Released 25-01-2017 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Jan 25, 2017.

1. LTC Mike

LTC Mike Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Well I don't get why I have to confirm a pitstop as the driver - in most (if not all) the sims I know so far that have a pitstop feature I as the driver request a pitstop ... then it depends: if I have or could set a pit strategy in advance it will be choosen, I could change several settings on the fly on the track and then I just enter the pits, stop and the crew handles it. Not so in R3E ... while fiddeling to hit the pitlane, get to the right speed, check for the box etc I have to confirm again that I really want to pit and didn't enter the pitslane by accident... that's some kind of pitting procedure I really hate and I don't get why I have to confirm again what I want to do and did express by selecting that I want to pit now...

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    Agree, the "pit"-button should really only bring up the small "pit now" label, using the planned preset. If you want to make changes, you can always bring up the pit menu by pressing the "pit menu" button.

It absolutely makes most sense NOT to bring up the menu unless you ask for it.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. SylverFyre

SylverFyre Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    Just my opinion, but I like the pit system as it is now. Call up the pit menu while lapping, set any options on your in lap. Brake and hit the pit limiter for the speed limit line, then confirm the pit actions. Drive into pit box. Wait, drive out and release pit limiter as you cross the exit line.

I don't think that's too complicated, but it allows you to choose presets and tweak according to how your race is running.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. SylverFyre

SylverFyre Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    Drive faster?
    </joke>

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, will check this out again and see if other testers notice this.

Hmm, I will have to look again when I have a friend online. I only recall seeing the star and a brief description saying that 'you have a friend on this server' or something like that.

If it doesnt say 'who' your friend is on the server, I will add it to a bug report so the devs can take a look and perhaps add it back.

I agree with you, seeing which of your friends was on the server was nice.

Some people ran low wing settings on the DTM cars. Like, minimum wing. So, "5" in the car setup menu. With a wing setting of 5, DRS didnt make you go any faster. Now, this is fixed and you do go a bit faster with a wing setting of 5 and DRS active.

Not sure why people use a crazy low wing value... but they did. Anyways, now if you use a crazy low wing value, the car should be incredibly unstable. It already was before, and I dont think this changed any... but some people were really used to driving with minimum wings (and other crazy setup options).

Where are you seeing tire wear for the AI? It isnt listed anywhere as far as I know. There is no display in the UI/HUD that lists AI fuel or tire wear, and replay files dont show that stuff either. I would be wary of any 3rd party apps reporting such info, as it may not be entirely accurate.

Well, I would rather confirm the options I choose for a pitstop than accidentally mis-click something or just have the game use settings I didnt actually want. As @SylverFyre described above, I personally dont believe the pit stop procedure is all that difficult. And you literally only need 2 button presses to fully confirm your stop when you enter pit lane. (clicking down to hover the selection button over the confirm option, and then pressing your mapped button to confirm it).

Cheers

6. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    Yes, but you can always bring up the pit menu if you need it, by pressing "pit menu" instead of the "pit request" button. The way it works now, there really isn't a way to pit without bringing up the menu, which in most cases is unnecessary.

I would think that the whole idea behind having separate "pit request" and "pit menu" buttons is to give you a choice whether to bring the menu up or not when pitting.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    OK I just had one of the best, most immersive set of races with the new AI.:) I don't use the adaptive AI because they always seem too slow or too fast no matter what I do. So tonight I set them at my usual setting. And what a difference! I had learned the previous AI's habits and was have some very tight races. But Man, the new AI are so much more aware of me. I was in several close battles surrounded by 4 or more cars going 3 wide into the corners. 4 and 5 way battles for position. It was so intense and immersive!!! I loved it. I never thought I'd say this. But these are the best AI i have ever battled in a race with. I finished the last race exhausted and sweating from the focus required to win the races with the AI hot on my tail and no room for mistakes:D.
    Thanks to all the guys at Sector 3 for all your hard work!;) This is the best yet:hearteyes:

