Released 20-10-2015 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Manolete

Manolete Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    hola..problema in 3 menu screens above see 2 screens in the center .. and error logging vorrado 2104 .. I like everything savedata and sige .. :(

Attached Files:

• r3.jpg
      r3.jpg
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
  2. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    BTW
    It is normal that Fanatec csw F1 rim and bmw rim are no more detected like previously?

Before they were fully named formula and bmw wheel. Now " clubsport wheel" for the two.

I had to remap all my buttons bind for both profils

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. P. Niedergert

P. Niedergert New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i got the Error 2104 also

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. dabbidian

dabbidian New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    i got the Error 2104 also

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Travis P

Travis P Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    Hi James. I have experienced the exact same problem.

Another tester has already reported the issue with the WIP build so it is on the to be fixed list. See you on the AVForums :)

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  6. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    I can't wait to get in and try out all the great updates... urgently need my daily fix of R3E...

... unfortunately I am not allowed in due to Error 2104 (wants me to log in for some reason). :(

7. Skidmark

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    I should add that using my normal Raceroom password does not work to get me into the game but still works to get me into my User Profile at http://game.raceroom.com/users.

8. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    I saw this too when I just started the game to ensure I had update for later...two white screens, one black.

9. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    I'm guessing the Procar does drive better than it did before, but it is so numb now, getting no feedback through the wheel from the road surface, the only ffb I get is on the curbs, and that is bland, and it seems to glide round corners like it is on air, it just doesn't feel correct, it's like driving with the ffb switched off, hope you guys look into this more, was really looking forward to this update.

GT3's feel awsome now, massive improvement..

10. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    For those who are suffering with the Erro 2104: try a Steam Integrity Check, it worked for me!

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Hangon

Hangon Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I Feel the same way as gopher04...Im using a T300....maybe a ffb thrustmaster issue

12. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Okay, so my first impression of the update.

First thought when reading the changelog: "No!.. No pit stops and fuel, WHY!!??.." :eek::fearscream::weary::sob::angry::(

After actually driving the new physics: "Wow!!" :tonguewink::hearteyes::kissingheart::D

Have tried the M1 Procar, Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3, Aquila and the Cougar C14-2.
    The cars feels heavier and more responsive, but still more sensitive for mistakes and over driving.
    Really, really good!

And the floatyness I have felt in the Aquila is gone with the wind! :)
    Cant wait till all the cars get updated.

And also Thank you, thank you, thank you for the optimization!!
    I'm back on max setting on reflections and not a dip under 60 fps with full grids, even on the starting line and on my otherwise terrible track Hockenheim!! :tearsofjoy:

A side note: Loving the new cameras!! :cool:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the Silhouette Series are finally alive, and with awesome new liveries!! :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Good Job!!

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  13. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I had the qual first start last bug too in gt2.

14. Skidmark

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the suggestion Adam - tried that - no joy for me... :cry:

15. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Did a first testing session, with an eye on the physics for BMW M1 Procar and the GT3 cars.

I did a lot of hotlapping at Bathurst and Sonoma yesterday, BEFORE THE PATCH, over two hours, in the z4gt3, mp4gt3, r8lms, and another car not affected by physics so far. So I used these cars on these tracks again, while memory was fresh with yesterday's driving.

Honestly said, I do not know what to think of this. Things are not bad, no-no, but - well, maybe I expected something more dramatic in difference after the proud announcements. I'm a bit underwhelmed.

That cars drive very smooth, smoother than before it seems to me, but only a bit smoother. They are less eager to wag their tails, but only a very tiny little bit less so. There is more stability in car's general attitude, and that seems to make it easier to drive. These differences are so small that I am not even 100% sure they are really there. I must keep on mind that I am not the most perfect and consistent driver there is. So far, so good.

Yesterday I struggled with the MP4, I lost my tail, several times at Bathurst, especially in turns over a small elevation where the car gets light. Today - I just ate both turns and elevations, and the car did not even purr, not to mention: becoming unsettled.

The final hairpin left after the hillside slalom, into the diving straight towards the sandbunker, yesterday was giving me collisions with the wall time and again. Today it was relatively easy to stay in control, the cars did not unsettle, did not slide sideways.

On the same diving straight after the hill section, you first have a mild swing to the right and then have to slam in the brakes for the rectangular left, you remember? Yesterday I had to slam in the brakes as soon as I had the mild right swing behind me and straightened out the car, and still I often ran into the sand, you have to turn left very hard there. Today I could drive to the 100m sign and slightly beyond, and still was within safe braking distance. The cars brake with claws and teeth that yesterday they did not had.

