used much the new DTM cars, silhouette or M1, but GT3 has had some track time, especially the Camaro, which I didn't like at all with earlier physics. It was a lot worse to drive comapared to Mercedes, which was my earlier ADAC/GT3 favourite.

New physics package does seem much more natural than the earlier. Floatiness is gone and GT3 cars are easy to drive when kept in their natural limits. This also, I think, is like it should be. Aquila drives also like a LMP-lite. It is agile but it too has its limits and when you cross that limit, it is much more difficult to handle than GT3 cars. Again, sounds reasonable to me.

Funnily, I was quite okay with earlier physics too and I today realized why. For example, GT3 cars handled more like American Stock Cars in NR2003 or ARCA Sim Racing: heavy, cumbersome and almost awkward to drive on tight road tracks. That floating feeling just reminds me of going through the fast oval turn on a slight, just miniscule, rear slide which is typical for stock cars on those tracks.

I sincerely hope that S3 can update rest of the pack quickly, as new package is just awesome and miles ahead of the older one. Older package sort of feels fine for the older cars like G5 Vette, which I still like very much. I wish that it retains some of the softiness of the old era with almost too much "powah".

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Gorgoms

Gorgoms Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Fully agree! New physics are very addictive and with the already existing good quality graphics and also the outstanding sounds it's so easy for me forget time doing race after race. One thing so relevant for me is that if i crash in the start of race against the ai i don't restart the racd and continue on it only for the pleasure to drive! Really! Awesome!

• Like Like x 4
  14. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I have a problem to report, when driving some cars the HUD numbers just disappeared, i used to see them but suddently there's nothing on the car HUD, only RPM lights, is this a bug?

P.S. - I'm playing online most of time, not sure if offline there is the same problem...

15. zeefix

zeefix New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Here the same problem as Rui. The Car Display of the Audi R8 in ADAC GT Masters 2014 gets empty after a few minutes driving.
    After Restart the game, it's ok again.

16. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Thank you, but since mine disappear i've never see it again, two days passed...

17. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Mine came back after I disabled "show opponents cockpits" in the custom graphics settings

18. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    So this bug was already reported?

19. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I get this in MP races as well, not in SP.
    Think it's a known bug after the last patch.

20. Eugen Sechel

Eugen Sechel Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Have you managed to find a fix? I just had a closer look at the specs of your CPU and it's pretty much on par with my AMD X2 4850e. I've installed a slightly faster Intel Core 2 Duo 8200 (on another motherboard of course) but didn't have the chance to test. I'll let you know. Do you have any such issues in other games? I've seen huge CPU usage (and bottlenecking) in Alice: Madness Returns and Need For Speed Hot Pursuit (the Criterion one).

P.S.: I have the worst problems on some tracks with GTR3 cars. I haven't tried the DTM 2015 cars outside the time attack competitions.