Released 25-01-2017 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Pascal Herbig

Pascal Herbig Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Actually noticed that during a league race where I nearly missed my pit stall because I had to navigate the menu. Really unfortunate because I could have had so much time on the long Shanghai Straight to do that if it would be possible.

2. Rui Paiva

Rui Paiva Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    So, my first notice is that now i can't see the friend star on the servers lobby....it was a very nice feature since the last patch ....
    I used all the time to find my friends....will it no longer be available ?

3. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    The way it works now, is that you can open the pit menu, choose your tires, choose fuel, choose to repair damage, and confirm all that while you are out on the track.

The only thing you cant do is select "confirm pit stop" which is an option at the bottom. If you confirmed everything else you wanted to do, when you are entering pit lane, you simply need to click "down" once, and then click "confirm pit stop" and you are all set.

Dont think this is very much of an issue, even with early pit spots. Just do all the navigating of the pit menu when you are on a straight anywhere on the track, and you will have enough time to make all your choices.

Beyond that, in every game I have played that has pit stops... the player really needs to be familiar with them and know how they work mechanically to not spend extra time navigating menus to activate one. Some are more complex than others, but I think RR is pretty straight forward in this regard. :)

Cannot confirm. Tested single player practice mode with a variety of DTM cars at Nurb GP. Requesting a pit stop and driving past the pit stall and exiting the pit lane did not result in any problems.

You are going to need to be a bit more specific on exactly what you were doing and the content/mode used when you noticed this.

Thanks.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Any ETA for the new store feature that I could buy all the car's livery in one package?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Nice job guys this is awesome, woohoo! :D

Edit: Love the manual pitstop, that is almost to good, I keep doing pitstops for no aparent reason now ha ha ha ha.... :p

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Marc Copa

Marc Copa Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    That would be a pity if this feature would no longer give

7. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Agree that Sector3 have done a good job with Silverstone, it's still among the most boring circuits in the world though.

You take that back!
    We are a country that prides ourselves in our ability to bitch, moan and queue. If your starting to like us, we're obviously doing something wrong.

:D

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Stede

Stede Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    According to the manual Pit Stops (wich are great), it would be nice if we could get a mark or hint, that Pit-Limiter is active...maybe in the small dashpanel on the right lower corner with one of the upcomming patches (as early as u can implement it). Now it makes a lot sense to use Pitlimiter, before patch u didn't need it really.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Real MVP of the patch seems to be the server though, little buddy seems to be going strong compared to November. :p

Pumped to get back to it after work today and try it out some more.

• Like Like x 2
  10. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, the friend notification should still be there. Just tested this with a friend and there is a little star icon that appears between the name of the server, and the picture of the track on the left side in the server browser.

2017-01-26 0033 0002_LI.jpg

Right here where i circled is where the star that says you have a friend in the server appears.

I didnt have a friend on at the moment i took this pic, but i had one on immediately beforehand and the star appeared there.

• Like Like x 2
  11. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Could search function accept multiple queries. Like when I put "GTR3, Silverstone", it will show servers which have GTR3s and Silverstone. Right now it doesn't seem to work like this, at least for me.

12. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Well, first impressions of the AI are a mixed bag...

Tried about 5-6 short sprints with the DTM 1992 cars around Nurburgring GP. AI still a bit too slow in the first corner but so are humans in online races. Watching the AI dice around for the first few laps, race side by side is quite spectacular. They purposely defend lines but not overly so. I didn't notice the AI mistakes but that was probably due to the shorter race length. All in all, really cool to see, much more humanlike than ever before...
    At least until the player car has even the tiniest touch with an AI cars. Then you lose about 90% of the control and are at the mercy of the AI and where they decide your car should be placed.

Of those 5-6 races twice I got spun from the slightest contact with an AI car, one of which was a car behind me touching my left rear coming out of a slow right hander. How this makes sense I've no idea.

The AI difficulty was at 116, however I have no idea whether this has any effect on the incredibly annoying PvAI collisions. I will try the GT3s since I see in the patch notes that specific thing was improved for them, however if I wanted to race GT3s I'd just go online. SP for me is for the lesser used classes and tracks really.

A bit disappointing honestly. The actual AI behavior looks amazing to someone who's raced the older Simbin & ISI titles the most offline, however I can't see myself racing offline much if the collisions stay as they are right now.

13. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    I went tire to tire racing in the FR3 last night without being spun wildly out of control, either the DTM92 stuff is overly sensitive or you're hitting things way to hard. :p At 116% AI and you keeping up with them I'm going to assume it's the DTM92 stuff that's still very unforgiving.

14. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I enter pitlane. Click the boxing menu, and klick it away. I am blind and miss my box. I enter track again, and mirror, left/side view and gauges overhead display are gone.

Confirmed twice now. I excel in missing my pitbox.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Too late now, we've left!! ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Is the automatic clutch now always on?

I recognised that my engine (GT3) is still running after a spin and full stopped. Before it was necessary to press the clutch pedal that the enginge not stalls.

17. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    That was last patch no? Auto-clutch always on for cars running sequential?

18. Stede

Stede Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Where there any changes to the FlagRules on Dedi-Servers? I think before the patch we could choose from different options according the FlagRules at the Webinterface of our Dedi-Servers and had switched it to "All". now, after the patch we colud only choose between "none" and "Black only". Is that right? What does these 2 options make? Cut-Rules where "off" but some players had drive-through penelties because of Pit-Speed-Limit and one player was disqualified directly after he crosses the PitLine. Another player was disqualified after 3 drive-through-penalties. All on Shanghai GP-Circuit in DTM 2016

19. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    Was always like this...

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    WTF?

Why this?