In Sonoma, when you have left the pits it goes upward that hill, and there are two right turns when the car becomes easily light, especially if you miss the ideal line, front tires lose grip and you overshoot too easily. Big problem for me yesterday (I suck at both Bathurst and Sonoma, I forgot to mention). Today: no problem at all.

The Audi felt more like train on wheels than ever. It should be very stabile in attitude, it is very stabile in AC is well. But this now is too easy. - With all three cars you really have to put intention and effort into making your tail overshooting your front, and your car spinning. I think it is too much in grip and easiness. I know this is GT3, but I still think it just is too much.

Yesterday I drove the same times like today, and ended up at the rear of the practicing field, and a huge margin between them and me. Today I stayed within the first 5 ranks - with the same times. The aI seems to struggle with the new physics more than I do. :) It seems to have slowed them down!?

So, I see changes, but thy are smaller than I expected, and they come with more easiness as a result. The cars are grippier, it seems, less easy to lose their tail, and brake op efficient as if there is no tomorrow. I find the driving less challenging and - sorry - more arcadish, in the meaning of not pointing at exaggerated sensationalism and stun-driving, but too easy car behavior, too much smoothness. Before it was more challenging, but within a range where I felt and knew that concentration and focus could let me adapt to it. This now - its not really bad, but it simply does not convince me. The cars feel less alive, and I miss that a bit. Its definitely easier to keep them on the road, and prevent them from spinning out.

I would recommend to make sure that other car classes that are less known for being that grippy and have less downforce glueing them to the ground, show more looseness. Problem is that this is not AC, there are no real street and sport cars, this are all race cars, and they all are designed to produce grip and downforce en masse. I see a problem rising its head there, regarding how the cars contrast against each other in characteristics and behaviour. Too little difference, I mean.

I would like these new physics for the cars that currently are known for being less popular and too easily spinning, but I have to admit that regarding the GT3 cars, and in the future the DTM cars and the like, I am not convinced. I just finished a DTM 2014 season last week - and I liked the way the car behaved, saw little need to address its driving characteristics.

I drive with the default car setups. and no, I have not adapted to the track, that quick I do not adapt to tracks, especially tracks I find difficult.

Beyond that all, I see small added features here and repairs there in the readme, and I like that, because I recall that many of those things were mentioned in the six months I am with the game and this forum now - and that tells me that Sector3 staff really is listening. You guys really leave a good and positive impression!

The physics change is within a scaling that is not dramatic, and so I cannot even rule out that what I described maybe is just my own imagination only. If I would be told that I tested the wrong cars that have not been given the new physics, I would not rule out that it indeed could be like that. Maybe its just the driving on two different days.

But then, if I got it right and the differences are for reals and are the new physics - is this what upgrading physics should achieve: such small differences? I think the differences are real, but they are small and they make driving too easy. Thus I admit I am not convinced these changes are really needed. I liked the way it was before better. But maybe its just my inapt driving.

What I hoped for, was pitstops in SP, and mixed cars in SP, and a fix to the Macau hairpin. Hopefully next time.

The many fixings are appreciated.

Thank you, Sector3!

P.S. Downshift prevention in free practice worked for me, I tested it deliberately and repeatedly. I got the impression thought that it is much more tolerant than in AC, I sometimes had to almost jump one gear and make it blocking me when going down two gears in one rush even when starting the test at maximum revs. Maybe more finetuning needed?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  16. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    For me there seems to be a problem at Bathurst with the ffb, just driving out of the pits the ffb is really strong and spiking all over the place, it's like I'm driving on cobble stones, very bumpy all round the track.

17. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Not on one car it wouldn't be..

18. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I like the FFB as it is. I tried it at Bathurst, Sonoma, Spa and Macau. G27 over here, Logitech Profiler not used.

19. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    For me the physics update isn't what they call a game changer. Like others, cars still feel floaty ffb is a bit numb and I still get the death by oscillation in especially the mp4.

I just not feeling it here with rre its a shame as it has a strong motorsport soul just the handling doesn't do this or the audio justice

20. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Wow, the optimisation is impressive - i'm maxed out at 5760x1080,. 8x msaa and all, smooth as silk, any track i've tried so far - on an r9 290x. Handling feels good- nothing drastic, just good, there's some subtleties in there i'm feeling out - easy to control car with throttle for me

• Agree Agree x 1