• Like Like x 9
  8. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I think it's good too, I often make small adjustments of my pit presets depending on how the race goes.
    One thing would be if the confirm button was highlighted once entering the pit, then it would just be to press one button if we don't want to change anything.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. TheFlash

TheFlash Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Hello Sector 3 Studios,

Is the opponent selector/car filter still planned? It has been said in early 2016 that it will be implemented later in the year (Link). 2016 is over, no such feature in the first 2017 patch and not mentioned in the newsletter as a feature in the pipeline. Has this often wished and (in my opinion) very important feature been scrapped?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. kamackeris

kamackeris Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    just by pressing the + and - buttons to jump to other cars whilst driving. i pulled over on the last lap and went through every car and every single one the tyre wear was in the yellow on every tyre. the same HUD panel that we see you can see for every AI car

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. kamackeris

kamackeris Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    what AI level and what track combo ??

12. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Yepp, atm it's helpful (also because of missing limiter indicator) because at least you can know when definitely entering/leaving the pitlane.
    As for the AI, I ran a practice race at Laguna with GT3 yesterday (Level 108) and except for the first laps, where they were really pushing and tend to be quiet aggressive, it almost felt like racing MP against competent opponents...as for adaptive AI I still recommend to check out the right AI level for your skills instead to get the right feel for racing them.
    All in all I find the AI really good again, it's just that when you're a more Offline Driver you normally expect to have some fun, not to struggle like hell in case which you have to, when competing against online m8s...don't know if it will be possible to eventually please both factions...cause all in all I find them very tight with the right portion of aggressiveness (from the MP drivers POV).
    Don't expect the AI adapt to you -but try to adapt to the AI.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Imsa mustang GTO on silverstone.
    I always set the AI low after an update to get a feel for them. So AI were at 90%. I will start cranking them up 5% at a time now to get more competition.

14. Mista Mustermann

Mista Mustermann New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Racers,

since 2 1/2 months i dont really have fun with Raceroom, cause i dont have the control
    over the clutch of my favorite car. It is stuck in auto-clutch :-/. But since 25-01-2017
    update Raceroom is unplayable for me, cause the forcefeedback from my T150 steering wheel
    disappears after a short time. Only the force of gear shifting remains. Please, i just
    want the fun back that i once had!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  15. DaniloE31

DaniloE31 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Well...
    I use a Thrustmaster T150 as well and have zero problem. I'd rather say, I'm super happy with it.
    So maybe the problem is not on S3 side? :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Mista Mustermann

Mista Mustermann New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I had never problems with my T150. Only since the update. Maybe i have bad timing.
    I had the problem 3 times in 15 minutes. I ask a friend with T500 to test it. He
    had the problem 1 time in an hour and had also never problems with this.
    So i think the problem is on S3 side!:neutral:

17. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Well I got to drive some more offline stuff with the AI today. Seemed better than yesterday.

I noticed a bit of a peculiar behavior and I went back and saw my replays from yesterday - the AI vs AI racing is really good; the player vs AI car is pretty good as well; it's when there's more than one AI car near when things go a bit wonky. It looked to me as though the AI drive accordingly to other AI cars more so than the player's car. I might be completely wrong, of course, just an observation. EDIT: To be more accurate - it seems as though the AI prioritizes racing the other AI well rather than the player where there's more than 1 AI car.

Someone with a better rig really ought to record a video of the new AI battling around by themselves - it really is fantastic to see them dicing. I'd do it but I can't do the graphics any justice :(

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  18. kamackeris

kamackeris Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I rang a wtcc race at saschenring earlier today 114 % ai. Was a fantastic race with like you say the ai battling with each other... I have crew chief and in 20 mins was informed that loeb and Lopez exchanged the lead about 5 or 6 times.... Sure I have never seen that before. One thing I did notice though was there was one corner where the ai was noticeably slow compared to me... Can we report these for sector 3 to look at?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    What do you feed your AI coder with!?

This is probably the best AI I have ever seen in a race title.

Chapeau!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    @Andi Goodwin hes always bitchin bout em lol